[TUTORIAL] Unlock Samsung [GT-S5570 / i5500 / Galaxy Ace]

Search This thread

limikey

Sep 15, 2008
I have done lots of reading and there is so much information, but after all that, not being technically minded I didn't feel confident myself so I sent my Galaxy Ace S5830 to a guy on ebay who Unlocked, Rooted, Installed a better ROM (Looks like Jellybean on the Galaxy S2) and fixed my low memory issues using appstosd, reasonable value as well, if it helps anyone else this is the ebay listing cgi.ebay.co.uk\221232033776 Regards, Mike

Dheano

Jun 23, 2010
Newcastle
My work colleague needed a second phone, picked up the GT-S5570 and needed it unlocked. SuperOneClick & this method worked like a charm (after a few issues, quickly resolved)

Thanks for the great work.

ebod

Nov 22, 2007
Hi all, I did my best to follow this tutorial for an S5570 locked to UK TESCO. I flashed a custom rom only to realise I need a stock rom.

So I put a 2.3.4 stock rom 's5570XXKPK' on, with standard bootloader.

I successfully copied the attached BML5 file and could see TWO eight digit codes ( 02631539 & 79353153 ).

However , when ( even with a Tesco sim installed ) and I type code #7465625*638*XXXXXXXX# ( using both above codes in place of XXXXXXXX ), I get message "USSD Code running" followed by " Connection problem or invalid MMI code"

Can someone please verify I've done this correctly or even study my enclosed bml5.img ?

Many thanks :)

Attachments

• bml5.7z
    55.2 KB · Views: 124

johnfranz29

Dec 29, 2011
Ibiza
thank you so much for this method... i successfully unlock my moms Galaxy Mini S5570 network lock with Orange Spain...

__GOLD_

Sep 4, 2013
Pombal
Hello all,

I'm reading but is a lot to read..

I have a Gio (GT-S5660) and aready have the code from bml5.img (have see the code by XVI32).

I have a Custom Rom CM10.1.6 modded by Mardon.

I really need go to stock ROM.

Or can I use the code in another way?

I really don't understand how to insert the code.

Thanks in advance for your support.

__GOLD_

Sep 4, 2013
Pombal
Already back to stock.
My question now is I don't have another SIM at right now. There is any code to put in the ullock code?

or only with another SIM?

Thanks.

HTPerformance

Oct 2, 2007
Lisbon
Thank you!

It worked well!

Tricky to find the unlock code though...

Does not work with USB cable connected to PC even not accessing the phone.

jnrtwum

May 12, 2012
I have been able to successfully obtain the unlock code, but my phone does not pop up with the window to key the code in.. The number code in the first post too doesn't work, the phone takes it as if I'm trying to place a call. Please help.

Frenix27

May 7, 2011
I have a samsung s5570, tried the first method but when i write "su" in command prompt i have permission denied. What can I do?

remorema

Mar 12, 2009
Lisbon
hey guys

any idea of where the code is found on galaxy ace style sm-g310hn

tried to use this method but seems like on this phone there is no bml5 s the code must be on one of the mmcblk's

any ideas ?

Reactions: madavis77

paradoxiumwind

Jul 23, 2012
Google Nexus 5
Google Pixel 3a
Could use some help unlocking my Galaxy Ace S5830.

It's locked to Virgin Media, I don't have my original SIM but I have my mothers which was a Virgin SIM and I put that in and was able to get mobile data and make calls.

The two codes I could find in bml5.img were:

Not knowing which was correct, I tried both multiple times.

It says something like "USSD Code running" but then says "Connection problem or invalid MMI code”

I get the same “Connection problem or invalid MMI code” even when I dial *#7465625# to check if the phone is network locked.

#7465625*638*80460902#

#7465625*638*15362914#

So I was trying these, I read that adding , at the end can help, it didn't.

Tried restarting the phone a few times, checking service providers and it shows a list of about 4 but all but the one the SIM is for say (restricted), so it didn't work.

Tried a new SIM in it, still asking for unlock code when phone starts up.

Any ideas?

Last edited:

george911

Oct 1, 2013
Niagara Falls
Hi Everyone , have an old i5500m locked to bell mobility and would like to unlock. do have the bml5.img file on pc but seems empty when opened in vim and file showing as 0kb size . what am doing wrong ? does there need to be a sim card in the phone ? Thanks for all the help !

Tiger8010

Apr 23, 2016
Thank you very much you're a genius and i feel better i done it by myself to unlock the S5570
Thanx again

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unlock your Samsung Phone
    [GT-S5570 / more...]

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    First i would like to say some words about this thread. I made this thread at some users requests, original thread contains some obsolete method for unlocking, making some people brick theyr phone. The last method and safe one, was somewhere mixed through other posts from different method and may confuse users. I just rewrite this from 0 for a better understanding and possible questions, discussions about this. I don't own anything from method used.

Original author of method: tweakradje
    Original thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=828534&page=34
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This tutorial was tested on a Samsung GT-S5570 ( Galaxy Mini ) but worked on some other models too ( i5500 / Galaxy Ace ). For more details you can search in original thread.

First thing you must know is that in order to keep following this tutorial you must have your phone rooted. Temporary or permanent, both will do the job. For any information about rooting phone ( Android 2.2 / 2.3 ) you can do a quick search on XDA-forum or Google.

Root Desktop App: SuperOneClick
    SuperOneClick Root Tutorial: Root Tutorial

Now there are 2 methods for extracting the file we need to obtain unlock code, one using ADB Shell(if you use this method, make sure you have installed Android USB Driver first) or using a Terminal App for phone. ADB comes with Android SDK Tools and Terminal Emulator App from market or somewhere else.

Method 1 (ADB Shell)

- Open one instance of "Command Prompt" and go to folder containing ADB tool (adb.exe). (e.g C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools>)
    - Make sure your phone is connected to PC and "USB Debugging" it's enabled. (Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging [X])
    - The following commands will be executed in "Command Prompt" that we opened earlier:
    Code:
    - adb shell
    - su
    - cat /dev/block/bml5>/sdcard/bml5.img
    - exit (2x)
    - adb pull /sdcard/bml5.img

So let's understand what we did here. First we run remote shell interactively, grant super-user access, extract the bml5 file to /sdcard then copy it to PC.

The file that we copied to PC should be in C:\Users\~username~\AppData\Local\VirtualStore but you can do a quick search to find it.

Method 2 (Terminal App)

- Open Terminal Emulator app
    - Grant Super-user access to application
    - The following commands will be executed in current opened application:
    Code:
    - su
    - exit (2x)
    - Close the application.

bml5 -> (BE-EM-EL-FIVE)
    2x -> run the command 2 times

Attention: If you run cat command with the path from above and it's says the file doesn't exists or something like that make sure you try "cat /dev/bml5>/sdcard/bml5.img". For Samsung GT-S5570 the files is under /dev/block.

If you get this message when trying to access .bml file while your connected to PC: Permission Denied then try to get your USB card out of Mass Storage mode, so card won't be used by another process.

Ok, so after using one of these methods we have our file bml5.img in our PC if we used first method or on our /sdcard if we used second method. Keep in mind that we need this file on our PC, so if you used second method just copy the file to PC!
    Now comes the part where we need to work with the file that we just extracted. So, in order to get the unlock code we need a HEX Editor, i've used XVI32 Hex Editor to open the file.

Finding the unlock code

- Open XVI32 Application that we just downloaded. Hit CTRL+O and select the bml5.img file that we extracted earlier. (Open the file)
    - At the first look we will see just a bunch of FF's and 00's and random decimals or symbols, but somewhere deep in there it's our unlock code.
    - Hit CTRL+F to open search dialog, select "Hex String" and put the following search string
    FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF 30 30 30 30 30 30 30 30
    (maybe the search string won't be the same for all phones, but the one from above worked for Samsung GT-S5570)
    - Mark "Case Sensitive", Direction "Down", Scope from "Begin".
    - Click ok, or hit ENTER to start our search.
    - So now, we must hit F3 untill we find our unlock code.
    Our unlock code will be 8 digits plain text surrounded by unknown symbols just like in image below.

(I've hited F3 like 3 times, but don't know if it's the same for everyone. Also to make sure you see the code, after hitting F3 make sure you go 2-3 rows up to make sure the code is not above the searched string.)
    (Unlock code can be finded in multiple places in file, so if you skip one searched string by mistake, just pay attention for next ones)

After getting the unlock code, write it somewhere in PC or paper... close the phone, remove the actual SIM Card, insert a foreign one and turn it ON! Wait untill it boots up, insert the unlock code and your done. Now you have an unlocked phone!

Attention: Unlock code can be extracted using a Custom ROM like CM7 in my case, the file was there, but can't be unlocked since the window to insert code doesn't appear(pop-up). In order to unlock your phone you must have a Stock ROM that actually can read any Samsung code and have that Network unlock code window!
    Most custom roms that tries to remove blur break the subsidy lock interface (sim unlock screen doesn't show on them). If you flash other rom and subsidy unlock screen doesn't pop when you insert foreign sim, you will need to flash back stock ROM in order to unlock. So the easyest way for those of you running a Custom ROM, just do a nandroid backup using CWM, flash Stock ROM, unlock your phone then restore your backup. ;)

Useful Codes
    *#7465625# - Dial code to check if phone it's network locked.
    #7465625*638*UNLOCK-CODE# - Replace UNLOCK-CODE with your 8 digits number, then dial. Phone might reboot.

Details about test environment
    Code:
    Phone used: Samsung GT-S5570 (Galaxy Mini)
    Android Version: 2.3.4 (Gingerbread)
    PC Windows: Windows 7 (64-bit)

If you have reached the end of the tutorial and you wasn't able to obtain the unlock code( find numbers like 00000000 / 11111111 ), then it means that your phone it's "Hard Locked" or doesn't have the unlock code provided with the phone. I don't know any solution until now for this problem. For most of the people here, this works flawlessly, for some doesn't work.

If you find this tutorial useful please consider pushing the Thanks button at the end of thread.
    thanks.jpg

You can also send me a beer by donating :) Thank you.
    Galaxy ace

Working on galaxy ace android 2.2.1 :)
    Unlock your Samsung Phone
    [GT-S5570]

First i would like to say some words about this thread. I made this thread at some users requests, original thread contains some obsolete method for unlocking, making some people brick theyr phone. The last method and safe one, was somewhere mixed through other posts from different method and may confuse users. I just rewrite this from 0 for a better understanding and possible questions, discussions about this. I don't own anything from method used.

Original author of method: tweakradje
    Original thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=828534&page=34

This tutorial was tested on a Samsung GT-S5570 ( Galaxy Mini ) but worked on some other models too ( i5500 / Galaxy Ace ). For more details you can search in original thread.

First thing you must know is that in order to keep following this tutorial you must have your phone rooted. Temporary or permanent, both will do the job. For any information about rooting phone ( Android 2.2 / 2.3 ) you can do a quick search on XDA-forum or Google.

Root Desktop App: SuperOneClick
    SuperOneClick Root Tutorial: Root Tutorial

Now there are 2 methods for extracting the file we need to obtain unlock code, one using ADB Shell(if you use this method, make sure you have installed Android USB Driver first) or using a Terminal App for phone. ADB comes with Android SDK Tools and Terminal Emulator App from market or somewhere else.

Method 1 (ADB Shell)

- Open one instance of "Command Prompt" and go to folder containing ADB tool (adb.exe). (e.g C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools>)
    - Make sure your phone is connected to PC and "USB Debugging" it's enabled. (Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging [X])
    - The following commands will be executed in "Command Prompt" that we opened earlier:
    Code:
    - adb shell
    - su
    - exit (2x)
    - adb pull /sdcard/bml5.img

So let's understand what we did here. First we run remote shell interactively, grant super-user access, extract the bml5 file to /sdcard then copy it to PC.

