[Tutorial]Root with recoveryLT15i 4.0.2.A.0.42

jlmcr87

Apr 18, 2011
THANKS TO Bin4ry for the recovery AND the RootXperia.zip
FOR UNLOCKED BOOTLOADERS:
All necesary here:
OLD POST, all necesary here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1330314

Steps:
1. Flash LT15i firmware .ftf via Flashtool. Download here:
Generic Global Firmware 4.0.2.A.0.42 ready to flash with flashtools:

Note: Works with other firmwares too

2. Enter recovery by command: fastboot boot recoveryARC.img
A recovery menu will appear in your phone.
3. Sets scripts assets: ENABLED
4. Flash RootXperia.zip via recovery. You have to copy RootXperia.zip to the SD card previously.
5. Reboot device and it´s done. Now device is rooted.

Last edited:

Tunatje

Sep 5, 2008
yes sirr, this is great, it works. Trying to relock bootloader also anndddd.. IT WORKS!! nice!

Thanks! You just made my day :D

lil_devil

Apr 12, 2011
Mumbai
works perectly....and much better and faster...
Just 1 question...i thought we were supposed to get landscape homscreen too right...
But am not able to get that

Bin4ry

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 14, 2008
Berlin
Normally you should give me credits for the recovery AND the RootXperia.zip ....
Thats not the nice way like you do.

Regards

FOR UNLOCKED BOOTLOADERS:<br />
All necesary here:<br />
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6DIWPC5X<br />
<br />
Steps:<br />
1. Flash LT15i firmware .ftf via Flashtool. Download here: <br />
Generic Global Firmware 4.0.A.2.368 ready to flash with flashtools:<br />
2parts:<br />
Part1: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=F16MN2BZ<br />
Part2: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WFZYAJFB<br />
Note: Works with other firmwares too<br />
<br />
2. Enter recovery by command: fastboot boot recoveryARC.img <br />
A recovery menu will appear in your phone.<br />
3. Sets scripts assets: ENABLED<br />
4. Flash RootXperia.zip via recovery. You have to copy RootXperia.zip to the SD card previously.<br />
5. Reboot device and it´s done. Now device is rooted.

Sent from my LT15i using Tapatalk

lil_devil

Apr 12, 2011
Mumbai
i seem to have run into trouble here...
After rooting my phone is unable to maintain my network...it shows an error message and says no service available...
Tried setting it manually but still comes back to this error after a few minutes...Really strange..has never happened before..Is anyone else having the same problem or is it just me...

Edit: Reflashed and rooted the system again...for some reason it was behaving this way...lets just hope it doesnt come up again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mano1982

Mano1982

May 17, 2010
Oslo
i seem to have run into trouble here...
After rooting my phone is unable to maintain my network...it shows an error message and says no service available...
Tried setting it manually but still comes back to this error after a few minutes...Really strange..has never happened before..Is anyone else having the same problem or is it just me...

Edit: Reflashed and rooted the system again...for some reason it was behaving this way...lets just hope it doesnt come up again.
I have the same problem after flashing new firmaware, although i didn't root it.. I have tried flashing my phone multiple times but same error all the time :( Therefore i am on .145 again

lil_devil

Apr 12, 2011
Mumbai
I have the same problem after flashing new firmaware, although i didn't root it.. I have tried flashing my phone multiple times but same error all the time :( Therefore i am on .145 again
Used to have that problem but i manually set the network and works somewhat fine now...but it does loose network quite easily....

By the way this kernel has had the same problem with the initial CPU frequensy Skewed...the same problem that was reported in DoomLord's Kernel..
Please look into it.. There are certain lags and i think it is due to this

Reactions: Mano1982

jlmcr87

Apr 18, 2011
Used to have that problem but i manually set the network and works somewhat fine now...but it does loose network quite easily....

By the way this kernel has had the same problem with the initial CPU frequensy Skewed...the same problem that was reported in DoomLord's Kernel..
Please look into it.. There are certain lags and i think it is due to this
I can´t detect any lag..........and sorry because I found this tutorial in google, I haven´t done this

Last edited:
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone