Tutorial : Root Galaxy S10 Series Android 12 One UI 4.1 Stock Firmware

Search This thread
Dec 2, 2022
I've followed this tutorial for root my S10 G973F with latest firmware update (G973FXXUGHVJ5) and it worked flawlessly, but now my doubt is if flashing cruel kernel is needed or just optional, i mean, this method will work without cruel kernel (so keeping the stock one)? 🤔

EDIT:
Tested and without crue kernel you'll not get root, so yes is needed.

However i've noticed that after flashing AP magisk patched file smart view so screen mirroring isn't working anymore 😭

Last edited:

knojap

Apr 18, 2011
I've followed this tutorial for root my S10 G973F with latest firmware update (G973FXXUGHVJ5) and it worked flawlessly, but now my doubt is if flashing cruel kernel is needed or just optional, i mean, this method will work without cruel kernel (so keeping the stock one)? 🤔

EDIT:

However i've noticed that after flashing AP magisk patched file smart view so screen mirroring isn't working anymore 😭

Reactions: SteweEliteModder

is.Mehrdad

Sep 4, 2020
Deutschland
ProgHub.Live

EDIT:

Smart view works perfectly for me,

Which kernel did you flash?

If the problem is root detection, you can install App Manager application and grant root permission to the application with magisk, then search for magisk app in app manager search field and disable it. After disabling magisk, test the smart view.

In addition, with this solution, banking apps are not able to detect that your phone is rooted.

And you can easily work with your banking applications.

After you finish working with the banking app, you can enable Magisk again through App Manager.

Many Thanks To App Manager Developer (Muntashir Al-Islam)

Attachments

• AppManager_v3.0.3.apk
    14.3 MB · Views: 39
Last edited:

knojap

Apr 18, 2011

EDIT:

Put this line at the end of build.prop and restart
wlan.wfd.hdcp=disable

Dec 2, 2022
Smart view work perfectly for me,
Which kernel you flashed?
I've flashed latest one which you uploaded (CruelKernel v5.3.zip), but isn't a kernel issue, cruel kernel is fine, rather... cruel kernel is literally a bomb increasing a lot device performances, the issue is due to root because i've did some tests yesterday and smart view stopped working immediately after flashing ap magisk patched file through odin, so the kernel was the stock one yet when smart view stopped working, however thanks for this method, my s10 (g973f/ds) now is reborn thanks to this method/guide 👍
Put this line at the end of build.prop and restart
wlan.wfd.hdcp=disable
I had saw this trick through google search but not tested yet, however thanks i'll try it and i'll post results then.

is.Mehrdad

Sep 4, 2020
Deutschland
ProgHub.Live
I've flashed latest one which you uploaded (CruelKernel v5.3.zip), but isn't a kernel issue, cruel kernel is fine, rather... cruel kernel is literally a bomb increasing a lot device performances, the issue is due to root because i've did some tests yesterday and smart view stopped working immediately after flashing ap magisk patched file through odin, so the kernel was the stock one yet when smart view stopped working, however thanks for this method, my s10 (g973f/ds) now is reborn thanks to this method/guide 👍

I had saw this trick through google search but not tested yet, however thanks i'll try it and i'll post results then.

knojap

Apr 18, 2011

With rooted devices you always has to fo this workaround. Otherwise smartview doesn't work.

Dec 2, 2022
Ok tested and perfectly working now after that line added to my build.prop (wlan.wfd.hdcp=disable), now everything is fine, tested dex feature too that convert the device in pc format through screen mirroring and it's awesome! 😉👍

Reactions: knojap

kheldar31

Feb 1, 2015
I get stuck at userdata.img phase. I havent tried wiping the data. I've tried various different usb ports and cables all are the same. Can anyone help?

