Tutorial : Root Galaxy S10 Series Android 12 One UI 4.1 Stock Firmware

Search This thread

is.Mehrdad

Sep 4, 2020
Deutschland
www.reddit.com
Root Samsung Galaxy S10 Series Android 12, WITHOUT Ramdisk

Root Samsung S10+ - S10 - S10e SM-G97xxx, Stock Rom Android 12 - UI 4.1 Latest Version (I tested G970FXXUFHVE1)

(Without combination keys for active Magisk after normal restart – Without press power key for warning massage booting)

How to root:

1. Extract your downloaded Rom and patch AP file with magisk (Recovery Mod)
2. Go to download mode.
3. Uncheck auto reboot in Odin.
4. Flash your patched AP file with BL CP CSC.
5. When flash passed, again we should go to download mode.
6. Hold volume down and power key, and after vibration release power key and hold Bixby key and volume down for going to download mod again.
7. Reset Odin and again uncheck auto reboot, put twrp recovery,
To AP and flash, it.
8. When passed, we need again reset and go to twrp recovery, volume down power key, after vibration release volume down and hold volume up and bixby key with power key after splash release power key and hold your volume up and bixby for 1 second then release.
9. We should be in twrp recovery mod, format data, rename magisk.apk to magisk.zip, copy magisk.zip, kernel, multi disabler and twrp boot logo to the sd card.
10. Mount your sd card and install first magsik.zip, then multi disabler, twrp boot logo and finally kernel.zip
11. Restart to system.
12. After booting to android 12 open the magisk app and let download the latest version.
13. When download finished open magisk, you will see one massage for install complete magisk after reboot in 5 seconds, cancel it and go to setting and active Zygisk and Magisk Hide, rename it.
14. When magisk hide process finished. Open again magisk, you will see the reboot massage again.
15. Tap ok and wait for rebooting.

Fix Internal Storage Size:
First Format Data.

If doesn't work :

1. Boot into TWRP recovery.

2. Select Wipe » Advanced Wipe.

3. Tick/check the Data partition.

4. Select Repair or Change File System button.

5. And lastly, select Resize File System button. (Let TWRP resize your file system. It might take some time, have patience)

After reboot, your galaxy is rooted without any problem. And you can install modules zips. And enjoy your root same stock Rom without any opened bootloader warnning massage first of booting android. And without press power key after that.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATED (G970FXXUFHVE1) Android 12 - One UI 4.1 - May 2022

For update your android without losing data, follow these steps:

1. Download: Kernels - Multidisabler Samsung 3.1 - TWRP Bootlogo Patch - Magisk 24.3 - Odin 3.14.1-3B Patched.
2. In Odin uncheck Auto reboot, flash (BL - Patched AP File with Magisk - CP - Home CSC).
3. Reboot manual to download mode again, Flash TWRP Recovery in AP slot.
4. Reboot to TWRP recovery, flash Magisk.zip, Kernel and Multidisabler then TWRP Bootlogo.
5. Reboot to system and finished. :)

Download the latest Firmware for your galaxy here: https://samfirms.com

Download the latest TWRP recovery for your galaxy here: https://twrp.me/Devices/Samsung/

Special Thanks to Ambasadii Dev. For Kernels. Magisk Dev. TeamWin For TWRP Recovery And Odin3 Patched.

Attachments

• TWRP_Bootlogo.zip
    509.2 KB · Views: 518
  • Odin3 v3.14.1_3B_PatcheD.zip
    1.3 MB · Views: 404
  • multidisabler-samsung 3.1.zip
    3.9 KB · Views: 221
  • Ambasadii_Cruel-HVE1-G97xF-v6.6-S.zip
    42.2 MB · Views: 370
  • Magisk-v25.1.apk
    10.7 MB · Views: 122
Last edited:

bruram

May 18, 2008
Happy to see your post!

I have Android 11 FUL1, with Magisk 23000 (last versioin with Magisk Hide and Modules) and last Official Twrp and I want to pass to Android 12.

So my question:

May I patch android 12 AP file G970FOXMEGVA4 and patch also twrp but under Android 11 and Magisk 23000?

My aim is to maintain the Twrp already present and to avoid to install stock Android 12 only to patch AP file and twrp.

Then I should start immediately with Odin, AP patched, twrp patched, multidisabler, kernel and all the orther things.

Is this possible?

And just for info, your kernel is the same as Ambasadii rom?

DelNero

Sep 24, 2012
Hello everybody, thans for the work.
I tried your method but it's not working for me.
All is good until step 7.
At Step 8, the phone restarts good on TWRP but a script is executing and the phone restarts.
On this restart, i do like you explain (hold volume up and bixby key with power key after splash release power key and hold your volume up and bixby for 1 second then release) but the phone don't restarts in TWRP and the phone vibrate instead, then the phone is freeze on SAMSUNG logo

EDIT : A resolved it by flashing the CSC file instead of the CSC HOME file.

