• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

TV BOX to Carplay AI Box

Search This thread

AmroGamal

Apr 23, 2015
Dears I have a tv box with android 7 and I want to make it a Carplay box in my car. Does anyone know how to make it? Which ROM I have to install ? And how can I change the output from HDMI to USB?

AmroGamal

Apr 23, 2015
No think Not, you have to use some sort of allwinnerchipset, Same as the ai Box cp600 is based on. Main Problem is you have to emulate carplay to get the device working with you Car. Just buy a ai Box cp600 over Ali. You get one around 160€.
I know that it is available on Ali but I can not purchase it as there are some Chinese goods are restricted to enter my country and this is one of them. This is the reason why I am asking my questions. I have another idea I hope it works. If the chipset inside these devices is Allwinner, I can get any device with Allwinner H6 chipset and I have this program and I can install it on this chipset. There are lots of Allwinner H6 chipset inside many of the tv boxes Sold here. I don't is this idea deserves the trial or not

LwannaCM

Nov 8, 2014
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2
LG G3
I know that it is available on Ali but I can not purchase it as there are some Chinese goods are restricted to enter my country and this is one of them. This is the reason why I am asking my questions. I have another idea I hope it works. If the chipset inside these devices is Allwinner, I can get any device with Allwinner H6 chipset and I have this program and I can install it on this chipset. There are lots of Allwinner H6 chipset inside many of the tv boxes Sold here. I don't is this idea deserves the trial or not
Look Out for Ali vendors, that Delivery from Other countries, that should solve your problem. There is also an Other thread Here to ai box that discusses the allwinnerchipset

zetagemini

Feb 24, 2021
No think Not, you have to use some sort of allwinnerchipset, Same as the ai Box cp600 is based on. Main Problem is you have to emulate carplay to get the device working with you Car. Just buy a ai Box cp600 over Ali. You get one around 160€.
well, you don't have to connect it through carplay. it should be possible to install android auto.