Dec 2, 2022
That because you must enable developer options and then enable "debug USB", you can enable developer options through settings by pressing 7 times on build version, the same thing happened to me because i had forgot to enable debug usb before to start flashing ap magisk patched file lol

Dec 2, 2022
But the kernel isn't stock one, it's cruel kernel so adding more features and increasing performances, i've tested a bit stock untouched rom before to flash all stuff and cruel kernel and i've noticed a bit more lagging with stock kernel, with cruel one instead is pretty fast even under stress using apps such apktool that are using a lot of resources, plus cruel kernel has ntfs file system reading support that's interesting about watch movies from usb drive so (tested and perfectly working), that's why i'm saying that my s10 is reborn 😁

Reactions: knojap

is.Mehrdad

Sep 4, 2020
Deutschland
ProgHub.Live
But the kernel isn't stock one, it's cruel kernel so adding more features and increasing performances, i've tested a bit stock untouched rom before to flash all stuff and cruel kernel and i've noticed a bit more lagging with stock kernel, with cruel one instead is pretty fast even under stress using apps such apktool that are using a lot of resources, plus cruel kernel has ntfs file system reading support that's interesting about watch movies from usb drive so (tested and perfectly working), that's why i'm saying that my s10 is reborn 😁
Test Ambasadii Kernel…

For Ambasadii kernel, NTFS file system is enabled too, (read-only)

Last edited:

kheldar31

Feb 1, 2015
That because you must enable developer options and then enable "debug USB", you can enable developer options through settings by pressing 7 times on build version, the same thing happened to me because i had forgot to enable debug usb before to start flashing ap magisk patched file lol
Thank you for your response. I had indeed skipped enabling debug usb. However, it still didn't fix the issue and I get stuck at the same phase :/

Update: I also booted in to recovery mode and did a factory reset and partition cache clear. Still same :/ ( didn't forget to enable usb debugging after reset)

Edit: Welp. Since I'm new to the scene, i didn't know I had to unlock bootloader. I did that and it's done. thanks!

Last edited:

kheldar31

Feb 1, 2015
I downloaded my FW through Frija and even though I follow the steps to the point, i get stuck on boot. I tried either flashing cruel kernel or the other.

The fw is :

SM-G975F/TUR/G975FXXUFHVG4/G975FOXMFHVG4/G975FXXUFHVG4

The steps I follow:

1: I flash patched FW that I created prior to data wipe and factory reset using Odin 3.14.4
2: I flash TWRP and boot into recovery. (twrp-3.7.0_9-1-beyond2lte.img.tar)
3: I resize partition.
4: I format Internal Storage because the pc doesn't recognize the phone unless I do it.
5: I copy magisk, cruel kernel, multi disabler and logofix zips to internal storage.
6: i install them through twrp
7: I reboot to system.

Get stuck on Samsung Galaxy S10+ Logo.

Last edited:

resi83

Jan 24, 2015
I downloaded my FW through Frija and even though I follow the steps to the point, i get stuck on boot. I tried either flashing cruel kernel or the other.

The fw is :

SM-G975F/TUR/G975FXXUFHVG4/G975FOXMFHVG4/G975FXXUFHVG4

The steps I follow:

1: I flash patched FW that I created prior to data wipe and factory reset using Odin 3.14.4
2: I flash TWRP and boot into recovery. (twrp-3.7.0_9-1-beyond2lte.img.tar)
3: I resize partition.
4: I format Internal Storage because the pc doesn't recognize the phone unless I do it.
5: I copy magisk, cruel kernel, multi disabler and logofix zips to internal storage.
6: i install them through twrp
7: I reboot to system.

Get stuck on Samsung Galaxy S10+ Logo.
Which Kernel did you use?
Possibly it is the wrong one for this firmware (SM-G975F/TUR/G975FXXUFHVG4/G975FOXMFHVG4/G975FXXUFHVG4)!?

Dec 2, 2022
About the steps you must follow:

1. Flash original firmware.
2. Unlock bootloader.
3. Switch on device then make ap magisk patched file and enable debug usb.
4. Disable auto-reboot in odin and flash ap magisk patched file.
5. Reboot in download mode then disable again auto-reboot and flash twrp recovery.
6. Reboot in twrp recovery mode and with advanced wipe format cache & data, then with normal wipe format data.
7. From twrp with your pc connected you should see your device as device memory so copy magisk, multi disabler, bootlogo, ambasadii kernel to your internal storage or external storage.
8. From twrp now install those files in this order:

A. Magisk
B. Multi disabler
C. Bootlogo
D. Ambasadii kernel

9. Now again with advanced wipe format cache & data and normal wipe format data, then reboot to system.

this is exactly how i've did and in this way it's worked perfectly without issues.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks. I do not want to loose all my settings and data. Is it enough to boot to TWRP and install Anbasadii Kernel zip, correct? Or do I need to flash Magisk.zip, multidisabler and bootlogo again as well? Or do I even have to go through the whole update procedure using Odin (with CRC home)?
    Just flash ambasadii kernel zip, your data will be safe.
    Root Samsung Galaxy S10 Series Android 12, WITHOUT Ramdisk

Root Samsung S10+ - S10 - S10e SM-G97xxx, Stock Rom Android 12 - UI 4.1 Latest Version (I tested G970FXXUGHVL2)

(Without combination keys for active Magisk after normal restart – Without press power key for warning massage booting)

How to root:

1. Extract your downloaded Rom and patch AP file with magisk (Recovery Mod)
    2. Go to download mode.
    3. Uncheck auto reboot in Odin.
    4. Flash your patched AP file with BL CP CSC.
    5. When flash passed, again we should go to download mode.
    6. Hold volume down and power key, and after vibration release power key and hold Bixby key and volume down for going to download mod again.
    7. Reset Odin and again uncheck auto reboot, put twrp recovery,
    To AP and flash, it.
    8. When passed, we need again reset and go to twrp recovery, volume down power key, after vibration release volume down and hold volume up and bixby key with power key after splash release power key and hold your volume up and bixby for 1 second then release.
    9. We should be in twrp recovery mod, format data, rename magisk.apk to magisk.zip, copy magisk.zip, kernel, multi disabler and twrp boot logo to the sd card.
    10. Mount your sd card and install first magsik.zip, then multi disabler, twrp boot logo and finally kernel.zip
    11. Restart to system.
    12. After booting to android 12 open the magisk app and let download the latest version.
    13. When download finished open magisk, you will see one massage for install complete magisk after reboot in 5 seconds, cancel it and go to setting and active Zygisk and Magisk Hide, rename it.
    14. When magisk hide process finished. Open again magisk, you will see the reboot massage again.
    15. Tap ok and wait for rebooting.

Fix Internal Storage Size:
    First Format Data.

If doesn't work :

1. Boot into TWRP recovery.

2. Select Wipe » Advanced Wipe.

3. Tick/check the Data partition.

4. Select Repair or Change File System button.

5. And lastly, select Resize File System button. (Let TWRP resize your file system. It might take some time, have patience)

After reboot, your galaxy is rooted without any problem. And you can install modules zips. And enjoy your root same stock Rom without any opened bootloader warnning massage first of booting android. And without press power key after that.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATED (G970FXXUGHVL2) Android 12 - One UI 4.1 - December 2022

For update your android without losing data, follow these steps:

1. Download: One of Kernels - Multidisabler Samsung 3.5 - TWRP Bootlogo Patch - Magisk - Odin 3.14.1-3B Patched.
    2. In Odin uncheck Auto reboot, flash (BL - Patched AP File with Magisk - CP - Home CSC).
    3. Reboot manual to download mode again, Flash TWRP Recovery in AP slot.
    4. Reboot to TWRP recovery, flash Magisk.zip, Kernel and Multidisabler then TWRP Bootlogo.
    5. Reboot to system and finished. :)

Download the latest Firmware for your galaxy here: https://samfirms.com

Download the latest TWRP recovery for your galaxy here: https://twrp.me/Devices/Samsung/

Special Thanks to Ambasadii Dev. And CruelKernel Develop Team For Kernels. Magisk Dev. TeamWin For TWRP Recovery And Odin3 Patched.

Ambasadii Kernel updated to the version 6.5

Thread 'Tutorial : Root Galaxy S10 Series Android 12 One UI 4.1 Stock Firmware' https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/...android-12-one-ui-4-1-stock-firmware.4394629/

Flash this kernel in TWRP recovery for fix Magisk update problem

Kernel fixed for Magisk v25.2​

Hello everybody, thans for the work.
    I tried your method but it's not working for me.
    All is good until step 7.
    At Step 8, the phone restarts good on TWRP but a script is executing and the phone restarts.
    On this restart, i do like you explain (hold volume up and bixby key with power key after splash release power key and hold your volume up and bixby for 1 second then release) but the phone don't restarts in TWRP and the phone vibrate instead, then the phone is freeze on SAMSUNG logo

EDIT : A resolved it by flashing the CSC file instead of the CSC HOME file.
    I will stay on Android 11 and it is possible to keep root when you turn off the phone instead of use restart! After turning on the phone by power button root is still there.