Last edited:
Reactions: VictoSab and tombbb

BlaqqSL8

Jul 15, 2020

Root Samsung S10+ - S10 - S10e SM-G97xxx, Stock Rom Android 12 Latest Version (I tested G970FOXMEGVA4)
(Without combination keys for active Magisk after normal restart – Without press power key for warning massage booting)

Sorry For Bad ENGLISH
https://1drv.ms/w/s!AiUnkR9HkhduiqRfflrkvHqg5Ai_lQ?e=fIGiFi

Downloads:

1. Download the latest stock ROM for your galaxy here: https://samfirms.com

2. Magist the Latest Version 24.0: https://bit.ly/3rYnEzQ
3. Kernel: https://bit.ly/3o55bR1
4. TWRP Recovery, The Latest Version: https://bit.ly/3ADTk1F
5. MultiDisabler: https://bit.ly/3r693mY
6. TWRP Boot logo: https://bit.ly/33TNrRT
7. Odin 3.14.4: https://bit.ly/3o67YcG

How to root:

2. Go to download mode.
5. When flash passed, again we should go to download mod.
6. Hold volume down and power key, and after vibration release power key and hold Bixby key and volume down for going to download mod again.
To AP and flash, it.
8. When passed, we need again reset and go to twrp recovery, volume down power key, after vibration release volume down and hold volume up and bixby key with power key after splash release power key and hold your volume up and bixby for 1 second then release.
9. We should be in twrp recovery mod, wipe data, rename magisk.apk to magisk.zip, copy magisk.zip, kernel, multi disabler and twrp boot logo to the sd card.
10. Mount your sd card and install first magsik.zip, then multi disabler, twrp boot logo and finally kernel.zip
11. Restart to system.
12. After booting to android 12 open the magisk app and let download the latest version.
13. When download finished open magisk, you will see one massage for install complete magisk after reboot in 5 seconds, cancel it and go to setting and active Zygisk and Magisk Hide, rename magisk to “manage” (without R).
14. When magisk hide process finished. Open again magisk, you will see the reboot massage again.

After reboot, your galaxy is rooted without any problem. And you can install modules zips. And enjoy your root same stock Rom without any opened bootloader warnning massage first of booting android. And without press power key after that.
Fantastic instructions! Worked like a charm....except that my internal storage has gone from 128gb, to 32gb.

How can this be resolved?

I notice that the instructions did not include flashing vbmeta. Could this be problem?

is.Mehrdad

Sep 4, 2020
Deutschland
www.reddit.com
Fantastic instructions! Worked like a charm....except that my internal storage has gone from 128gb, to 32gb.

How can this be resolved?

I notice that the instructions did not include flashing vbmeta. Could this be problem?

After step 8 you are in TWRP Recovery, You must “Format Data” in TWRP then again boot your device to TWRP recovery. After Wipe data, vbmeta and your storage will be fixed.

Be careful, After Wipe Data don't boot in OS, because you must pass other steps before boot to OS.

Last edited:
Reactions: BlaqqSL8

is.Mehrdad

Sep 4, 2020
Deutschland
www.reddit.com
Happy to see your post!

I have Android 11 FUL1, with Magisk 23000 (last versioin with Magisk Hide and Modules) and last Official Twrp and I want to pass to Android 12.

So my question:

May I patch android 12 AP file G970FOXMEGVA4 and patch also twrp but under Android 11 and Magisk 23000?

My aim is to maintain the Twrp already present and to avoid to install stock Android 12 only to patch AP file and twrp.

Then I should start immediately with Odin, AP patched, twrp patched, multidisabler, kernel and all the orther things.

Is this possible?

And just for info, your kernel is the same as Ambasadii rom?
No, not working, you should install multidisabler and other files in twrp recovery.

Kernel is same

is.Mehrdad

Sep 4, 2020
Deutschland
www.reddit.com
At Step 8, the phone restarts good on TWRP but a script is executing and the phone restarts.
On this restart, i do like you explain (hold volume up and bixby key with power key after splash release power key and hold your volume up and bixby for 1 second then release) but the phone don't restarts in TWRP and the phone vibrate instead, then the phone is freeze on SAMSUNG logo

Happy for resolved problem. ;)(y)

But I wrote in step 4 CSC File, Not CSC Home. :D

BlaqqSL8

Jul 15, 2020

After step 8 you are in TWRP Recovery, You must “Wipe Data” in TWRP then again boot your device to TWRP recovery. After Wipe data, vbmeta and your storage will be fixed.

Be careful, After Wipe Data don't boot in OS, because you must pass other steps before boot to OS.

Thanks for the quick reply.

Just one more thing: Can I flash vbmeta in the CP slot, at the same time as flashing TWRP in the AP slot? Or do I have to flash them individually?

BlaqqSL8

Jul 15, 2020
I don't think so
What is exactly the problem with vbmeta ?
There's no problem with vbmeta that I know of. It's just that, following your instructions, I still only have 32gb of internal storage instead of 128gb.

It would really help if you could update your instructions to include flashing the vbmeta file either via Odin, or using vbmeta.img in TWRP.

is.Mehrdad

Sep 4, 2020
Deutschland
www.reddit.com
There's no problem with vbmeta that I know of. It's just that, following your instructions, I still only have 32gb of internal storage instead of 128gb.

It would really help if you could update your instructions to include flashing the vbmeta file either via Odin, or using vbmeta.img in TWRP.

Test this, if not working, I will test again all of my files.

After flash your patched AP, Boot to TWRP and mount all of your partitions, then restart again to twrp recovery and then do Wipe Data and again reboot to recovery for flash other files.

5. And lastly, select Resize File System button. (Let TWRP resize your file system. It might take some time, have patience)

Last edited:
Reactions: okij and tombbb

BlaqqSL8

Jul 15, 2020
Test this, if not working, I will test again all of my files.

After flash your patched AP, Boot to TWRP and mount all of your partitions, then restart again to twrp recovery and then do Wipe Data and again reboot to recovery for flash other files.

From reading many posts\instructions on how to install\root A12, I think that, where you say "WIPE DATA", It should be FORMAT DATA - YES.

I'm going to try it that way, and will let you know ow it goes.

Reactions: is.Mehrdad

VenfefulRat

Nov 24, 2016
So I followed all the steps. I did everything and everything worked as it should. However, when I get to magisk wanting to update, it does so, patches everything successfully but on restart, I get a bootloop.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I try to do it backwards I flash with odin TRWP 3.6.2 reboot ok, install magisk25.1 I modify AP with magisk 25.1 I will then flash AP patched magisk with odin. Either just AP or the 4 files with home CSC so as not to lose data as TRWP is installed, I fear that it will not work I would be fine.
    boot .img in AP patch these magisk no if I modify trwp 3.6.2 with magisk that I modify boot.img that I insert in the AP that I flache with the 3 other files with home CSC maybe it works.

Frankly I'm not far from the solution patched AP with magisk remove recovery and replace it with the trwp patch, renamed recovery reboot ok magisk present when I activate zygisk reboot in magisk zygisk non magisk no I wonder if it is necessary to reboot in mode recovery TRWP and do something in wipe cache /dalvick

Root Samsung S10+ - S10 - S10e SM-G97xxx, Stock Rom Android 12 - UI 4.1 Latest Version (I tested G970FXXUFHVE1)

How to root:

2. Go to download mode.
    5. When flash passed, again we should go to download mode.
    To AP and flash, it.
    9. We should be in twrp recovery mod, format data, rename magisk.apk to magisk.zip, copy magisk.zip, kernel, multi disabler and twrp boot logo to the sd card.
    11. Restart to system.
    13. When download finished open magisk, you will see one massage for install complete magisk after reboot in 5 seconds, cancel it and go to setting and active Zygisk and Magisk Hide, rename it.

Fix Internal Storage Size:
    First Format Data.

If doesn't work :

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATED (G970FXXUFHVE1) Android 12 - One UI 4.1 - May 2022

For update your android without losing data, follow these steps:

1. Download: Kernels - Multidisabler Samsung 3.1 - TWRP Bootlogo Patch - Magisk 24.3 - Odin 3.14.1-3B Patched.
    2. In Odin uncheck Auto reboot, flash (BL - Patched AP File with Magisk - CP - Home CSC).
    3. Reboot manual to download mode again, Flash TWRP Recovery in AP slot.
    4. Reboot to TWRP recovery, flash Magisk.zip, Kernel and Multidisabler then TWRP Bootlogo.
    5. Reboot to system and finished. :)

Download the latest Firmware for your galaxy here: https://samfirms.com

Download the latest TWRP recovery for your galaxy here: https://twrp.me/Devices/Samsung/

Special Thanks to Ambasadii Dev. For Kernels. Magisk Dev. TeamWin For TWRP Recovery And Odin3 Patched.

Ambasadii Kernel updated to the version 6.5

Thread 'Tutorial : Root Galaxy S10 Series Android 12 One UI 4.1 Stock Firmware' https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...android-12-one-ui-4-1-stock-firmware.4394629/

Happy for resolved problem. ;)(y)

But I wrote in step 4 CSC File, Not CSC Home. :D

I will stay on Android 11 and it is possible to keep root when you turn off the phone instead of use restart! After turning on the phone by power button root is still there.