How To Guide [TUTORIAL] ULTIMATE How to flash GSI Trebble AND ROM and root on Xiaomi device on Windows (files needed included)

Search This thread

m0eb1us

Jun 4, 2014
Hi,
I tried following your guide, but when I try flashing the system image, I get the following error:
fastboot_error.png

Any suggestions as to how to proceed from here?
(I also tried it with copying everything under C:/adb, but I get the same error.)
I was able to reflash the stock ROM, but would love to use LiR instead.

The bootloader is unlocked, and USB debugging is enabled, of course.

rayman95

Jan 14, 2009
monaco
Google Nexus 4
Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Hi,
I tried following your guide, but when I try flashing the system image, I get the following error:
View attachment 5561673

(I also tried it with copying everything under C:/adb, but I get the same error.)

all the files must be in adb folder...but don't know why this error....have to post it here or must ask on @phhusson thread
are you starting from stock xiaomi, and not from xiaomi.eu rom or else....you need stock...

Last edited:

rcavalcanti

Oct 13, 2020
Thank you for this guide. Now I have a custom ROM fitting my needs. (GSI CherishOS 3.4)

PS. This "tuto" only works on renoir with stock MIUI 12.

Reactions: Aitra

zyvex_14

Apr 24, 2016
Sainte-Geneviève-Des-Bois
Hi,
View attachment 5561673

I had the same issue in the past, because of my vbmeta file not matching with ROM I had installed before.
Could you confirm that you are on stock MIUI 12?
If not, you have to rollback, as written in the post above, this tuto works only from stock MIUI 12.

Following theses steps, rollback to official MIUI 12 and steps defined of post #1, I succefully installed GSI PE12.

Reactions: rcavalcanti

m0eb1us

Jun 4, 2014
I had the same issue in the past, because of my vbmeta file not matching with ROM I had installed before.
Could you confirm that you are on stock MIUI 12?
If not, you have to rollback, as written in the post above, this tuto works only from stock MIUI 12.

Following theses steps, rollback to official MIUI 12 and steps defined of post #1, I succefully installed GSI PE12.
Thanks, I think the problem was that I wasn't on the stock MIUI to begin with. I will try rolling back, appreciate the quick help!

vincentnet

Apr 1, 2022
Hello folks. After some issues, I am trying to go back to stock to start from the beggining again.

My question for you: could you tell me which ROM version is the stock? I cannot boot to check it anymore (only fastboot at the moment).

Thank you in advance.

Edit: I see "V12.0.2.0.RKIMIXM" is the oldest but not sure if it is the correct one. I tried with V12.5.5.0.RKIMIXM but it does not boot after install (also needed to bypass crc check, maybe this is the issue). My device is M2101K9G.

Last edited:

rcavalcanti

Oct 13, 2020
Hello folks. After some issues, I am trying to go back to stock to start from the beggining again.

My question for you: could you tell me which ROM version is the stock? I cannot boot to check it anymore (only fastboot at the moment).

Thank you in advance.

Edit: I see "V12.0.2.0.RKIMIXM" is the oldest but not sure if it is the correct one. I tried with V12.5.5.0.RKIMIXM but it does not boot after install (also needed to bypass crc check, maybe this is the issue). My device is M2101K9G.
Try this one https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/miui/renoir/stable/V12.5.7.0.RKIEUXM/
I have the same device and works flawless.

Reactions: vincentnet

h.robert

Sep 13, 2010
Hi! I flashed boot.img and vendor_boot.img. I restarted the phone in recovery. I enabled ADB and started it, but my MAC doesn't see the phone.
When I ran ./adb devices I get an empty list.
What's your advice?
Thanks

TheDon13

Oct 9, 2010
I have updated my thread to flash GSI and ROM
I am on EEA 13.06 Xiaomi rom and have tried this but with no success, I just end up at Fastboot D (Orange "FASTBOOT"

Code:

adb sideload rom.zip

for example (you put the ROM zip here you can drag and drop it)
Wait for that to finish it will go to 47% and on the phone it will show step 1/2 then step 2/2
and when it's done it's gonna show an error
adb: failed to read command: No error
Then you can reboot to system

It got thru to exactly that, ie stopped at 47% with the same error message above, but on rebooting I just get back to Fastboot D again and again.....not sure what I am doing wrong. Grateful for your further advice

