Tutorial : Root Galaxy S10 Series Android 12 One UI 4.1 Stock Firmware

Search This thread

meric57

Oct 2, 2017
Samsung Galaxy Tab E
I try to do it backwards I flash with odin TRWP 3.6.2 reboot ok, install magisk25.1 I modify AP with magisk 25.1 I will then flash AP patched magisk with odin. Either just AP or the 4 files with home CSC so as not to lose data as TRWP is installed, I fear that it will not work I would be fine.
boot .img in AP patch these magisk no if I modify trwp 3.6.2 with magisk that I modify boot.img that I insert in the AP that I flache with the 3 other files with home CSC maybe it works.

Frankly I'm not far from the solution patched AP with magisk remove recovery and replace it with the trwp patch, renamed recovery reboot ok magisk present when I activate zygisk reboot in magisk zygisk non magisk no I wonder if it is necessary to reboot in mode recovery TRWP and do something in wipe cache /dalvick

Last edited:
Reactions: is.Mehrdad

is.Mehrdad

Sep 4, 2020
Deutschland
ProgHub.Live
I try to do it backwards I flash with odin TRWP 3.6.2 reboot ok, install magisk25.1 I modify AP with magisk 25.1 I will then flash AP patched magisk with odin. Either just AP or the 4 files with home CSC so as not to lose data as TRWP is installed, I fear that it will not work I would be fine.
boot .img in AP patch these magisk no if I modify trwp 3.6.2 with magisk that I modify boot.img that I insert in the AP that I flache with the 3 other files with home CSC maybe it works.

Frankly I'm not far from the solution patched AP with magisk remove recovery and replace it with the trwp patch, renamed recovery reboot ok magisk present when I activate zygisk reboot in magisk zygisk non magisk no I wonder if it is necessary to reboot in mode recovery TRWP and do something in wipe cache /dalvick
Yes you right. For update magisk without lose data, we should patch boot.img.
But my post was to update firmware without lose data.
We should make one tutorial for update magisk without lose data. :)

Same here:

Reactions: tombbb

meric57

Oct 2, 2017
Samsung Galaxy Tab E
I have TRWP I did a wipe data I did several times in the order of the tutorials magisk.25.1 multislaider3.1-logo trwp and kernel hVE1, boot without security message boot like the first day. magisk present I come across magisk 23.4 updated magisk app to 25.1 I will see tomorrow for the rest.

meric57

Oct 2, 2017
Samsung Galaxy Tab E
Hello Is.mehrdad, well I think these good just magisk or I'm afraid to update. magisk app has days 25.1 above magisk 23.4 and zygisk yes ramdisk no in front of magisk I updated in blue, when I go to the update channel parameter I am on personalized or I update directly to see.
I made a backup in TRWP so at worst I restore then, if not I put myself on stable and I update.
What do you think you would do

I tried directly updated then after the installation, it restarts on the logo in a loop.
so I started restoring the backup, I don't see why it does this so see removing magisk is the direct flash in trwp or moved to stable

Last edited:

DaCranksta

Nov 27, 2015
Is there a way to update only magisk, without flashing everthing with odin?
I tried it over the app, bootloop.
I tried it over TWRP, bootloop.

Maybe i did something wrong.

rayulove69

Sep 26, 2011
Dhaka
does this method require an unlocked bootloader? G970U1 user here, just bought the phone today, and each thread says bootloader cannot be unlocked or is asking for money, does this work with a locked factory bootloader state?

Reactions: 99913308

elJaberJaber

Jun 25, 2022
Samsung Galaxy S10e
Can't update magisk to 25.1, probably because kernel is pre-rooted with v24.3 (24300), but when I update and reboot the second time it downgrades to v24.3 again. Is there a way to update properly?

charlis88

Oct 20, 2020
1. Extract your downloaded Rom and patch AP file with magisk (Recovery Mod)
2. Go to download mode.
3. Uncheck auto reboot in Odin.
4. Flash your patched AP file with BL CP CSC.
5. When flash passed, again we should go to download mode.
6. Hold volume down and power key, and after vibration release power key and hold Bixby key and volume down for going to download mod again.
7. Reset Odin and again uncheck auto reboot, put twrp recovery,
To AP and flash, it.
8. When passed, we need again reset and go to twrp recovery, volume down power key, after vibration release volume down and hold volume up and bixby key with power key after splash release power key and hold your volume up and bixby for 1 second then release.
9. We should be in twrp recovery mod, format data, rename magisk.apk to magisk.zip, copy magisk.zip, kernel, multi disabler and twrp boot logo to the sd card.
10. Mount your sd card and install first magsik.zip, then multi disabler, twrp boot logo and finally kernel.zip
11. Restart to system.
12. After booting to android 12 open the magisk app and let download the latest version.
13. When download finished open magisk, you will see one massage for install complete magisk after reboot in 5 seconds, cancel it and go to setting and active Zygisk and Magisk Hide, rename it.
14. When magisk hide process finished. Open again magisk, you will see the reboot massage again.
15. Tap ok and wait for rebooting.

Fix Internal Storage Size:
First Format Data.

If doesn't work :

1. Boot into TWRP recovery.

2. Select Wipe » Advanced Wipe.

3. Tick/check the Data partition.

4. Select Repair or Change File System button.

5. And lastly, select Resize File System button. (Let TWRP resize your file system. It might take some time, have patience)

After reboot, your galaxy is rooted without any problem. And you can install modules zips. And enjoy your root same stock Rom without any opened bootloader warnning massage first of booting android. And without press power key after that.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATED (G970FXXUFHVE1) Android 12 - One UI 4.1 - May 2022

For update your android without losing data, follow these steps:

1. Download: Kernels - Multidisabler Samsung 3.1 - TWRP Bootlogo Patch - Magisk 24.3 - Odin 3.14.1-3B Patched.
2. In Odin uncheck Auto reboot, flash (BL - Patched AP File with Magisk - CP - Home CSC).
3. Reboot manual to download mode again, Flash TWRP Recovery in AP slot.
4. Reboot to TWRP recovery, flash Magisk.zip, Kernel and Multidisabler then TWRP Bootlogo.
5. Reboot to system and finished. :)

Download the latest Firmware for your galaxy here: https://samfirms.com

Download the latest TWRP recovery for your galaxy here: https://twrp.me/Devices/Samsung/

Special Thanks to Ambasadii Dev. For Kernels. Magisk Dev. TeamWin For TWRP Recovery And Odin3 Patched.

SORRY , I AM STILL NOOB .
JUST BE QUESTION . ONLY AP PATCH MAGISK OR ALSO RECOVERY MOD INCLUDE NEED BE PATCH MAGISK...THANKS FOR YOU REPLY....

Hey there.
I've been at this for some 10 hours now and literally got nowhere..
I managed once to flash the patched AP but then Magisk did not work properly, so I started over again.
Ever since I can't manage to flash it... Everytime I start Odin gets stuck somewhere else (mostly at USERDATA but also happened at modem.bin).
Can't figure out what I'm doing wrong, since the instructions are pretty clear.

The stock ROM can be flashed without any problems, so Odin, USB port, cable and so on seem to work.

Anybody have an idea why Odin keeps freezing while installing?

Tried the following:
- different Magisk Manager
- different ports
- reinstall drivers
- redownload the stock ROM

meric57

Oct 2, 2017
Samsung Galaxy Tab E
Hello Cilvaring, the easiest way to root with magisk 25.1 on android 12 UI4.1 and removed security message on startup.
Used A12 official firmware install magisk 25.1 modified AP with magisk after transfer it to S 10 ,then you have in internal memory magisk file _patched xxxx.tar .The transferred to pc with ADB like this adb pull /sdcard/Download/magisk_patched- 25100_4JDcK.tar, then put S10 in download mode flashed AP patched -BL-CP-HOMcsc with odin leave auto start checked start.
Installed magisk and zygisk restart for rooting, then install Safetynet 3.2.1 -shamikho-prophidemagisk modules, then start in download mode and open odin flashed in AP this up_param.tar for rooted device and that one for non-rooted device up_param. tar start nothing more no security message just samsung and android logo.
here if necessary ask

Reactions: tombbb
Hi meric
Thanks for the reply.
The problem is the odin won't install the patched .tar file with the BL, CP and CSC/HOMEcsc. It always gets stuck..
However I managed to install the pixel experience ROM somehow and I'm pretty happy with it.
Don't need the phone to be rooted, I just did not (for any money in the world) want to use Samsung's custom ROM.

Thanks again, I'm sure I'll run into another problem once I get another phone ;)

Reactions: meric57

G1__User

Nov 7, 2010
I flashed the firmware G970FXXSFHVF1 patched by Magisk, but flashing TWRP twrp-3.6.2_9-0-beyond0qlte.img.tar allways fails (log below)

Is there anyone here in Germany who will root my S10E and install TWRP?
I pay for it!
Please get in touch via Boardmail
!

<ID:0/010> File analysis..
<ID:0/010> Total Binary size: 70 M
<ID:0/010> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/010> Initialzation..
<ID:0/010> Get PIT for mapping..
<ID:0/010> Firmware update start..
<ID:0/010> NAND Write Start!!
<ID:0/010> SingleDownload.
<ID:0/010> recovery.img
<ID:0/010> RQT_CLOSE !!
<ID:0/010>
<ID:0/010> Complete(Write) operation failed.
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

Zotyoo

Jul 11, 2015
The description is fine, it's understandable, and it works. But it's really not okay that the 128 Giga storage became 16. What the hell can it fit? What happened to the other places? Then it happened!! in the abbreviated description (May update) there is no mention of resizing the partition in TWRP. Fix this! It is included in the original. However, not only the Advanced Wipe, not only the Data field, but also the Internal storage field must be selected, so you can add it. That way, I got 109 GB. So more than 16. There is still about 10 GB for recovery. Damn it. That's good. The rest of the description is very thorough, everything is included. The partition can be resized afterwards without data loss. Enter TWRP in the usual way: press Power button + Bixby button + Volume UP button at the same time for about 1-2 seconds, then release Power and Bixby buttons, keep only VOLUME UP until Recovery enters.

Last edited:

Zotyoo

Jul 11, 2015
Hi,
I have the same problem, did you find a solution?
Bye.
I started with 25.2 right away. Everything. There was nothing wrong with him. Android 12 is a release around May 11, so it's the latest. You just need to install the kernel in TWRP, you don't need to bother with magisk root.

meric57

Oct 2, 2017
Samsung Galaxy Tab E
Hello G1_user, you patched the AP with magisk and transferred with adb from the S10e to the pc as said John Wu. Then TRWP you also patched with magisk. if you really want to install TRWP look at the tutorial page 1, if you want rooted which is a little easier patch the AP and transfer with adb S10e to the pc then flash BL-AP magisk patched-CP-home CSC with odin let it start then install magisk as asking you activate zygisk and install the modules for magisk.
your concern with odin look
https://xdaforums.com/t/odin-error-rqt-close.3213459/

Reactions: is.Mehrdad

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Root Samsung Galaxy S10 Series Android 12, WITHOUT Ramdisk

Root Samsung S10+ - S10 - S10e SM-G97xxx, Stock Rom Android 12 - UI 4.1 Latest Version (I tested G970FXXSGHWC2)

(Without combination keys for active Magisk after normal restart – Without press power key for warning massage booting)

How to root:

1. Extract your downloaded Rom and patch AP file with magisk (Recovery Mod)
    2. Go to download mode.
    3. Uncheck auto reboot in Odin.
    4. Flash your patched AP file with BL CP CSC.
    5. When flash passed, again we should go to download mode.
    6. Hold volume down and power key, and after vibration release power key and hold Bixby key and volume down for going to download mod again.
    7. Reset Odin and again uncheck auto reboot, put twrp recovery,
    To AP and flash, it.
    8. When passed, we need again reset and go to twrp recovery, volume down power key, after vibration release volume down and hold volume up and bixby key with power key after splash release power key and hold your volume up and bixby for 1 second then release.
    9. We should be in twrp recovery mod, format data, rename magisk.apk to magisk.zip, copy magisk.zip, kernel, multi disabler and twrp boot logo to the sd card.
    10. Mount your sd card and install first magsik.zip, then multi disabler, twrp boot logo and finally kernel.zip
    11. Restart to system.
    12. After booting to android 12 open the magisk app and let download the latest version.
    13. When download finished open magisk, you will see one massage for install complete magisk after reboot in 5 seconds, cancel it and go to setting and active Zygisk and Magisk Hide, rename it.
    14. When magisk hide process finished. Open again magisk, you will see the reboot massage again.
    15. Tap ok and wait for rebooting.

Fix Internal Storage Size:
    First Format Data.

If it doesn't work :

5. And lastly, select Resize File System button. (Let TWRP resize your file system. It might take some time, have patience)

After reboot, your galaxy is rooted without any problem. And you can install modules zips. And enjoy your root same stock Rom without any opened bootloader warning massage first of booting android. And without press power key after that.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATED (G970FXXSGHWC2) Android 12 - One UI 4.1 - March 2023

For update your android without losing data, follow these steps:

1. Download: One of Kernels - Multidisabler Samsung 3.5 - TWRP Bootlogo Patch - Magisk - Odin 3.14.1-3B Patched.
    2. In Odin uncheck Auto reboot, flash (BL - Patched AP File with Magisk - CP - Home CSC).
    3. Reboot manual to download mode again, Flash TWRP Recovery in AP slot.
    4. Reboot to TWRP recovery, flash Magisk.zip, Kernel and Multidisabler then TWRP Bootlogo.
    5. Reboot to system and finished. :)

Download the latest Firmware version for your galaxy here: https://samfirms.com

Download the latest TWRP recovery version for your galaxy here: https://twrp.me/Devices/Samsung/

Download the latest Magisk version for your galaxy here: https://github.com/topjohnwu/Magisk/releases

Special Thanks to Ambasadii Dev. And CruelKernel Develop Team For Kernels. Magisk Dev. TeamWin For TWRP Recovery And Odin3 Patched.

Ambasadii Kernel updated to the version 6.5

Thread 'Tutorial : Root Galaxy S10 Series Android 12 One UI 4.1 Stock Firmware' https://xdaforums.com/t/tutorial-ro...android-12-one-ui-4-1-stock-firmware.4394629/

Flash this kernel in TWRP recovery for fix Magisk update problem

Kernel fixed for Magisk v25.2​

Hello everybody, thans for the work.
    I tried your method but it's not working for me.
    All is good until step 7.
    At Step 8, the phone restarts good on TWRP but a script is executing and the phone restarts.
    On this restart, i do like you explain (hold volume up and bixby key with power key after splash release power key and hold your volume up and bixby for 1 second then release) but the phone don't restarts in TWRP and the phone vibrate instead, then the phone is freeze on SAMSUNG logo

EDIT : A resolved it by flashing the CSC file instead of the CSC HOME file.
    There's no problem with vbmeta that I know of. It's just that, following your instructions, I still only have 32gb of internal storage instead of 128gb.

It would really help if you could update your instructions to include flashing the vbmeta file either via Odin, or using vbmeta.img in TWRP.

Test this, if not working, I will test again all of my files.

After flash your patched AP, Boot to TWRP and mount all of your partitions, then restart again to twrp recovery and then do Wipe Data and again reboot to recovery for flash other files.