[Tutorial] Xperia S/P/U/Sola Bootloader Unlocking & Relocking

Search This thread

mrxperiax8

Dec 7, 2011
Link Broken

Can you please post another link for download the fastboot package with usb drivers (alternate drivers if the ones in package dont work)

WenSes

Jul 24, 2011
Villa Alemana
Which are the unofficial ways you know to unlock the bootloader? and more important, do you recommend to use this methods?

Enviado desde mi Nexus 7 usando XDA Premium HD app

someone755

Sep 27, 2011
Ljubljana
Question one: If you mean the ADB and Fastboot drivers, I have some old ones stored in a thread here http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2087337 The Fastboot zip will serve you well in that case, if on Windows.

Question two: The "unofficial" versions are all based on the official one (they all work by the same principle, just masked so you don't see it).
Which one to use? Swift tutorial:
1.The official one. If that doesn't work, you move to
2.The one that looks best to you. And if that doesn't work onto
3.Any other one. If you have enough un-luck for this one to not work
4. Go back to the official one and retrace all your steps! Get the code again, reinstall the drivers, try another PC.

neuropass

Nov 22, 2010
www.tweakscene.com
Looks like the two download links are not available. Anyone has the drivers links by any chance?

Question, I have the following config:

model: LT26i
android version: 4.1.2
base band: 8660-AAABQOLYM-314010-39
Kernel: 3.4.0+1.0.21100-313065-g1ccebb5-00193-gcbc50fc
build number:6.2.B.1.96

Can I use the procedure safely?

someone755

Sep 27, 2011
Ljubljana
If your device says that your BL is unlockable, yes. If not, you can still try, but you won't get further than "ERROR".

Anyways, I'd recommend you either use Flashtool and unlock from there or get your drivers and Fastboot up and running and do it manually (that's how REAL men do it :p).

Reactions: Benko111

someone755

Sep 27, 2011
Ljubljana
You could be on CM11 and you could do it. Gingerbread, ICS, JB, KK, anything your heart desires, you can relock. Though the phone will only work with official/official-based firmware.

someone755

Sep 27, 2011
Ljubljana
1. Reboot PC
2. Reinstall drivers (try both the Flashtool ones and the standard ones).
3. If at all possible, try on another PC/with another cable/with another port.

Samir_Maric

Jan 23, 2013
Nagapattinam

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    181.8 KB · Views: 415

someone755

Sep 27, 2011
Ljubljana
For the last time: no, there is not.

Wait for a lunatic to destroy his phone trying to do it with the board pins and publish the procedure. Until then, no.

someone755

Sep 27, 2011
Ljubljana

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Quick tutorial for unlocking & relocking the bootloader of the Xperia S/P/U/Sola.

this is the official way to unlock bootloader

Warning!

This procedure will wipe the /data partition of your phone, so you will loose all ur stored data, settings. SDCARD will NOT BE WIPED!!!

DRM keys WILL be lost forever

why to unlock bootloader?

1. u can flash custom ROMs/Kernels
    2. u dont need to worry if the new firmware can be rooted or not as with unlocked bootloader u can always ROOT ur device
    3. SE/Sony gives sneak-peaks/preview builds of latest OS which requires unlocked bootloaders, as they did with Xperia 2011 line (they had ICS alpha/beta), so who knows may be SE/Sony may give early builds of ICS (JellyBean???) ;)

Most of this is taken from lollylost100's his tutorial from ARC thread (all credits for that concise tutorial go to him, i have elaborated on a few things and added device specific changes)

btw i dont have this device, most of this testing was done on user darkpisces's phone so thanks a lot to him for helping me out!!!

[ before we begin unlocking bootloader ]

• get the IMEI code for ur device: type *#06# in phone dialer to find it out, note only the digits (no dashes)
    • download the fastboot package
    • download the latest FlashTool Xperia Driver Pack and install fastboot drivers (common) & adb drivers for this device from the list!
    • make sure u have a windows PC with USB cable to connect the phone
    • power down ur phone and keeping the Volume Up button pressed connect the USB cable to PC this will trigger FASTBOOT mode and windows will start driver installation, which should be automatically done
    • once drivers are installed just disconnect cable and power on device

[ how to unlock ] (official way)

1. Go to: http://unlockbootloader.sonymobile.com/ and read everything!
    2. At the bottom click 'Start Unlocking the Bootloader'
      First, you should confirm that it is possible to unlock the boot loader of your phone by checking the service menu. In your phone, open the dialler and enter *#*#7378423#*#* to access the service menu.

In your phone, tap Service info > Configuration > Rooting Status. If Bootloader unlock allowed says Yes, then you can continue with the next step. If it says No, or if the status is missing, your device cannot be unlocked.
    3. after u have verified that u can unlock bootloader, scroll to the bottom of the page and click "Continue"
    4. you will get "are u sure prompt" accept it by clicking "yes i am sure" (i assume that u have read an understood it)
    5. then accept the "legal terms"
    6. finally u will get a "Create Unlock request" page, enter your IMEI (sometimes the last digit needs to be removed for this to work), name and email address
    7. You should now receive your unique unlock key, its displayed on screen, SAVE THIS KEY SAFELY
    8. Extract fastboot_with_Android_USB_file.rar and open fastboot folder
    9. Hold SHIFT and right click on the background of the folder
    10. Select 'Open command window here'
    11. Connect your phone in fastboot mode (turn phone off, hold Volume UP button and plug in USB Cable) [make sure drivers are installed as explained above)
    12. In the cmd windows type in fastboot.exe -i 0x0fce getvar version
    13. If a value is returned (it will return 0.5), it means the phone is correctly connected
    14. Type in fastboot.exe -i 0x0fce oem unlock 0xKEY and replace KEY with the key which u received earlier.
    15. You're device should now be bootloader unlocked

If this tutorial is too much for you then itskapil wrote a step-by-step guide (and recorded a video also):
    -Instructions: http://www.theandroidsoul.com/how-to-unlock-bootloader-xperia-arc-play-neo-pro/
    -Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRH3pC7MhEA
    (the above videos and some steps are for Xperia 2011 devices, but most the steps are same for Xperia S/P/U/Sola)

Info on Relocking bootloader is in next post
    Relocking Bootloader

this Relock FTF is based on the package posted by Blagus in his ARC thread (all credits for this go to him, i have only added the correct loader.sin for this device)

RELOCKING BOOTLOADER WILL ALLOW YOU TO GET NEWEST UPDATES & REPAIR DEVICE USING SEUS/PCC

before we begin relocking the bootloader make sure that u have flashtool download & installed

u can get the latest version of FlashTool from:
    http://androxyde.github.com/Flashtool/

download link is under "Installation" tab

if u have not use FlashTool before read this thread:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1526866

download this FTF:
    Xperia S -> Xperia-S_Relock_bootloader.ftf
    Xperia U -> http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=26783129#post26783129 (thanks to enigma77x)

flash this FTF via FlashTool

RELOCK FTFs FOR P/U/Sola are under testing! if u are interested in testing kindly contact me via P.M., before u contact me, make sure that u have UNLOCKED the bootloader!

when it says enter flashmode, power down device and keeping VOLUME DOWN button pressed connect usb cable to phone, the device will now enter flashmode (green LED)

after this file is flashed reboot phone

bootloader will now be relocked!!!

incase device doenst boot DO NOT PANIC... u can flash stock firmware FTF anytime to get back to stock ROM... i will post link to working FTF once its available...

P.S.: there is no official way to relock bootloader
    hi DooMLoRD,
    i have created relock bootloader for Xperia U
    http://tiny.cc/ST25i_Relock_Bootloader
    it's working :)
    yea I guess it's pointless locking back the BOOTLOADER but I think with the unofficial way, they know or they have registered the serial key or IMEI which you won't be able to update it to ICS via SEUS or PcCompaninon. Either way like you said, we can use the FTF files to update it to ICS. and I saw when the run ICS on Arc S and Play, I saw that they had to unlock the bootloader to install alpha ICS and it was mentioned there that you might face lotta troubles when you update it to the official ICS, so I'm gonna wait till it gets official ICS cause it'll be out very soon like end of the March.

NO!
    After relock you can use SEUS / PCC / EMMA again. The imei is used to generate the unique unlock-key. Also it gets stored to check if you claim warranty. Arc has showed us that SE is not denying warranty at all if you unlocked. They just decline it if the cause of the failure is a custom rom etc. pp. for example if you ****ed your cpu with overclocking.

SEUS/PCC/EMMA checks TA area for the unlock key, if it is present it reject the phone and refuses to update. The relock Doom posted here is the same way we worked out on Arc. It deletes the unlockkey from TA and this way you are again able to use SEUS/PCC/EMMA.

Hope i enlighted you a bit.

Regards
    manage to do this on my x64 Windows 7.

key thing is to get the right drivers

I download the drivers from here, http://download.theandroidsoul.com/file/unlock xperia arc bootloaders.zip

and use the fastboot drivers from the drivers folder.

then in that few seconds where the phone is in fastboot mode, I update the drivers accordingly.

The problem I think is Windows 7 will automatically redirect the driver installation to default/generic installation if it can't find the driver for the device. So perhaps to avoid it totally it's to use gpedit.msc to stop the redirection of the devices..