TV out from HTC Incredible

Search This thread

joshuadb20

Apr 20, 2007
I was wondering if it would be possible to get the HTC incredible rom and extract the TV out APP from it. Just wondering if this has been discussed or thought of since it is the first Android device to support it, that I know of.

If the HTC Touch Pro I had could do it and the Hero with the same hardware as HTC TP, It should be possible.

Just a thought.:D

ko0pa11

Jan 24, 2010
i saw it done on a TP where its all done through the headphone jack to video and audio cables

askwhy

Jun 26, 2009
Attached is the TVOUT.apk and TVOUT.odex from the Incredible in a zip file. I just did an adb pull from /system/app, and I have no idea if these will be of any use for you on the Hero, but here you go anyways -- you can give it a shot.

Attachments

• TVOUT.zip
    28.7 KB · Views: 730

ItsDon

Mar 29, 2008
Dripping Springs, Texas
no the incredible does tv out through micro usb. its different from the touch pro 2, this is the cable i think would work with the hero.

http://www.amazon.com/OEM-HTC-Out-Cable-ACT100/dp/B002OOZDSE/

Nice find on the cable! I'm terribly interested in doing this as well. I used to be able to stream live hockey games from my Slingbox through my Touch Pro phone to the input on my cars AV deck so my kids can watch the games while I drive, live. It was slick and I really miss that feature. Would be awesome to get it back on the Hero. I heard Sling is putting out an app this summer.

dirkyd3rk

Jul 14, 2008
Houston, TX
www.twitter.com
yeah i do believe this could actually work with our hero's, i guess we gotta see, i wish flash 10 was here already, i want to live stream the mayweather boxing fight tonight live from my phone.......and i also heard sling was putting out an android app as well, dont know for sure if its this summer, would be nice. i wonder if i could order the fight from sprint tv lol, they would charge me like 50 bucks most likely lol

phonetec

Dec 4, 2009
yeah i do believe this could actually work with our hero's, i guess we gotta see, i wish flash 10 was here already, i want to live stream the mayweather boxing fight tonight live from my phone.......and i also heard sling was putting out an android app as well, dont know for sure if its this summer, would be nice. i wonder if i could order the fight from sprint tv lol, they would charge me like 50 bucks most likely lol

watch the fight on the ustream viewer app or from Skyfire

joshuadb20

Apr 20, 2007
I will try the app and see what happens. The video cables are available to buy for like 15 bucks or so, it only composite but better than nothing. I would like to have this feature to connect to out tv in the break room where I work.

Jus10o

Mar 11, 2010
the app wont install through the sync installed on the pc. How do you add apps through ADB?

put app in c:/android-sdk/tools

adb push app.apk /system/app <--Try first

or

adb install /system/app app.apk

You can always type the directorys to an app also like so

adb push c:/users/justin/desktop/Myapp.apk /system/app

joshuadb20

Apr 20, 2007
C:\AndroidSDK\tools>adb install /system/app tvout.apk
610 KB/s (28737 bytes in 0.046s)
pkg: /system/app
Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_INSUFFICIENT_STORAGE]

C:\AndroidSDK\tools>adb install /system/app tvout.apk
701 KB/s (28737 bytes in 0.040s)
pkg: /system/app
Failure [INSTALL_FAILED_INSUFFICIENT_STORAGE]

Hmmm....I dont have that many apps installed. I wonder if I had APPS2SD running if it might work then? I will try it tommorow. Have to get some sleep. If anyone has a2sd running please try to install this app and get back to me. Thanks.

Last edited: