How To Guide TUTORIAL TWRP AND ROOT NORD 2 OXYGEN OS 11 ( Links updated!)

Search This thread

pankspoo

Account currently disabled
I've tried a few times now with Denizz TWRP and when taking NANDroid I get no errors. When flashing back NANDroid I get no errors (reported) in TWRP. But after a reboot to system I get a bootloop.

The bad thing... for some reason that bootloop NEEDS a full system recovery and it means I need to drive to an OnePlus servicecenter (or send it in) to have my whole system recovered. Good thing is that this service is free of charge (warrantee) but it takes me 1 hour 45 minutes to drive there, and another 1 hour 45 minutes to drive back home.

I don't trust to take NANDroids anymore, and that sucks, because in the end it is meant to be a security copy when I make stupid mistakes (which I will).
Actually TWRP itself sometimes doesn't restore partation correctly so finest way is to restore import partation like system, Efs, persist, data using fastboot commnads.
But for me TWRP show only data partition restoration error so I untiked that and it worked

lachatol

Dec 4, 2014
Hi, I did root according to the video tutorial and the added procedure, but it didn't work. I got to unlock the bootloader, typed "fastboot flashing unlock", hit Enter - ok. Then he entered "fastboot reboot" - a restart took 5-10 min. Re-enabled the device, enabled USB debugging, connected to the PC, but there was a problem - nothing happened after entering "fastboot devices", see screen. I do not know why. What am I doing wrong please?
Snímek obrazovky 2021-12-05 233907.jpg

Reactions: pankspoo

pankspoo

Account currently disabled
Hi, I did root according to the video tutorial and the added procedure, but it didn't work. I got to unlock the bootloader, typed "fastboot flashing unlock", hit Enter - ok. Then he entered "fastboot reboot" - a restart took 5-10 min. Re-enabled the device, enabled USB debugging, connected to the PC, but there was a problem - nothing happened after entering "fastboot devices", see screen. I do not know why. What am I doing wrong please?View attachment 5475563
Open powershell window inside platform tools folder inside C drive and then type commnads.
If still not u need to reinstall drivers in my case adb and fastboot working anywhere inside windows but some users facing such issues

lachatol

Dec 4, 2014
I've tried everything but still nothing, I don't know what to do next

adb devices - ok
fastboot devices - does not work
Snímek obrazovky 2021-12-06 230727.png

Last edited:

the.nebular

Nov 9, 2009
This worked great! Only problem I had was unlocking the bootloader and flashing TWRP without booting up caused the stock recovery to overwrite it again for some reason. After repeating the steps after unlocking it worked. Also, if you have the same problem as me with Magisk being unable to bypass the safety net, try this:

I wish I found this before I sunk hours into learning what build prop editing is :p

I tried this but it still won't pass CTSprofile for safetynet. Do I need to use props config as well? I thought the system image was still stock.

lachatol

Dec 4, 2014
When I do root according to the instructions here, in twrp I will install magisk23.zip - reboot- install magisk.apk - I will run Magisk and it will display "Requires Additional Setup. Your device needs additional setup for Magisk to work properly. Do you want to proceed and reboot?"

When I say Ok, the system keeps booting up and no longer booting up - it won't start. Don't know what to do with it? What am I doing wrong?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    SO finally I successfully rooted with TWRP and root access.thanks to all developers @Eastw1ng @TheMalachite

Following are all download links combined in one post Also there are two threads like unlocking boot loader and twrp but there are some steps are not mentioned which we must need to understand so see the video tutorial at the end of thread.
    If you have issues please post comment I will try to solve at my best

NOTE: REMOVE ALL PASSWORD AND PINS ON PHONE BEFORE FLASHING TWRP
    All data will be erased so keep backup

Download:
    Latest new twrp 3.7 official:

Vbmeta image:

Mediatek USB VCom drivers:

ADB AND FASTBOOT DRIVERS(WHEN FASTBOOT NOT DETECTING ONLY)

magisk v24 zip:

magisk 23 apk:

CMD COMMNADS HIT ENTER:

1)detect adb devices:

adb devices

2)Reboot to bootloader mode:
    adb reboot bootloader

3)To detect FASTBOOT devices:

fastboot devices

4)To OEM unlock:
    fastboot flashing unlock

5)To flash Vbmeta image:
    fastboot --disable-verity --disable-verification flash vbmeta vbmeta.img

6) flash twrp image:
    fastboot flash recovery recoveryname.img

7)Reboot from FASTBOOT mode to recovery:
    fastboot reboot recovery

If you have any issue follow this tutorial correctly
    Patched boot image flashing replace u r stock boot imge and this twrp fashing of magisk also patches the stock boot image.
    Nothing different
    Just a little correction: it is, in fact, different.
    By patching the boot.img, you'll avoid (as expected) flashing the magisk zip, that avoids permanent TWRP and other patches applied to the system directly. It's not only a boot.img matter, it's a general OS matter. Also, reduces the risk of boot failing since recovery stays fully stock at every reboot*. One thing less to care about.

Since it is kown that oplus likes to stop booting whenever root is available (hey there OPLUS_ROOT_CHECK), patched boot.img is the only safest way to root it, as of now. No bootloops, no problems.

* Note: this happens because, if the recovery is different and there isn't any patch for stopping this process, it'll get overwritten at boot with the stock recovery present into /system. Magisk tends to patch this process in order to NOT overwrite it.
    This worked great! Only problem I had was unlocking the bootloader and flashing TWRP without booting up caused the stock recovery to overwrite it again for some reason. After repeating the steps after unlocking it worked. Also, if you have the same problem as me with Magisk being unable to bypass the safety net, try this:

I wish I found this before I sunk hours into learning what build prop editing is :p
    Worked like a charm on a DN2103 OxygenOS v11.3 phone.

Thank you.
    Realy? You dont know what driver you installed?

Always the newest like I saw yesterday. :)