TheDon13

Oct 9, 2010
And I am also then not able to flash twrp again to try to get back to the adb sideload function within that as it needs to put both as a fastboot command and on the phone! I despair at how nigh on imposssible it seems to get a custom rom installed on this phone. TWRP worked fine on all other previous androids I've had over 12 yrs now, but not with the Mi 11 Lite 5G it seems. I still love the phone but would like it without MIUI heavy skin

TheDon13

Oct 9, 2010
When you say on Pg1

Code:

fastboot reboot recovery

This will boot you into a recovery and now you need to go to wipe and format data
After that go to apply update then adb sideload then

Which recovery pls? TWRP? or which recovery? At that stage, one hasn't loaded back up any other (custom rom) OS. On previous phones I had not problem using TWRP but after initailly formatting data & following the other flash commands on pg 1, I sideload Rice rom, then have the result as above...stuck on FASTBOOT (D). I no longer seem to ever get back to the android figure fastboot version on this phone. Help pls. Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, first of all, I'm not a dev or else just user who had difficulties to flash GSI on my phone... Was 7 years with a samsung galaxy Note 3, with twrp....So easy to flash....
    with the help of @gr0ndpa, thanks to him.....

FLASH GSI

Now I will explain how to flash easily with files attached

1/ first of all you need a phone and drivers installed, use xiaomi pc suite, unzip and install it
    2/ you need to activate USB debug in dev options.
    3/ dl adb folder unzip it and put in C
    4/ run command and type
    Code:
    cd /adb
    5/ then
    Code:
    adb devices
    to check if phone recognised
    6/
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader
    once in fast boot
    7/
    Code:
    fastboot flash vbmeta vbmeta.img
    wait finished type to enter in fastbootD
    8/
    Code:
    fastboot reboot fastboot
    9/
    Code:
    fastboot flash system
    LiR 313.XXX.img
    you will have a system error, but wait the flash begin in few seconds
    at the end wait ok then
    10/
    Code:
    fastboot reboot recovery
    on stock recover
    11/ wipe data and reboot with +/- and PWR

and you're done...

In case you want to flash custom kernel or patched boot image to root with magisk, you have to

12/
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader

Copy kernel boot image to C drive and rename kernel boot image to boot.img.

13/
    Code:
    fastboot flash boot c:\boot.img
    14/
    Code:
    fastboot reboot

In case you want to flash twrp put the file to adb folder and type in fastboot
    15/
    Code:
    fastboot boot twrp.img

You can check what I ve done on tuto ss...

if you have some comments, don't hesitate...
    I flashed LiR 18.1 rom and very happy with it.....

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++==================================================================================================================================================================================================================++

Flash ROM

This now how to flash ROM on your device, it's convenient for all roms like LOS, corvus, awaken...

First you need all the proper drivers installed and unlocked bootloader, USB debugging all of that stuff.

Now open up a cmd/terminal , and put the files i sent and the ROM file in the folder from where you're opening the cmd/terminal and connect the phone (you may need to put ./ as an suffix for all the commands if you're on linux)

Type
    Code:
    adb reboot bootloader

Then type
    Code:
    fastboot devices
    to see if everything is ok

Then type

Code:
    fastboot flash boot_ab boot.img
    (you can drag and drop the file instead of typing it)

After that's done type

Code:
    fastboot flash vendor_boot_ab vendor_boot.img
    (you can drag and drop this too if you want)

Code:
    fastboot flash dtbo dtbo.img
    (you can drag and drop this too if you want)

After that's done type

Code:
    fastboot reboot recovery
    This will boot you into a recovery and now you need to go to wipe and format data
    After that go to apply update then adb sideload then

In the cmd type

Code:
    adb sideload rom.zip
    for example (you put the ROM zip here you can drag and drop it)

Wait for that to finish it will go to 47% and on the phone it will show step 1/2 then step 2/2
    and when it's done it's gonna show an error
    adb: failed to read command: No error

Then you can reboot to system
    After I enter this, it just stays on waiting for any device.

View attachment 5419437

Update: I was able to figure it out. My device had no drivers so I went search through updates on windows and installed a LeMobile Android driver os it shows up properly in device manager.
    because you don't have xiaomi drivers installed...install xiaomi pc suite and you will have drivers installed...
    you have to put your rom to adb folder and dont forget to add .img at the end
    I did all steps again, installed pc suite, usb debug and this is the result:
    o.t. - but maybe you can also explain me what "fastbootD" (written in yellow) is ?!?
    It's written like this to be sure that people read correctly and see difference with only fastboot...it seems D mode bypass some limitations, but not sure exactly..Google is not always your friend specially on this...I'm sure that if you don't use it you can't flash correctly GSI builds...