TV sets with Board CV9632H-A50 / Mediatek m7332_eu

Search This thread

starbright_

Apr 11, 2010
Want to start some research about this board. I know that JTC uses it in its TV sets, but its probably widely spread among OEM TVs.
To discover firmware I unpacked a update and found a file: CtvUpgrade.bin that starts with a list of partitions that are in its ROM.
Anyone knows more about the format or want to join me here?

Reactions: K@\/E|-|

Jogi229

Dec 21, 2021
Hi.
The board is a cultraview they like to have a custom OS from Zeasn on it.
To be recognized by the launcher cultraview_open_launcher.
This is built into cheap models.
You get to the hidden tv menu through input / source and then 2580.
I myself have a device from kb-elements with cultraview board and custom OS.

starbright_

Apr 11, 2010
Oh, well - good to have a bro here ;)
I could figure our already some thing in the Service Menu (Overscan, Reduce backlight further more).
But sill I just have quite a few questions:
Does your board allow record broadcast?
Could you get rid of the annoying "Energy waste" pop-ups if you increase volume?
Did you get root access to it?

Jogi229

Dec 21, 2021
A german bro.
No root is only possible with a root OS version which then has to be flashed Via USB.
This will void the guarantee.
Especially since at least for me it is an OS adapted by Zeasn.
I suspect that JTC is similar to kb-elements.
The file ctvupdate is only firmware for the board.
I would avoid the ctv mode at least when the backlight is deactivated.

starbright_

Apr 11, 2010
Yeah, where are you from? I am not so afraid of guarantie. But I need to know more about. It would be cool to have a real Android, so where all apps will work. Widevine would be cool.
I've seen different update files for same TV with different serial numbers. Guess it is just the different panel. Would be great to separate android from the HW-specific stuff.
Does your TV allows recording?

Jogi229

Dec 21, 2021
Lower Saxony.
The cultraview board is often built into cheap devices.
Jtc / Jay tech, TCL, Hisens, KB elements.

Unfortunately, widevine is not on it and the Android is also an adapted "not Google" version.

Playstore ect are installed, if at all, which sometimes leads to problems.

Root access is also not possible. Unless you have an update for the USB stick and modefiert it for root access.

But that is beyond my knowledge.
Yes PVR works, even on a USB stick which sometimes does not work.

If necessary, it could also be activated in the service menu.

starbright_

Apr 11, 2010
For me Playstore isn't working anymore. Although all other apps does have network it complains not to have it.

I manually updated to latest gsf and gms (Service Framework and Playservices for Android 9+) and also to the latest Playstore. I found that I have to install the Playstore for Android TV [8]. Installing the normal one [0] works, but after starting it complains with: This version is not compatible to device.
Nevertheless it keeps non operational with "no network". Help!

I am wondering what can prevent Playstore from working? Is it because of Android TV?
I am pretty sure the Android on this TV is far from perfect, but hey - why no PlayStore. I think once it worked.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Want to start some research about this board. I know that JTC uses it in its TV sets, but its probably widely spread among OEM TVs.
    To discover firmware I unpacked a update and found a file: CtvUpgrade.bin that starts with a list of partitions that are in its ROM.
    Anyone knows more about the format or want to join me here?