• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

How To Guide TUTORIAL TWRP AND ROOT NORD 2

Search This thread

pankspoo

Jun 27, 2013
in front of ENCHILADA
I've tried a few times now with Denizz TWRP and when taking NANDroid I get no errors. When flashing back NANDroid I get no errors (reported) in TWRP. But after a reboot to system I get a bootloop.

The bad thing... for some reason that bootloop NEEDS a full system recovery and it means I need to drive to an OnePlus servicecenter (or send it in) to have my whole system recovered. Good thing is that this service is free of charge (warrantee) but it takes me 1 hour 45 minutes to drive there, and another 1 hour 45 minutes to drive back home.

I don't trust to take NANDroids anymore, and that sucks, because in the end it is meant to be a security copy when I make stupid mistakes (which I will).
Actually TWRP itself sometimes doesn't restore partation correctly so finest way is to restore import partation like system, Efs, persist, data using fastboot commnads.
But for me TWRP show only data partition restoration error so I untiked that and it worked

lachatol

Dec 4, 2014
Hi, I did root according to the video tutorial and the added procedure, but it didn't work. I got to unlock the bootloader, typed "fastboot flashing unlock", hit Enter - ok. Then he entered "fastboot reboot" - a restart took 5-10 min. Re-enabled the device, enabled USB debugging, connected to the PC, but there was a problem - nothing happened after entering "fastboot devices", see screen. I do not know why. What am I doing wrong please?
Snímek obrazovky 2021-12-05 233907.jpg

Reactions: pankspoo

pankspoo

Jun 27, 2013
in front of ENCHILADA
Hi, I did root according to the video tutorial and the added procedure, but it didn't work. I got to unlock the bootloader, typed "fastboot flashing unlock", hit Enter - ok. Then he entered "fastboot reboot" - a restart took 5-10 min. Re-enabled the device, enabled USB debugging, connected to the PC, but there was a problem - nothing happened after entering "fastboot devices", see screen. I do not know why. What am I doing wrong please?View attachment 5475563
Open powershell window inside platform tools folder inside C drive and then type commnads.
If still not u need to reinstall drivers in my case adb and fastboot working anywhere inside windows but some users facing such issues

lachatol

Dec 4, 2014
I've tried everything but still nothing, I don't know what to do next

adb devices - ok
fastboot devices - does not work
Snímek obrazovky 2021-12-06 230727.png

Last edited:

the.nebular

Nov 9, 2009
This worked great! Only problem I had was unlocking the bootloader and flashing TWRP without booting up caused the stock recovery to overwrite it again for some reason. After repeating the steps after unlocking it worked. Also, if you have the same problem as me with Magisk being unable to bypass the safety net, try this:

I wish I found this before I sunk hours into learning what build prop editing is :p

I tried this but it still won't pass CTSprofile for safetynet. Do I need to use props config as well? I thought the system image was still stock.

lachatol

Dec 4, 2014
When I do root according to the instructions here, in twrp I will install magisk23.zip - reboot- install magisk.apk - I will run Magisk and it will display "Requires Additional Setup. Your device needs additional setup for Magisk to work properly. Do you want to proceed and reboot?"

When I say Ok, the system keeps booting up and no longer booting up - it won't start. Don't know what to do with it? What am I doing wrong?

Top Liked Posts