[Tutorial] Root Xperia J - JELLY BEAN, LOCKED BOOTLOADER

Search This thread
May 9, 2012
ROOT 11.2.A.0.21 LOCKED/UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER by termobulbulator.

FILES:
- only for ITA Superuser-3.2-RC3-arm-signed.zip
- Jelly Bean ROOT.ftf --> Please, don't mirror it. If you cannot download kindly ask other users to send you a private message with a link, don't post public mirrors.
- Ver. ITA: JB ROOT.zip & MIRROR & MIRROR --> --> Please, don't mirror it. If you cannot download kindly ask other users to send you a private message with a link, don't post public mirrors.
- or VER CE: JB ROOT CE.zip --> You can mirror it

ITA - Italian version
CE - Central Europe version

You must have 7.5 firmware and sdcard class 4 at least.
1. Root 7.5 FW
2. Install CWM
3. Download files.
4. Copy JB ROOT.zip
....a) For ITA: Copy Superuser-3.2-RC3-arm-signed.zip to sdcard
5. Boot CWM
6. Go to mounts and storage
7. Format /system
8. Go to install zip from sdcard
9. Flash JB ROOT.zip
....a) for ITA version: when done, flash Superuser-3.2-RC3-arm-signed.zip
....b) for CE don't flash Superuser-3.2-RC3-arm-signed.zip
10. When finished take out battery for a least 5sec. Don't tourn on device
11. Replace the battery. Don't tourn on device
12. Open flashtool.
13. Drag and drop Jelly Bean ROOT.ftf
14. When the next windows pops up, check wipe data and wipe cache and click OK
15. Hold the VOL - and connect device with USB
16. When finished flashing, reboot device
17. VIOLA you have Jelly Bean and root.
18. If I helped - click THANKS.

Sorry for my bad English.

Do not copy to other forums.

I am not responsible for damage.

Pozdrowienia dla rodaków :)

Last edited:

tipsek

May 7, 2011
Thank you for this tutorial, but I have a problem. When I choose zip from sdcard I get "E:Can't mount /sdcard/" so what to do now?

m4ns0nite

Aug 27, 2008
Well i have a problem . Whatever ftf i try , when i enter cwm and click on install from sd card it tells me "no files found " !

gavster26

Feb 10, 2012
In The Xperia Forums ;)
Well i have a problem . Whatever ftf i try , when i enter cwm and click on install from sd card it tells me "no files found " !

Flashtool file AKA FTF is for flashing with flastool you can only flash signed zips in CWM

---------- Post added at 01:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 AM ----------

Thank you for this tutorial, but I have a problem. When I choose zip from sdcard I get "E:Can't mount /sdcard/" so what to do now?
Try mounting manualy in mounts and storage

Reactions: Alcatraz.nx

tipsek

May 7, 2011
After hours of research I came to a conclusion that CWM is the problem. It is described somewhere in the thread about it. There is a better CWM but requires unlocked bootloader.

So I will ask, has someone managed to follow this tutorial, and has locked bootloader? If yes, could you link to the root/CWM thread or file that you used?

ROS!U

Feb 12, 2013
This is works!!! I have root on my xperia j with locked bootloader!!!(Pozdrowienia z Polski :) i forum android nick kyniu56)

m4ns0nite

Aug 27, 2008
Flashtool file AKA FTF is for flashing with flastool you can only flash signed zips in CWM

You didnt understand. I've flashed .18 then rooted it and after that i've installed cwm . I already have jb root.zib and super user on my memory card . Well, when i restart into cwm and select install from sd card/ choose zip from sd card it show me a mesage that says " no files found " ! And i;ve tried this metod many times even with .28

tipsek

May 7, 2011
I have the exact same problem as poster above! It seems like CWM is not working properly, what exact version (link us) of CWM did everybody who got it working use?

Which version of CWM actually lets you choose install zip from sdcard and not give error?

tipsek

May 7, 2011
I have CWM from that thread aswell, 6.1 for J. I can get into it no problem, but when I select choose zip from sdcard it says no files. I have put both files (superuser and jb root.zip) on:
- internal /sdcard/
- external sdcard

No matter what I do I get no files when choosing install zip from sdcard. Tried this on ST26i_11.0.A.3.28 and ST26i_11.0.A.7.5 makes no difference.

Do you have any idea what is causing this?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ROOT 11.2.A.0.21 LOCKED/UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER by termobulbulator.

FILES:
    - only for ITA Superuser-3.2-RC3-arm-signed.zip
    - Jelly Bean ROOT.ftf --> Please, don't mirror it. If you cannot download kindly ask other users to send you a private message with a link, don't post public mirrors.
    - Ver. ITA: JB ROOT.zip & MIRROR & MIRROR --> --> Please, don't mirror it. If you cannot download kindly ask other users to send you a private message with a link, don't post public mirrors.
    - or VER CE: JB ROOT CE.zip --> You can mirror it

ITA - Italian version
    CE - Central Europe version

You must have 7.5 firmware and sdcard class 4 at least.
    1. Root 7.5 FW
    2. Install CWM
    3. Download files.
    4. Copy JB ROOT.zip
    ....a) For ITA: Copy Superuser-3.2-RC3-arm-signed.zip to sdcard
    5. Boot CWM
    6. Go to mounts and storage
    7. Format /system
    8. Go to install zip from sdcard
    9. Flash JB ROOT.zip
    ....a) for ITA version: when done, flash Superuser-3.2-RC3-arm-signed.zip
    ....b) for CE don't flash Superuser-3.2-RC3-arm-signed.zip
    10. When finished take out battery for a least 5sec. Don't tourn on device
    11. Replace the battery. Don't tourn on device
    12. Open flashtool.
    13. Drag and drop Jelly Bean ROOT.ftf
    14. When the next windows pops up, check wipe data and wipe cache and click OK
    15. Hold the VOL - and connect device with USB
    16. When finished flashing, reboot device
    17. VIOLA you have Jelly Bean and root.
    18. If I helped - click THANKS.

Sorry for my bad English.

Do not copy to other forums.

I am not responsible for damage.

Pozdrowienia dla rodaków :)
    For this, I wanted to ask at the experts, what it means "clean install"? :confused:

Ok, all the steps I did and worked:
    1- I was in 11.0.A.7.8 branded Vodafone;
    2- Flashed 11.0.A.7.5 CE (unbranded) with flastool without wipping data;
    3- Rooted with UnlockRoot;
    4- Update over the air to 11.2.A.0.21;
    5- Reinstalled Superuser from the Play Store.
    hello together, please give me a little help. i stay on stock 7.5 ics, rooted with unloockroot. bootloader not open, no cwm. i only rooted ics because waiting for the update. so what is just the best and working way to my target, that is. unlocked bootloader, a good cwm and the jb update with root.

can everyone please write a short tut with links. for a combination that i am have a happy end. flashing is no problem for me since i flashed to many devices. i only need a order with the right working links. thanks..

i will then give feedback that the way works, as a help for others.
    Root 7.5 FW install CWM from here http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2003069 download the 3 files from first page put rootjb.zip & superuser.zip on root of sdcard. if superuser link not working download here https://dl.dropbox.com/u/90938124/Superuser-3.2-RC3-arm-signed.zip boot into CWM navigate to mounts and storage then to format system (only system nothing else) then go to install zip from sd card flash rootjb.zip when its done flash the superuser zip when thats finished take out the battery for at least 5 seconds DO NOT LET DEVICE BOOT UP. replace the battery then open flashtool drag and drop the ftf from the first page into flashtool window when the next window pops up UNCHECK WIPE DATA then click ok when prompted conect device in flash mode after its finished flashing reboot then VIOLA!! you have rooted jelly bean

---------- Post added at 01:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:22 PM ----------

then im out of ideas. the only other thing is the sdcard is a rubbish unclassed sd you get with the phone is it
    here the reuploads :)

links deleted, but i dont check why, what you mean about profit. my idea was i want to help!!

please give me a little thanks button :)

to dev, you can link this links to your first post if you will.
    Did you make it by yourself? (zrobiłeś to samemu? też pozdrawiam ;) )

Of course. :)

- JB ROOT.zip --> MIRROR & MIRROR