[TUTORIAL] Transfer F180L (20s) to E975 (EUR10h/other) - working signal

Search This thread

Happy_Alien

Apr 12, 2011
Hi,
I was working on "reincarnation" of F180L (20s) to E975 (actually EUR10h) for the last few days and I didn't find one 100% usable topic.

I had either Korean symbols/language and working signal or my language (CZE, ENG) and no signal - so I decided to have "Czech language with working signal". :)

I got the phone to working state yesterday, after reading about tens of topics and downloading about 7 GB of ROMs/basebands etc. and about 3 days of trying, combining, flashing, drinking a lot ... water only :D etc.

I put many topics into this one and I will hope it will helps to someone else. :p

Phone infomation (original):
F180L with 20s FW

HowTo "reincarnate":
1) Get KDZ file you would like to use - Stock Firmwares:
Link: LG Optimus G [E975] Roms/Kernels/Mods & Tools/Root (Daily Update) or Google ;)

2) Get this package:
Link: F180LtoE975 (FlashTool and Root APK)

I RECOMMEND TO INSTALL THESE FILES/DOING FLASH ON THE COMPUTER WITH WIN XP OR IN WIN XP MODE (UNDER WIN7/8) (I had still PROGRAM NOT RESPONDING in WIN7 64bit - even in compatibility mode)

3) Install all files (3) from "F180LtoE975/KDZ_SW/KDZ Flasher.zip" archive - B2CApp, LGUnitedMobileDriver and MSXML and extract dir "FlashTool.1.0.54"

4) Switch off the phone - connect to USB

5) Turn the mobile on in DOWNLOAD MODE - phone is off and connected to USB - you see battery icon - now HOLD BOTH VOLUME BUTTONS (+/-) and POWER BUTTON (it takes about 3 seconds, then release - I tried to time it well many times, so be patient ;))

6) Look in the DEVICE MANAGER (in XPMode you have to connect the phone through upper bar first) and there should be "LG something" in MODEMS (if you don't see it then there is probably problem with drivers/connection - try to check points 1-5 again)

7) Now you have:
- downloaded your KDZ
- installed drivers and extracted folder "FlashTool"
- connected phone and DOWNLOAD MODE on it's screen
- "LG something" in DEVICE MANAGER-MODEMS

8) WIN7: in "FlashTool" folder set Compatibility Mode for both EXE files to WinXP SP3 first:
WinXP/WinXP Mode: just run as writen below :):
- now run "WindowsEnabler" and click on icon in tray - you have to see ON icon in tray
- next run "UpTestEX" and set flash to (check image "01" for sure):
!DON'T BE RECKLESS AND CHECK YOUR SETTINGS BEFORE CLICKING ANY BUTTON!
----- TYPE: 3GQCT
----- PHONE MODE: CS_EMERGENCY
----- SELECT KDZ FILE: <CHOOSE YOUR KDZ>
----- NORMAL WEB UPGRADE TEST
----- UPGRADE START
- CHOOSE: DIFFERENT COUNTRY and language <WHICH ONE YOU WANT>

9) Wait and pray :):
- phone should restart itself near the end (about 95%) - !IF YOU ARE FLASHING THE PHONE IN WINDOWS XP MODE THEN YOU HAVE TO CONNECT PHONE AGAIN THROUGH THE UPPER BAR IN WINXPM!
- you should se something like "FLASH COMPLETE/SUCCESSFULL" and "FINISH" :)
- it took about 25 minutes to me to complete whole process
- I recommend to do a HARD RESET of the phone after flashing
----- HOLD VOLUME DOWN (-) AND HOME KEY - THEN PRESS AND HOLD POWER BUTTON
----- release the buttons when you see LG logo (or try different timing/holding/releasing power button)
----- with POWER BUTTON confirm (twice) the reset

10) After boot your "reincarnated" F180L to E975 comes the part what took me 97% ot time to successfull "reincarnation" :) - get the signal (now you have iPod :laugh:):
- in the phone enable UNKNOWN SOURCES (in SETTINGS-SECURITY) and USB DEBUGGING (in SETTINGS-DEVELOPER OPTIONS)
- connect the phone to USB - choose MTP and wait for the phone to connect (you should see him in "MY COMPUTER" as a device E975)
- from archive "F180LtoE975" (downloaded at point 2) extact folder "ROOT_OK" and copy "FramaRoot-1.6.1.apk" to SDCARD
- through file manager in the phone run that "FRAMAROOT.APK" file and ROOT your phone - only GANDALF works for me fine
- restart the phone and find and there should be added SUPERUSER in apps (if it's not then install some SuperUser app from Google Play (I am using this one)
- for sure you can install RootChecker
- next install CMW/TWRP- FreeGee works very well

11) Now you should have:
- phone with FW you choose (for example E975 EUR10h - check in SETTINGS-ABOUT PHONE)
- ROOT checked and working
- wrong baseband = no signal

12) Download this file:
Link: F180LtoE975_BB

13) Extract folder "BaseBandF180L_OK" (there was no problem in WIN7 with this procedure) and then:
- connect the phone to USB in MTL MODE and copy "BASEBAND.IMG" to SDCARD ROOT
- check "DEVICE MANAGER-ADB INTERFACE-LG "something"" (it should be OK - only if hou have installed drivers in WinXPMode and you are connecting the phone in WIN7 then you have to install those 3 files from point 2 and 3 above)
- so if you see ADB Interface for LG, you copied the IMG file to SDCARD and your phones ROOT is OK then ...
- just run "FLASH_BASEBAND.BAT" and wait for restart
- now you should be asked for PIN (if you use it :)) and you should get a signal

Phone infomation (reincarnated):
E945 with EUR10h/<YOUR CHOICE> FW with F180L baseband + OK SIGNAL + ROOT + CWM/TWRP

Hope it is works ... thanks to all who made topics which I read a which helped me a lot.
Thanks for even a small donation ... if there will be any ... there will be more experiments. :D

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 2,638
Last edited:

atifsh

Sep 24, 2009
Islamabad
Sorry for your trouble and long thread, but it took 10 mins max to do it. Don't know what guides you all are reading all over the internet.

Instead of all this, simplest is
1. Flash kdz 10x less than 1GB
2. wipe the phone
3. Root the phone
4. Use freegee to unlock and get cwm/twrp
5. Flash modem for f180

All this in 10 mins

Sent from my LG-E975 using Tapatalk

Reactions: mark_vyz

mark_vyz

Jan 5, 2013
I'm facing the same problem too. My phone went dead few days ago. Suspected on the battery problem. My wife accidently drop my phone at 1mtr height and suddenly my phone went dead.
At first i suspect softbrick. So i try to flash f180l kdz but failed due to error. After reading in thread i notice dat u cannot flash any kdz more than 1gb. So i downloaded hongkong kdz and succesfully flash my phone. But my phone still cannot switch on.
So wat i do is, i open the case and remove battery and put it back. After dat magically i can open it but no signal. So i root and then freegee and afterwards flash f180l modem.

Finally its working like charm now.:D:D

Sent from my LG-E975 using xda app-developers app

Happy_Alien

Apr 12, 2011
:)

Sorry for your trouble and long thread, but it took 10 mins max to do it. Don't know what guides you all are reading all over the internet.

2. wipe the phone
3. Root the phone
5. Flash modem for f180

All this in 10 mins

Its true as you wrote...

It looks easy and I found these steps too but:
- many KDZ links didnt work
- I wasnt sure to use freegee (and didnt try, cause there is chance of hard brick) - only CWM/TWRP without freegee and that "killed phone"
- I downloaded about 9 basebands/modems for F180 and only one has worked
- thats why I wrote it so detailed - and with own links and in the one topic :)

majamis

Oct 18, 2013
If anyone could please verify edge usability on his/her rom for f180, there seems to be a special kdz / baseband which unlocks international edge on korean(f180) device. I am in dare need of edge since my gprs network signal die out, where as edge signal prevails on my other device using same sim. Or if theres some other way to unlock edge i would be thankful

atifsh

Sep 24, 2009
Islamabad
Its true as you wrote...

It looks easy and I found these steps too but:
- many KDZ links didnt work
- I wasnt sure to use freegee (and didnt try, cause there is chance of hard brick) - only CWM/TWRP without freegee and that "killed phone"
- I downloaded about 9 basebands/modems for F180 and only one has worked
- thats why I wrote it so detailed - and with own links and in the one topic :)

You need to unlock bootloader for recovery.
There is a very good post here about how to extract your modem iv done that to use the latest if you don't want to use Houston's.
You see everything you need already in here, no need to go out and search and get into trouble.

Happy_Alien

Apr 12, 2011
:)

You need to unlock bootloader for recovery.
There is a very good post here about how to extract your modem iv done that to use the latest if you don't want to use Houston's.
You see everything you need already in here, no need to go out and search and get into trouble.

I tried FreeGee now and its OK (works fine) so I will edit the post and add FreeGee too :)

davevinci

Apr 12, 2012
Baguio City
Ur tutorial is too long hehe u should make it brief and comprehensive so newbies would understand well

Anyway, u missed the part to backup efs partition and restore it later as there is possibility to loose imei when flashing modem

Here is a simple guide

1.flash kdz
2.hard reset
3.root
4.unlock using freegee and install recovery
5.back up efs partitions just in case imei is lost after flashing modem
6.flash f180 modem
7.restore efs if needed and reboot...

Enjoy ur device!

---------- Post added at 10:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:19 PM ----------

Ur tutorial is too long hehe u should make it brief and comprehensive so newbies would understand well

Anyway, u missed the part to backup efs partition and restore it later as there is possibility to lose imei when flashing modem

Here is a simple guide

1.flash kdz
2.hard reset
3.root
4.unlock using freegee and install recovery
5.back up efs partitions just in case imei is lost after flashing modem
6.flash f180 modem
7.restore efs if needed and reboot...

Enjoy ur device!

EternalChaos

Aug 25, 2009
Manila
i flashed my f180l to e975 months ago..and bricked it several times..but i always find a way to restore it.
it seemed hardbricking is non existent anymore when flashing roms.

my phone is now an LS970 after flashing the miui rom..which is great.

davevinci

Apr 12, 2012
Baguio City
Just flashing modem doesn't do anything to imei. It's the other partitions that do those things.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Hmmm that was not my case... I lost my imei after flashing my stock modem... and many others also lost their imei after converting to e975.. U can check it out in help forums... Thanks

atifsh

Sep 24, 2009
Islamabad
Hmmm that was not my case... I lost my imei after flashing my stock modem... and many others also lost their imei after converting to e975.. U can check it out in help forums... Thanks

Never happened to me on my several phone's in 4 5 years.
It always the issue when the baseband.img is accompanied by few other files. Or if you flashed the baseband on wrong partition.

shaikan

Oct 20, 2013
Problem flashing Indian KDZ image

Hi has any one been able to download and flash the Indian KDZ file E97510E_00.KDZ
which is provided here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2320817

I have downloaded the file 5-6 times but i am getting error while the Flasher unpacks the file.

I have been able to flash European KDZ on my Phone but not the indian one.

Anyone faced similar problem or has any solution would be very helpful.

yellow-lemon

Jan 21, 2012
Thanks for this detailed guide! I am a n00b to Android and found it perfect. Agree with OP that many links/files in other posts are dead and it's confusing. Good to have it all in one place. Thanks :good:

ilansc

Jan 27, 2013
2 noobies questions

1) if I have cyanogen, is there anything I have to do before installing this stock version?
2) after converting the phone, can I use roms for lg e975 for this phone?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi,
    I was working on "reincarnation" of F180L (20s) to E975 (actually EUR10h) for the last few days and I didn't find one 100% usable topic.

I had either Korean symbols/language and working signal or my language (CZE, ENG) and no signal - so I decided to have "Czech language with working signal". :)

I got the phone to working state yesterday, after reading about tens of topics and downloading about 7 GB of ROMs/basebands etc. and about 3 days of trying, combining, flashing, drinking a lot ... water only :D etc.

I put many topics into this one and I will hope it will helps to someone else. :p

Phone infomation (original):
    F180L with 20s FW

HowTo "reincarnate":
    1) Get KDZ file you would like to use - Stock Firmwares:
    Link: LG Optimus G [E975] Roms/Kernels/Mods & Tools/Root (Daily Update) or Google ;)

2) Get this package:
    Link: F180LtoE975 (FlashTool and Root APK)

I RECOMMEND TO INSTALL THESE FILES/DOING FLASH ON THE COMPUTER WITH WIN XP OR IN WIN XP MODE (UNDER WIN7/8) (I had still PROGRAM NOT RESPONDING in WIN7 64bit - even in compatibility mode)

3) Install all files (3) from "F180LtoE975/KDZ_SW/KDZ Flasher.zip" archive - B2CApp, LGUnitedMobileDriver and MSXML and extract dir "FlashTool.1.0.54"

4) Switch off the phone - connect to USB

5) Turn the mobile on in DOWNLOAD MODE - phone is off and connected to USB - you see battery icon - now HOLD BOTH VOLUME BUTTONS (+/-) and POWER BUTTON (it takes about 3 seconds, then release - I tried to time it well many times, so be patient ;))

6) Look in the DEVICE MANAGER (in XPMode you have to connect the phone through upper bar first) and there should be "LG something" in MODEMS (if you don't see it then there is probably problem with drivers/connection - try to check points 1-5 again)

7) Now you have:
    - downloaded your KDZ
    - installed drivers and extracted folder "FlashTool"
    - connected phone and DOWNLOAD MODE on it's screen
    - "LG something" in DEVICE MANAGER-MODEMS

8) WIN7: in "FlashTool" folder set Compatibility Mode for both EXE files to WinXP SP3 first:
    WinXP/WinXP Mode: just run as writen below :):
    - now run "WindowsEnabler" and click on icon in tray - you have to see ON icon in tray
    - next run "UpTestEX" and set flash to (check image "01" for sure):
    !DON'T BE RECKLESS AND CHECK YOUR SETTINGS BEFORE CLICKING ANY BUTTON!
    ----- TYPE: 3GQCT
    ----- PHONE MODE: CS_EMERGENCY
    ----- SELECT KDZ FILE: <CHOOSE YOUR KDZ>
    ----- NORMAL WEB UPGRADE TEST
    ----- UPGRADE START
    - CHOOSE: DIFFERENT COUNTRY and language <WHICH ONE YOU WANT>

9) Wait and pray :):
    - phone should restart itself near the end (about 95%) - !IF YOU ARE FLASHING THE PHONE IN WINDOWS XP MODE THEN YOU HAVE TO CONNECT PHONE AGAIN THROUGH THE UPPER BAR IN WINXPM!
    - you should se something like "FLASH COMPLETE/SUCCESSFULL" and "FINISH" :)
    - it took about 25 minutes to me to complete whole process
    - I recommend to do a HARD RESET of the phone after flashing
    ----- HOLD VOLUME DOWN (-) AND HOME KEY - THEN PRESS AND HOLD POWER BUTTON
    ----- release the buttons when you see LG logo (or try different timing/holding/releasing power button)
    ----- with POWER BUTTON confirm (twice) the reset

10) After boot your "reincarnated" F180L to E975 comes the part what took me 97% ot time to successfull "reincarnation" :) - get the signal (now you have iPod :laugh:):
    - in the phone enable UNKNOWN SOURCES (in SETTINGS-SECURITY) and USB DEBUGGING (in SETTINGS-DEVELOPER OPTIONS)
    - connect the phone to USB - choose MTP and wait for the phone to connect (you should see him in "MY COMPUTER" as a device E975)
    - from archive "F180LtoE975" (downloaded at point 2) extact folder "ROOT_OK" and copy "FramaRoot-1.6.1.apk" to SDCARD
    - through file manager in the phone run that "FRAMAROOT.APK" file and ROOT your phone - only GANDALF works for me fine
    - restart the phone and find and there should be added SUPERUSER in apps (if it's not then install some SuperUser app from Google Play (I am using this one)
    - for sure you can install RootChecker
    - next install CMW/TWRP- FreeGee works very well

11) Now you should have:
    - phone with FW you choose (for example E975 EUR10h - check in SETTINGS-ABOUT PHONE)
    - ROOT checked and working
    - wrong baseband = no signal

12) Download this file:
    Link: F180LtoE975_BB

13) Extract folder "BaseBandF180L_OK" (there was no problem in WIN7 with this procedure) and then:
    - connect the phone to USB in MTL MODE and copy "BASEBAND.IMG" to SDCARD ROOT
    - check "DEVICE MANAGER-ADB INTERFACE-LG "something"" (it should be OK - only if hou have installed drivers in WinXPMode and you are connecting the phone in WIN7 then you have to install those 3 files from point 2 and 3 above)
    - so if you see ADB Interface for LG, you copied the IMG file to SDCARD and your phones ROOT is OK then ...
    - just run "FLASH_BASEBAND.BAT" and wait for restart
    - now you should be asked for PIN (if you use it :)) and you should get a signal

Phone infomation (reincarnated):
    E945 with EUR10h/<YOUR CHOICE> FW with F180L baseband + OK SIGNAL + ROOT + CWM/TWRP

Hope it is works ... thanks to all who made topics which I read a which helped me a lot.
    Thanks for even a small donation ... if there will be any ... there will be more experiments. :D

2. wipe the phone
    3. Root the phone
    5. Flash modem for f180

All this in 10 mins

please be more specific there are more circumstances involved what isn't working for you?
    For example I have F180S and converted to E97510B but when I've tried flash E97510B flash software threw me error
    couldn't update from unknown reason .. some these speculations with phones and software cannot be explained
    maybe technicians at LG might give you an answer ?

My GPS is not working because of L variant modem flashed, LTE doesnt work, radio to listen music too. LG technicians? I rooted phone, i unlocked bootloader and they will help?

Man... I dont need to come back. I have signal, i just dont know how to flash F180k modem!

and already enjoying E975 ROM hehehe

Sent from my LG Optimus G using xda app-developers app
    downl mine S

fact is....

we both have F180K's (me & @BartxGamer), we also have factory installed F180K20O.kdz.
    then flashed E975 fw.
    flashed F180K modem (no network signal).
    flashed F180L modem (network signal up).
    no need for EFS restoration as my IMEI wasn't lost.

after having success with the above conversion to E975, I asked @BartxGamer if he could also try the same steps & see if we both got the same results. because I also told him that euro open fw & euro common fw is also working with mine as long as F180L modem is flashed. btw, I flashed E97510F fw.

Sent from my LG Optimus G using xda app-developers app