[Tutorial]Root Oppo F1s with FlashTool for 6.0 (SafetyNet Passed/no red status bar)

Search This thread

asadc

May 8, 2018
Custom recovery

Is it necessary for me to revert back to stock recovery. I recently unrooted and still have custom recovery. Can I root without reverting to stock. Thanks

Is it necessary for me to revert back to stock recovery. I recently unrooted and still have custom recovery. Can I root without reverting to stock. Thanks
If you want to pass safetynet, yes, it's necessary.
Otherwise it depends on the custom recovery you have. If you use custom recovery , you can't pass safetynet and if your custom recovery is not modified CTR recovery, you might have chance not able to install stock firmware

Reactions: asadc

brkn.meed

May 18, 2018
Please Help !

Hello,
I've an OPPO F1s, 3Go version, and I'm facing some serious problems..
Well, let's start with the soft keys problems..
At first, the home bouton stopped working
Then, The fingerprint were sometime wokring, and sometimes not.. It started like this, till it's became completely inactive.
These days, the soft keys (return, and apps boutton) are working fine, then suddenly they stop !
They work again after a restart or after just setting the app of (Soft keys), even though the app is closed, they keep working, which means that the problem is a software problem, not a hardware one !
Yesterday, I tried to install the Android 6.0, It went fine at the begining (expect that the notifications on status bar wern,'t showing)
then, the same problem appeared. NO SOFT KEYS WORKING, but they do after a restart !
Now, I wanna try to at least root, and keep an application installed to keep them working, I couldn't follow this topic, I don't know how to follow these steps ... Any help please?

glenr29

Mar 30, 2016
if i have already stock rom latest can i just install ctr recovery? how? or do i need to reinstall it again clicking recovery?
thank you. :D

JakeCindell

Apr 17, 2018
Help!

I have Oppo F1s 3/32, Lollipop A24, Rooted(Magisk), Twrp Installed, I want to update to A34, How can I do that? I will flash the A34 Rom or Update it on Files?, I'm scared to flash or update because I don't know what will happen, I don't want to get bootloop.. If it succeed, Will my internal storage and apps got deleted? Thanksss.. I ask on other websites but nothing replied, I hope you can answer my question.

sectya

Nov 25, 2018
my download tool step is taking 500+ seconds at the time I'm typing this. It's stuck at WR. What to do????

---------- Post added at 04:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 PM ----------

help now it"s stuck on a cycle of reboots
:confused::crying:

MaliciousInt

Jan 26, 2019
Completed this method finally after trying for hours to get the MTK Drivers to be detected I reinstalled Win10 with latest iso (Was due for a drive format anyways) And tried again without drivers.

Win10 detected and downloaded correct drivers, Download tool worked perfectly.

Just a tip if anyone else is having troubles

mrots

Jun 23, 2016
my download tool step is taking 500+ seconds at the time I'm typing this. It's stuck at WR. What to do????

---------- Post added at 04:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:08 PM ----------

help now it"s stuck on a cycle of reboots
:confused::crying:

This is also happening to me... how did you manage to get past the WR at 0%?

Jul 7, 2019
First of all, big thanks to @ngoralph sent me a link at May. It's a post looks like a working guide rooting A1601 with flash tool, however it's written in Vietnamese,none of us understand Vietnamese. I finally have some time to take a deeper look at that guide and figure it out how it works.

2017.11.04 Update
Added a stock recovery image generated with install-recovery.sh and boot.img(Generated from A1601EX_11_OTA_002_all_201704120142_wipe.zip) for those who don't have stock recovery image
Download Stock recovery of 20170412 : https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1X00ZJdxkKyR3g5V3BuTlNYdlU

In short, It seems like the process was done by a tool from phone repair services. The tool itself did try to connect to an oppo server when it's opened. Anyway, lets start :)

Benefits in comparison with other known old root method:
1.No modification to system.img, no red status bar "root detected", no need to replace SystemUI.
2.Pass SafetyNet.

SOMETHING YOU HAVE TO KNOW BEFORE DOING
*NOTE:This method uses meta mode*
1.You need a clean install 6.0 stock rom(factory reset)(6.0 Stock firmware installed by stock recovery not twrp, all the twrp for F1s are buggy).
*why buggy? take a look at /cache/recovery/xxx.log, you'll find out the ported recovery was compiled with different PixelFormat and also many different specifications, that's why the twrp recovery often give you a black screen.
2.Some twrp automatically did some modifications with your system.img to prevent stock recovery being recovered at boot, that might be the reason everyone see the read status bar "root detected"(modification detected). (Edit: Now there're more version of ported TWRP available, so this issue depends on the version of your twrp)
3.The flash tool will only work when you have mtk driver installed properly on your PC.
4.The new added dm-varity in oppo 6.0 rom will cause /data become unreadable with recovery, thus a format of /data is required (systemless root needs /data readable with recovery because they put su.img in /data).
5.Until now, I think this CTR recovery is the most stable recovery for oppo F1s

Preparations : Installation & Downloads before rooting process
1.Install mtk driver:
If you haven't have mtk drivers installed, you can follow this tutorial to install it on your PC
https://tehnotone.com/windows-10-mtk-vcom-usb-drivers-for-32-64-bit-drivers-installation-tutorial/(this driver also works on win7)

To install the driver under Windows 10, the only method is entering trouble shoot menu to temporary disable Driver Signature Enforcement and install it.(after next reboot, the driver will not work again. You will need to do the same trouble shoot menu procedure again if you want to use it again)
If you want the driver works permantly , enabling test mode will does the trick. To enable test mode, open cmd.exe with administrator privilege,type following command
Code:
bcdedit /set testsigning on

Other problems cause the flash tool not working!! If you're sure you installed mtk driver correctly.....
If you have Core Quarantine enabled in Windows Defender,the flash tool will not be able to download firmware to your phone.(Tried to fix driver problem but all no luck until i found this.......I spent almost a day to figure out this)
To disable Core Quarantine, go to ( Windows Defender Security Center> Device Security> Core Quarantine)

2.Download DownloadTool_1612.8.exe here
3.Download a Flashtool flashable stock rom here(Any build number version is okay, but need to match your phone's hardware specifications. 3GB ram = mt6750, 4GB ram= mt6755. Even you just want to flash a single partition, the FlashTool still need you to load a full firmware,so you have to download it.)
4.Download newest 6.0 stock firmware zip( You can use your own or here is a 20170412 6.0 build)
5.Download newest Magisk flashable zip here
6.Download a little modified CTR here with "ro.product.device=A1601" which can open all the stock firmware package. (modified from this CTR recovery (original CTR credits @BouyaPK) )

LASTEST EDIT : The modified CTR recovery seems has no problem to handle official OTA package correctly after being tested(unlike some old twrp builds have issues), if you found any problem with this CTR recovery for installing any official OTA Package, please report...
Good! Now you are ready to root your device !
Here's the steps:
old steps was abandoned due to lastest edit: no need to revert to stock recovery
1. Copy magisk, 6.0 stock firmware zip to your external sd card( internal storage may had been encrypted sometimes)
2.Flash CTR Recovery to your phone with DownloadTool...Video Demonstration for this step:
https://youtu.be/DPRzWiAaaCY
Open DownloadTool_1612.8.exe, choose "Developement Mode", enter password "oppodeve", then uncheck all partitions, leave only recovery checked, then select CTR recovery image as target. ==>Press start ==>Hold phone's volume up(when your phone is off) and connect it to PC with usb cable ==> the PC detected it ==> release volume up button.
3.After flashing CTR recovery, boot into recovery , hold Volume down key+ power key boot into CTR recovery
4.Do a full wipe with CTR recovery(factory reset in wipe menu)
5.[optional step] If you have android 6.0 on your phone installed before, your /data partition was encrypted when you boot 6.0 rom , you need to wipe /data(you will loose your internal SD data). To wipe /data , in CTR Recovery Click "Mounts/Storage" ==> Click "Format /data" . If you have 5.1 firmware on your phone before you do these steps, just skip this step.
6.Install stock firmware zip ( in CTR recovery main menu ==> Click "Install zip" ==> select the firmware zip and install) (IMPORTANT: you must not reboot phone before you've done step 7(install magisk)!!!!! If you reboot system before installing magisk, your /data will end up being encrypted, You will have to do step 5 wipe data then you can install magisk)
7.Install magisk zip ( in CTR recovery main menu ==> Click "Install zip" ==> select magisk and install)
8.reboot ==> select no when ask fix stock recovery
9. you have root with SafetyNet passed.

ScreenShots:
Proof Of SafetyNet On A1601 Marshmallow Rooted Rom
View attachment 4231757

View attachment 4231758

View attachment 4231759

About the first step, "( internal storage may had been encrypted sometimes)" could the encryption be opened so just use internal storage because I don't have SD card?

ReiMisaki09

Jan 3, 2020
Oppo f1s update

Hi, can you help me update my oppo f1s device to latest version eventhough it is rooted. If it is possible i need some step by step help. Im not really good at this. I just got lucky when i rooted my phone in the first place. If it is impossible. How can i un root it?

Hi, can you help me update my oppo f1s device to latest version eventhough it is rooted. If it is possible i need some step by step help. Im not really good at this. I just got lucky when i rooted my phone in the first place. If it is impossible. How can i un root it?

just download stock firmware and flash it in recovery you will be totally unrooted

it is very very very easy you should be able to do it, if you really need help, send me a pm

Last edited:

MightyMeaty

Jan 14, 2020
I have a A1601EX_11_A.40_190709 of color os. Is it a marshmallow version? if it is not, do I need to dongrade my OS to marshmallow?

BoyMantis18

Jan 30, 2019
Is this normal

I've followed the instruction very well, as a result, my phone oppo fs1 rooted with 3gb and 64gb but as result my magrisk wont open. Hel me guys.

I've followed the instruction very well, as a result, my phone oppo fs1 rooted with 3gb and 64gb but as result my magrisk wont open. Hel me guys.

there's a bug with default launcher that it can not open magisk manager
install a third party launcher(ex. Microsoft launcher), you should have no problem opening magisk manager

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First of all, big thanks to @ngoralph sent me a link at May. It's a post looks like a working guide rooting A1601 with flash tool, however it's written in Vietnamese,none of us understand Vietnamese. I finally have some time to take a deeper look at that guide and figure it out how it works.

2017.11.04 Update
    Added a stock recovery image generated with install-recovery.sh and boot.img(Generated from A1601EX_11_OTA_002_all_201704120142_wipe.zip) for those who don't have stock recovery image
    Download Stock recovery of 20170412 : https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B1X00ZJdxkKyR3g5V3BuTlNYdlU

In short, It seems like the process was done by a tool from phone repair services. The tool itself did try to connect to an oppo server when it's opened. Anyway, lets start :)

Benefits in comparison with other known old root method:
    1.No modification to system.img, no red status bar "root detected", no need to replace SystemUI.
    2.Pass SafetyNet.

SOMETHING YOU HAVE TO KNOW BEFORE DOING
    *NOTE:This method uses meta mode*
    1.You need a clean install 6.0 stock rom(factory reset)(6.0 Stock firmware installed by stock recovery not twrp, all the twrp for F1s are buggy).
    *why buggy? take a look at /cache/recovery/xxx.log, you'll find out the ported recovery was compiled with different PixelFormat and also many different specifications, that's why the twrp recovery often give you a black screen.
    2.Some twrp automatically did some modifications with your system.img to prevent stock recovery being recovered at boot, that might be the reason everyone see the read status bar "root detected"(modification detected). (Edit: Now there're more version of ported TWRP available, so this issue depends on the version of your twrp)
    3.The flash tool will only work when you have mtk driver installed properly on your PC.
    4.The new added dm-varity in oppo 6.0 rom will cause /data become unreadable with recovery, thus a format of /data is required (systemless root needs /data readable with recovery because they put su.img in /data).
    5.Until now, I think this CTR recovery is the most stable recovery for oppo F1s

Preparations : Installation & Downloads before rooting process
    1.Install mtk driver:
    If you haven't have mtk drivers installed, you can follow this tutorial to install it on your PC
    https://tehnotone.com/windows-10-mtk-vcom-usb-drivers-for-32-64-bit-drivers-installation-tutorial/(this driver also works on win7)

To install the driver under Windows 10, the only method is entering trouble shoot menu to temporary disable Driver Signature Enforcement and install it.(after next reboot, the driver will not work again. You will need to do the same trouble shoot menu procedure again if you want to use it again)
    If you want the driver works permantly , enabling test mode will does the trick. To enable test mode, open cmd.exe with administrator privilege,type following command
    Code:
    bcdedit /set testsigning on

Other problems cause the flash tool not working!! If you're sure you installed mtk driver correctly.....
    If you have Core Quarantine enabled in Windows Defender,the flash tool will not be able to download firmware to your phone.(Tried to fix driver problem but all no luck until i found this.......I spent almost a day to figure out this)
    To disable Core Quarantine, go to ( Windows Defender Security Center> Device Security> Core Quarantine)

2.Download DownloadTool_1612.8.exe here
    3.Download a Flashtool flashable stock rom here(Any build number version is okay, but need to match your phone's hardware specifications. 3GB ram = mt6750, 4GB ram= mt6755. Even you just want to flash a single partition, the FlashTool still need you to load a full firmware,so you have to download it.)
    4.Download newest 6.0 stock firmware zip( You can use your own or here is a 20170412 6.0 build)
    5.Download newest Magisk flashable zip here
    6.Download a little modified CTR here with "ro.product.device=A1601" which can open all the stock firmware package. (modified from this CTR recovery (original CTR credits @BouyaPK) )

LASTEST EDIT : The modified CTR recovery seems has no problem to handle official OTA package correctly after being tested(unlike some old twrp builds have issues), if you found any problem with this CTR recovery for installing any official OTA Package, please report...
    Good! Now you are ready to root your device !
    Here's the steps:
    old steps was abandoned due to lastest edit: no need to revert to stock recovery
    1. Copy magisk, 6.0 stock firmware zip to your external sd card( internal storage may had been encrypted sometimes)
    2.Flash CTR Recovery to your phone with DownloadTool...Video Demonstration for this step:
    https://youtu.be/DPRzWiAaaCY
    Open DownloadTool_1612.8.exe, choose "Developement Mode", enter password "oppodeve", then uncheck all partitions, leave only recovery checked, then select CTR recovery image as target. ==>Press start ==>Hold phone's volume up(when your phone is off) and connect it to PC with usb cable ==> the PC detected it ==> release volume up button.
    3.After flashing CTR recovery, boot into recovery , hold Volume down key+ power key boot into CTR recovery
    4.Do a full wipe with CTR recovery(factory reset in wipe menu)
    5.[optional step] If you have android 6.0 on your phone installed before, your /data partition was encrypted when you boot 6.0 rom , you need to wipe /data(you will loose your internal SD data). To wipe /data , in CTR Recovery Click "Mounts/Storage" ==> Click "Format /data" . If you have 5.1 firmware on your phone before you do these steps, just skip this step.
    6.Install stock firmware zip ( in CTR recovery main menu ==> Click "Install zip" ==> select the firmware zip and install) (IMPORTANT: you must not reboot phone before you've done step 7(install magisk)!!!!! If you reboot system before installing magisk, your /data will end up being encrypted, You will have to do step 5 wipe data then you can install magisk)
    7.Install magisk zip ( in CTR recovery main menu ==> Click "Install zip" ==> select magisk and install)
    8.reboot ==> select no when ask fix stock recovery
    9. you have root with SafetyNet passed.

ScreenShots:
    Proof Of SafetyNet On A1601 Marshmallow Rooted Rom
    Screenshot_2017-08-04-02-53-08-28.png

Screenshot_2017-08-04-02-52-52-74.png

Screenshot_2017-08-04-02-53-25-55.png
    EDIT: followed the instruction and sucessfully done it :)
    maybe you should include that the zip file to be downloaded in preparation 3 is only used to flash the recovery and that they can flash any firmware via stock recovery
    Red root detection warning is only in MM..
    It doesn't matter how you root, u will get that red statud bar in MM if u root it as it is implemented in systemUI..

nope, following this method i got root without the annoying status bar i think the red status bar triggers when something is edited in system ie like installing xposed since installing xposed triggers the red status bar even after doing this
    Red root detection warning is only in MM..
    It doesn't matter how you root, u will get that red statud bar in MM if u root it as it is implemented in systemUI..

The old root method might have tampered something in system and it's possible related to TWRP because SafetyNet always show CTS profile mismatch.
    With this method you can get SafetyNet pass, take a look at my screenshot, Safetynet passed ,no red status bar and also it's android marshmallow 6.0 :) Android Pay is only compatible with this root method.

I'm a player of pokemon go that's why I care SafetyNet :p
    Thats good.. If u have flashed like this and have root access then can u try to flash twrp and check whats the results?
    Bcos to flash custom rom of MM this CTR recovery wont work.. As it contains L data with L recovery..

I already tried, and failed with TWRP.

After the upgrade of Android 6.0, all the twrp stopped working on my device, all gave me a black screen, your MM twrp doesn't work on my device either. Even I reflashed twrp, still not working , the only solution for me is CTR.

I tried to figure out the reason twrp stopped working from /cache/recovery/xxx.log and found out all twrp was compiled with the different pixel format,such as RGB, which gave this black screen error. You can take a look at your recovery log.

I flashed twrp with flash tool, it gave me black screen so I couldn't do any operation to my system, but when I reboot, I got root detected status bar. I think the root detected might related to twrp itself.

That's why I chose CTR, correct pixel format and it did ask fixing stuff to prevent stock recovery being recovered(so I can choose no to keep system unmodified)