[TUTORIAL] Rooting Xperia 2011 devices with ICS(4.1.B.0.587)

Which device do you want to root?

• Arc S

Votes: 63 4.1%
  • Arc

Votes: 33 2.2%
  • Ray

Votes: 286 18.7%
  • Neo

Votes: 22 1.4%
  • Neo V

Votes: 37 2.4%
  • Mini

Votes: 238 15.5%
  • Pro

Votes: 72 4.7%
  • Live With Walkman

Votes: 300 19.6%
  • Active

Votes: 157 10.3%
  • Mini Pro

Votes: 323 21.1%

• Total voters
Search This thread

ecksdeeay

Aug 18, 2012
Sony Xperia 5 II
Sony Xperia 5 III
@kry666 the images aren't needed, it's very simple to just figure it out by following the info given within Flashtool

---------- Post added at 06:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:54 AM ----------

....though the underlying changes in how it'll work with your device may have changed in the 3 years back they were posted is another tutorial in itself

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Since Sony deleted the rooting guide from it's website that's why I'm making this new guide. If I have done something wrong so moderators, please remind me and i'll delete the guide.

Rooting your mobile may void the warranty and you are doing it at your own risk. Sony(and me) would be in no way responsible for any damage.

How to root 4.0.4(4.1.B.0.587)

Follow all the steps please

Go to settings > Security > Mark "Unknown sources"

attachment.php

Settings > Developer options > Mark USB debugging

qemytyty.jpg

Settings > Xperia > connectivity > USB connection mode > select MSC mode

zezutuza.jpg

You should have Flashtool

quhudyjy.jpg

1 ) Download the respective 4.1.A.0.562 kernel to flash

Arc and Arc S - Kernel

Ray - Kernel

Neo/Neo V - Kernel

LwW, Mini - Kernel

All other users - Kernel or even try the kernels for Arc S and Ray

2) Go to C:/ Drive > flashtool > firmwares > delete everything present and Put the kernel

98778212r.png

3) Run Flashtool click on the flashing icon ( left side below "file" option)

aaaaaxo.png

Select flashmode > ok

30322228.png

Setup should be like this > select OK

kernelsetup.png

Follow the steps connect your mobile and flash.

aaaafk.png

( Make sure you close flashtool before running the rooting toolkit )

Now connect your mobile to PC and Root Your Phone

If you face problem in downloading the toolkit then here it is Rooting Toolkit
    After running the toolkit disconnect the phone from USB, pull out the battery, wait for 10 sec, insert the battery back, hold vol down button and then connect to USB and connect USB to pc.

5) Download the respective kernel for your phone.

Arc S -KERNEL

Arc -KERNEL

Ray -KERNEL

Neo -KERNEL

Neo V -KERNEL

Mini -KERNEL

Pro-KERNEL

Live With Walkman -
    KERNEL

Mini Pro -
    KERNEL

Active -
    KERNEL

aaaed.png

Now flash the kernel ( same procedure as step 2 and 3 above )

Now enjoy you rooted phone :)

FAQs:

Q Do i need to unlock the bootloader prior to rooting ?
    A No

Q My bootloader is unlocked, can i still root my phone ?
    A This method works for both, locked and unlocked bootloader.

Q My bootloader unlocking allowed status is No, can i still root my phone ?
    A Yes

Q Will rooting erase all data on phone memory ?
    A Nopes. But if anything goes wrong, you may need to repair your phone using PC Companion which would erase all data. So better backup important stuff.
    Rooting doesn't voids warranty...
    unlocking bootloader does... :silly:
    And there are already enough guides on the topic... there's no need for a new one... seriously...:)
    "Rooting may void warranty" is written in sony's site so I mentioned it here too...:)
    Actually i didn't find any guide on this topic except mihahn's who provided the link which was deleted and dragonclawsaresharp's guide is for 4.1.b.0.431 and someguyfromhell's guide is of full downgrade but nowhere of 4.1.b.0.587 with kernel trick.....if u find one in this forum please send me and i'll delete this guide.:)
    Regards,
    AJ
    The same trick works on all 2011 Xperia phones.
    But it would be nice if they would get all the kernels, links, screenshots in one guide or else it might be difficult for newbies to get kernels for their phones.....
    Re: [GUIDE] Rooting Xperia 2011 devices with ICS(4.1.B.0.587)

Since Sony deleted the rooting guide from it's website that's why I'm making this new guide. If I have done something wrong so moderators, please remind me and i'll delete the guide.

Rooting your mobile may void the warranty and you are doing it at your own risk. Sony(and me) would be in no way responsible for any damage.

Rooting doesn't voids warranty...
    unlocking bootloader does... :silly:

And there are already enough guides on the topic... there's no need for a new one... seriously...:)
    Done Rooting....

I just would like to say thanks for sharing such good guide its really helpful.
    the one thing i would like to share in here that i had gotten on this experience is that, after run the rooting tool and when it will say done, remove the usb cable and takeout the battery and put it back and then do flash the original kernel, other than that it wont work.