• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

[Tutorial] [Stock Android boot animation for custom ROMs]

Search This thread

zohaibahd

May 25, 2016
OK guys so I discovered this cool thing by mistake and I thought I should share it! When the ROM boots without any bootanimation.zip file present you won't just get a blank screen, rather you will get a cool 'android' logo (animated text on black background) that glows and fades and glows and fades.

Tutorial:
1. Go to system/media directory
2. DELETE bootanimation.zip
3. Reboot to your awesome new boot animation!

I have tested this on many custom ROMs and this procedure WON'T bootloop your device or anything. It is guaranteed to be 100% safe.

Please comment/thank if it works for you.

Last edited by a moderator:

r.Ry4N.05

Sep 25, 2017
OK guys so I discovered this cool thing by mistake and I thought I should share it!
I have tested this on many custom ROMs and this procedure WON'T bootloop your device or anything. It is guaranteed to be 100% safe.
! When the ROM boots without any bootanimation.zip file present you won't just get a blank screen, rather you will get a cool 'android' logo (animated text on black background) that glows and fades and glows and fades.

Tutorial:

That stock Android bootanimation has been there for ages. Saw it on my old Jelly Bean device from 2014.

Sent from my Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 using XDA Labs

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    OK guys so I discovered this cool thing by mistake and I thought I should share it! When the ROM boots without any bootanimation.zip file present you won't just get a blank screen, rather you will get a cool 'android' logo (animated text on black background) that glows and fades and glows and fades.

Tutorial: