[TUTORIAL] Root HTC explorer

Search This thread

IronFistYo

Jan 5, 2013
India
hi i tried again to flash the recovery the command prompt shows flash finished but again the phone struck at htc screen.help

Switch off the phone and remove the battery...
Reinsert the battery and then..
You enter the booltloader by pressing [volume down key + power key]... till the white screen with 3 androids at bottom appears...
then navigate to recovery option by pressing volume down key and press the power button...
You should enter the recovery by now i fyour recovery was flashed successfully...
And YES you can revert to stock rom whenever needed... :D
Regards..

Please press the Thanks button

vasujahagirdar

Jan 1, 2009
raichur,karnataka
Switch off the phone and remove the battery...
Reinsert the battery and then..
You enter the booltloader by pressing [volume down key + power key]... till the white screen with 3 androids at bottom appears...
then navigate to recovery option by pressing volume down key and press the power button...
You should enter the recovery by now i fyour recovery was flashed successfully...
And YES you can revert to stock rom whenever needed... :D
Regards..

Please press the Thanks button

Hi I'm sensation owner & a flashoholic flashing roms on daily basis,hence from boot loader selecting recovery is not difficulty for me,but it stucks at HTC screen.
I even tried flashing by adb root ,putting recovery.img file in adb folder & using command prompt ,still the same result.why?

vasujahagirdar

Jan 1, 2009
raichur,karnataka
Please explain in detail what is the problem and what did you do step by step... so that we can look into the problem...:cowboy:

Yes sir,as in the guide, I did htcdev boot loader unlock,than downloaded the recovery zip to pc extracted to c: drive than connected phone to pc in fast. Boot mode ran recovery bat ,it said sending recovery,than finished ,than press any key to exit.than I removed phone rebooted & than not loader screen than selected recovery pressed power button,phone than turned to HTC screen & stuck there forever.that's it

IronFistYo

Jan 5, 2013
India
Yes sir,as in the guide, I did htcdev boot loader unlock,than downloaded the recovery zip to pc extracted to c: drive than connected phone to pc in fast. Boot mode ran recovery bat ,it said sending recovery,than finished ,than press any key to exit.than I removed phone rebooted & than not loader screen than selected recovery pressed power button,phone than turned to HTC screen & stuck there forever.that's it

So finally you were able to get to the recovery option and had a message that your recovery had flashede succesfuly
This only happens when your downloaded recovery is corrupt or download was incomplete..
SO, try any other recovery TWRP or something ...
And try again..
Thats all what i know as i have never seen such an issue in the forum...

vasujahagirdar

Jan 1, 2009
raichur,karnataka
So finally you were able to get to the recovery option and had a message that your recovery had flashede succesfuly
This only happens when your downloaded recovery is corrupt or download was incomplete..
SO, try any other recovery TWRP or something ...
And try again..
Thats all what i know as i have never seen such an issue in the forum...

Yes,u are right the recovery zip was corrupted it seems ,now after flashing TWRP I could install recovery but after that I tried to flash jaggys Rom the phone again stuck at HTC screen ,though now I can go to recovery/bootloader .what went wrong?

IronFistYo

Jan 5, 2013
India
Yes,u are right the recovery zip was corrupted it seems ,now after flashing TWRP I could install recovery but after that I tried to flash jaggys Rom the phone again stuck at HTC screen ,though now I can go to recovery/bootloader .what went wrong?

Change the TWRP recovery to yannou90 recovery and flash jaggy rom..
It will work..
And make sure the recovery is correctly downloaded...

Sent from my HTC Explorer A310e using xda app-developers app

reena0307

Aug 14, 2009
Htc Explorer - Bootloader Problem..

Note: after rooting dont restore to factory setting if you don´t want to end up in a bootloop, if this or similar happens you have to install a custom rom to fix it.

Sorry Bro, Really i messed up my Explorer and Got struck at Bootloop, and i tried some ways to get rid of it.. and succeeded..
Here is what i have done,

1. Unlocked Bootloader, Rooted, Then Partitioned sd card, Installed some apps, Some how my memory card crashed, And when i inserted new sd card, many apps missed, So i again done a factory reset.
2. Got struck in bootloop,
3. Relocked Bootloader - Used HTC ROM Update Utility,
4. Got Everything OK. But
5. after that I unlocked Bootloader , then recvery.bat - Up to this everything went fine, then restarted for RECOVERY MENU ,
6 But i cant get the recovery menu, again strucked in Bootloop,

Now again i relocked bootloader and working the phone without rooting.. Phone is working good..

The question is
How to install Custom rom without rooting ?
Can we use Odin for flashing HTC ?

I tried to install JaggyRom for HTC explorer, But it also needs rooted mobile.. :(
I want the JaggyRom for HTC explorer for my mobile..

Kindly help me..

Red Devil

Oct 25, 2012
Mumbai
Sorry Bro, Really i messed up my Explorer and Got struck at Bootloop, and i tried some ways to get rid of it.. and succeeded..

1. Unlocked Bootloader, Rooted, Then Partitioned sd card, Installed some apps, Some how my memory card crashed, And when i inserted new sd card, many apps missed, So i again done a factory reset.
5. after that I unlocked Bootloader , then recvery.bat - Up to this everything went fine, then restarted for RECOVERY MENU ,

Now again i relocked bootloader and working the phone without rooting.. Phone is working good..

The question is

I tried to install JaggyRom for HTC explorer, But it also needs rooted mobile.. :(

Kindly help me..
You cannot use odin to flash for HTC Explorer.. You need to unlock bootloader and flash a recovery in the fastboot mode and then enter recovery from the bootloader to flash a custom ROM as mentioned on the first post.. JaggyROM can be found in JaggyJags signature or on the index page of the Development forum .
;)

Deic

Feb 4, 2012
Madrid
www.xiaomiadictos.com

The question is

Kindly help me..

HTC smartphones don't need change baseband and they have "odin" (bootloader xD) integrated in they, Samsung smartphones are SH*T :)...

You follow the tutorial step to step and it works...

Last edited:

rabih.idrees

Dec 30, 2012
Lahore
I clicked on the fix permission option in recovery I think so it is in advance menu.I have now switched on my phone Should I need to WORRY about anything

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I decided to create a clean tutorial (as the method started with several bugs and issues) for those who want to root their HTC explorer.
    will be editing it as new improvements appear.

btw, this will NOT change anything in your phone, it just make root access possible, if you want overclock and ext-2/3/4 partitions posible look here once you finish rooting with this tutorial.

1. Install HTC Sync on your PC

you can download it from: www.htc.com/www/help/htc-explorer/#download
    (needed so computer recognises commands)

2. Unlock your phone's bootloader

- Following the steps in www.htcdev.com/bootloader

Note: HTC Explorer isn´t listed as a working device yet but it has been tested and works perfectly. Choose "all other supported models" when selecting device.

3. Add a recovery

That will allow you to install .zip ROMs. You can access to it in the menu android phones have when booting the phone after removing-inserting the battery and pressing "volume down" and "power" buttons simultaneously. (Other phones have different button combinations).

- Download View attachment 913094
    - extract it in any window on your PC (ie: C:\HTC)
    - run the recovery.bat with phone in fastboot mode (first option in the "3 android menu" ) and connected with usb.

Note: I edited the recovery.bat and removed any unnecessary commands so no errors occur

Done! You got the recovery installed if no errors, you can now install any compatible .zip ROM or app.

4. ROOT the device

- Place this View attachment Superuser.zip file somewhere in the microSD first.
    - Go into Recovery mode ("volume down" + "power")
    - install Superuser.zip with the option "install .zip from sd" from the recovery menu.

Note: after rooting dont restore to factory setting if you don´t want to end up in a bootloop, if this or similar happens you have to install a custom rom to fix it.
    ROOTED !!
    once rooted my advice is to install "link2sd". Excellent application after making a fat32 partition of your SD with programs like MiniTool partition wizard

It moves all applications directly to the SD when configuring it in automatic mode. (the entire application, not like the inbuilt phone option). See post # 9 for instructions.

enjoy :)

---------- Post added at 05:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:30 PM ----------
    I am not able to get this link2 sd thing work on my official Asian rom

jaggyjags, can u guide me on this one??

Sure! same procedure for both asian and stock rom (and any other y suppose).

using minitool wizard

make two primary fat32 partitions (not logical) of your micro sd. plug to computer using a sd card or usb adapter (dont plug phone by usb). the main partition at the left which will be the one detected by windows and then the second one (the rest of the available space).

And thats it, select the type of partition when opening link2sd and you will need to reboot to start moving apps (the app will ask to reboot).
    note that if at anytime you clean rom partition (option in recovery) you will need to format the second partition again as this option makes it a ext-3 format and it is not supported.

Once in automatic, apps will install directly to the partition but if you link them manually you need to reboot to see the changes (at least me :) )
    Thank you very much jaggy jags.

I did a test with superuser, and changing the files you said to "root explorer", but still giving error WIFI.

Definitely use the "plan B" and flashing the ROM China. Now they will wait out a new "European ROM" cooked.

Find the link in this forum for the European RUU, only I have not got the tools and skills to cook.

Sorry for my bad English, I use "go Translator"

Sorry about that. I should have mentioned the files permissions have to be the same. I haven't checked this by myself I cannot confirm. I edited main post to say this.
    @Jaggy. for link2sd, which ext r u using for sdcard partition , 1 2 3 ??????

Fat32 partition :)
    No other format is supported by our rom.
    I will be reuploading the recovery in a while with the .bat edited and clarifying the fat32 format.
    So are you sure the recovery will be flashed just as good without the boot.img ?
    Reason for WIFI error after rooting

Just jumping in for letting u guyz know the reason reason for why u get wifi error

The zip "A310e_recovery...." has a boot.img in it, which is basically a kernel and if for any android device you flash a kernel you need dhk.ko or similar file (which should be in system/lib/modules) as mention alot earlier by jaggy. (this dhk.ko is a file which acompanies kernel/boot.img to run the data connection and wifi and other stuffs)

So basically to avoid all these, simple step is:
    You can open recovery.bat present in the zip with a text editor (i suggest Notepad ++, default windows notepad will mess up the files) and delete the line "fastboot flash boot boot.img". now save and exit.

So, Dont flash the boot.img as it is not giving u guys any benefit. just flash recovery.img

@Jaggy. for link2sd, which ext r u using for sdcard partition , 1 2 3 ??????