[TUTORIAL] ROOT LG Optimus L9 - EASY! (P760,P765,P768,P769)

Search This thread

Faiyaz5yaz

Jan 18, 2014
chennai
Plz Help me?!!!

@aristide1997 thanks for this guide..
i already tried this on galaxy mini nd moto xt 389.. it worked lik a charm..
Now i need a serious help.. @Lelus nd @aristide1997
my friend wants to root nd upgrade his lg l9 p765..
1. Am sure this tutorial will work for ROOTING
2. Can I use this guide http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2095825
to install cwm.. because the device is bootloader locked running on ics
3. i want to use cwm backup of jb to upgrade .
... plz reply..
edit: i don't want to unlock boot loader since there is no noob friendly tool to do it

Last edited:

tatsuyin

Aug 25, 2013
Do i have to have the usb drivers installed like mtp, ptp, lg software and what mode should the phone be in? i soft bricked my phone a few days ago and finally got it factory reset loosing my root but ever since then the usb has been having problems connecting to my computer. it won't install the mtp, ptp drivers via usb. do i just have to be on the main homescreen or wat usb setting? thanks!

aristide1997

Aug 2, 2013
Do i have to have the usb drivers installed like mtp, ptp, lg software and what mode should the phone be in? i soft bricked my phone a few days ago and finally got it factory reset loosing my root but ever since then the usb has been having problems connecting to my computer. it won't install the mtp, ptp drivers via usb. do i just have to be on the main homescreen or wat usb setting? thanks!

nope you don't, just follow the guide and go! just have the phone on the lock screen!

aristide1997

Aug 2, 2013
@aristide1997 thanks for this guide..
i already tried this on galaxy mini nd moto xt 389.. it worked lik a charm..
Now i need a serious help.. @Lelus nd @aristide1997
my friend wants to root nd upgrade his lg l9 p765..
1. Am sure this tutorial will work for ROOTING
2. Can I use this guide http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2095825
to install cwm.. because the device is bootloader locked running on ics
3. i want to use cwm backup of jb to upgrade .
... plz reply..
edit: i don't want to unlock boot loader since there is no noob friendly tool to do it

Please PM lelus for this... he knows much better... check in the requirements of the rom you are looking for if the bootloader is 100% required unlocked

Amobil

Jun 24, 2013
phone L9 LG MS769 v10e

My phone is L9 optimus LG MS769 v10e and it is detected as LG P765 optimus L9. is it ok to root it or will it get screwed up?

superr22mann

Mar 12, 2014

if i do this will i be able to move apps to sd card? having so little internal gb sucks, i just bought a 32gb micro sd and would like to know if i can do that before i root my phone

AVG detected a trojan horse

It's just a False-Positive... It's very common for rooting tools and kits to trigger your antivirus that there is a Trojan or malicious malware due to modified files and .dll's You might have to temporarily disable your antivirus to download and to run the rooting tool or use something like opera mobile to download the file.

superr22mann

Mar 12, 2014
It's just a False-Positive... It's very common for rooting tools and kits to trigger your antivirus that there is a Trojan or malicious malware due to modified files and .dll's You might have to temporarily disable your antivirus to download and to run the rooting tool or use something like opera mobile to download the file.

ok so i just follow the steps in the first post (the only part that confuses me is update binaries, i might need help on that if its not straight foward when i get there), what do i do after that to be able to move apps over to my sd card?

thedumbwizkid

Mar 22, 2014
boston
question

complete noob here.Can i still root my phone with out any back up? what can i do after i root it?can i delete any pre-stalled app i have no use for?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello guys, since all of the tutorials I have seen on here are all complicated I decided to post the easiest method around. You don't even need to use any command prompt for this. The only problem is that this is chinese language, so you have to click the exact buttons.

1. Download this file: Link <--- HELP ME! OR http://goo.gl/U6Jwaf <--- Non ref
    2. Install the software, using the installation buttons as you would on any other windows installation.
    3. When you have installed it, you will see a green button, press it. Then connect your phone (JellyBean update would be best, i havent tried with ICS)
    4. When the phone is connected the software will recognise the phone and the green button will show "ROOT", click on it.
    5. The phone is going to be rooted in some seconds and the process is finished when it will show a tick on the software.
    6. The phone will reboot.
    7. When it is rebooted, go to google play and download super su.
    8. Open super su and it will ask you to update the binaries, and you must click on update, and then normal.
    9. A window in chinese will pop up on the phone, this is the screen that allows you to give root permissions to any app. You must click the button on the right.
    10. You are done! Root process is complete!
    11. This is the most important step. Leave a thanks! If you liked the tutorial, please show it to me!

Post below if you have questions or don't understand.
    Hey guys they came out with an English version http://www.mgyun.com/en/GetVRoot
    Hi guys. I tried this method, it worked on my p778g with ICS (it was recognized as a p769), the only bad thing is the language, it's in chinese, but worked.

To get the language changed install SuperSU then use the Switch superuser app to uninstall it reboot reinstall and you wont be able to uninstall the chinese program except you WILL have SuperSU managing your root access
    I suggest this thread.

Hello guys, since all of the tutorials I have seen on here are all complicated I decided to post the easiest method around. You don't even need to use any command prompt for this. The only problem is that this is chinese language, so you have to click the exact buttons.

1. Download this file: w ww.mgyun. com/vroot
    2. Install the software, using the installation buttons as you would on any other windows installation.
    3. When you have installed it, you will see a green button, press it. Then connect your phone (JellyBean update would be best, i havent tried with ICS)
    4. When the phone is connected the software will recognise the phone and the green button will show "ROOT", click on it.
    5. The phone is going to be rooted in some seconds and the process is finished when it will show a tick on the software.
    6. The phone will reboot.
    7. When it is rebooted, go to google play and download super su.
    8. Open super su and it will ask you to update the binaries, and you must click on update, and then normal.
    9. A window in chinese will pop up on the phone, this is the screen that allows you to give root permissions to any app. You must click the button on the right.
    10. You are done! Root process is complete!
    11. This is the most important step. Leave a thanks! If you liked the tutorial, please show it to me!

Thanks a lot, worked without any issues on my Lg Optimus l9 P765
    Confirmed. perfect on LG L9 D700