The file that we copied to PC should be in C:\Users\~username~\AppData\Local\VirtualStore but you can do a quick search to find it.

Method 2 (Terminal App)

- Open Terminal Emulator app
    - Grant Super-user access to application
    - The following commands will be executed in current opened application:
    Code:
    - su
    - exit (2x)
    - Close the application.

bml5 -> (BE-EM-EL-FIVE)
    2x -> run the command 2 times

Attention: If you run cat command with the path from above and it's says the file doesn't exists or something like that make sure you try "cat /dev/bml5>/sdcard/bml5.img". For Samsung GT-S5570 the files is under /dev/block.

Ok, so after using one of these methods we have our file bml5.img in our PC if we used first method or on our /sdcard if we used second method. Keep in mind that we need this file on our PC, so if you used second method just copy the file to PC!
    Now comes the part where we need to work with the file that we just extracted. So, in order to get the unlock code we need a HEX Editor, i've used XVI32 Hex Editor to open the file.

Finding the unlock code

- Open XVI32 Application that we just downloaded. Hit CTRL+O and select the bml5.img file that we extracted earlier. (Open the file)
    - At the first look we will see just a bunch of FF's and 00's and random decimals or symbols, but somewhere deep in there it's our unlock code.
    - Hit CTRL+F to open search dialog, select "Hex String" and put the following search string
    Code:
    FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF FF 30 30 30 30 30 30 30 30
    (maybe the search string won't be the same for all phones, but the one from above worked for Samsung GT-S5570)
    - Mark "Case Sensitive", Direction "Down", Scope from "Begin".
    - Click ok, or hit ENTER to start our search.
    - So now, we must hit F3 untill we find our unlock code.
    Our unlock code will be 8 digits plain text surrounded by unknown symbols just like in image below.

(I've hited F3 like 3 times, but don't know if it's the same for everyone. Also to make sure you see the code, after hitting F3 make sure you go 2-3 rows up to make sure the code is not above the searched string.)
    (Unlock code can be finded in multiple places in file, so if you skip one searched string by mistake, just pay attention for next ones)

After getting the unlock code, write it somewhere in PC or paper... close the phone, remove the actual SIM Card, insert a foreign one and turn it ON! Wait untill it boots up, insert the unlock code and your done. Now you have an unlocked phone!

Attention: Unlock code can be extracted using a Custom ROM like CM7 in my case, the file was there, but can't be unlocked since the window to insert code doesn't appear(pop-up). In order to unlock your phone you must have a Stock ROM that actually can read any Samsung code and have that Network unlock code window!

So the easyest way for those of you running a Custom ROM, just do a nandroid backup using CWM, flash Stock ROM, unlock your phone then restore your backup. ;)

Useful Codes:
    *#7465625# - Dial code to check if phone it's network locked.

Details about test environment
    Code:
    Phone used: Samsung GT-S5570 (Galaxy Mini)
    Android Version: 2.3.4 (Gingerbread)
    PC Windows: Windows 7 (64-bit)

If you have reached the end of the tutorial and you wasn't able to obtain the unlock code( find numbers like 00000000 / 11111111 ), then it means that your phone it's "Hard Locked" or doesn't have he unlock code provided with the phone. I don't know any solution until now for this problem. For most of the people here this works flawlessly, for some doesn't work.

If you find this tutorial useful please consider pushing the Thanks button at the end of thread.
    thanks.jpg

This tutorial is useful for me. Thanks! But is there an update on what to do if phone is "Hard Locked"? Thanks again.
    Nice work. I will add it to the OP of my thread.

Cheers
    Nice work. I will add it to the OP of my thread.

Cheers
    Nice. Thank you :) i hope it's clear enough.
    Cheers