TVision HUB

Search This thread

EL TEJANO

Dec 1, 2010
Salinas, CA.
I couldn't find a specific forum thread for the TVision HUB but wanted to know if anyone here has experience with it and whether it has the ability to sideload apps?
I know it has ChromeCast capabilities and it's used for the TVision channel stream lineup but outside of that I know nothing else.
As a T-Mobile/Sprint customer, you can purchase the HUB & the remote for $49.99

I'm not interested in the TVision service as of yet but the device itself seems interesting (if it can be tweaked like a Chromecast or Firestick etc)

Here are the specs:
Dimensions:
• 3.03" x 2.05" x 0.55"
• 17 oz (<0.5 kg)

Processor
• Amlogic S905Y2 Chipset (Quad Core Cortex-A53 1.8 GHz CPU, 16560 DMIPS)

Memory
• 2 GB RAM / 8 GB Flash

Ports
• HDMI output, Micro USB for power only

Software
• Current version: PI.4739

Video Resolution
• 480i/p, 576i/p, 720p, 1080i/p and 4Kx2K

SIM card
• none

Wi-Fi:
• 802.11ac 2x2 MIMO 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz Wi-Fi

Bluetooth:
• BLE version 4.2

Voice support
• Yes, with Google Assistant

TV compatibility
• HDMI enabled TV, 4K Ultra HD TV required for viewing 4K content

EL TEJANO

Dec 1, 2010
Salinas, CA.
lok for firmwares for Amlogic S905Y2, S905X2 Might Work Too, Try To Figure Out If You Can Get Into Mask Rom Mode (To Recover From A Bricked Device), And Then Experiment
Thanks I just want to know if apps can be sideloaded and / or whether it has access to the Play Store?
Sure there are other devices out there, but what I like about the TVision HUB is the remote
610214704436-frontimage.png

I guess I can wait to see what others say as this is a fairly new thing that just came out

aidanmacgregor

• Nov 19, 2011
    Caithness
    aidansrom.freecluster.eu
    Thanks I just want to know if apps can be sideloaded and / or whether it has access to the Play Store?
    Sure there are other devices out there, but what I like about the TVision HUB is the remote

I guess I can wait to see what others say as this is a fairly new thing that just came out

You Should Be Able To Sideload Apps On This, And The Google Play Store Should Be Installed (The Tv Version)

bigtalker

May 20, 2007

This may be a newly released device from TMobile but it, being an officially certified legit AndroidTV device, shares all the capabilities of other devices on market. Google, Verizon, Xiaomi, Dynalink, nVidia et al all have similar products that are very popular and that share similar capabilities. That's what standards are all about. 99% of core features are replicated with a few minor variations added along the way.

As to your sideload question, of course you can sideload phone/tablet apps. Bear in mind, non AndroidTV apps sideloaded won't show on your home screen. You can access them under apps menu or you can tweak system by installing sideload launcher from the playstore. This will allow them to appear on home screen/desktop of your device.

You may consider /r/androidtv forum on reddit.com as it focuses exclusively on the official androidTV variants of tv boxes

Good luck

MIDNIGHTLEGACY

Nov 11, 2014
    yes i have the device, bought it from tmobile. it has a play store and you can remote in with ADBLink and add files. Id suggest going into the play store to grab a file manger and then you can explore the device directories. the service itself is actually very good. we canceled cox cable.

Dvalin21

Nov 2, 2010
    OKC
    OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren
    So with Tvision ending and Youtube TV not working on this device, there is an alternative, but that is if we can get this to actually work correct. Here at Xda developers Project Slimbox is for Amlogic devices and I believe they have a device working with the S905Y2 processor. it would be nice to see if we could actually get that working on this device. Tmobile told me that they will be giving account credit for each person that purchased one of these devices.

Dvalin21

Nov 2, 2010
    OKC
    OnePlus 7T Pro McLaren
    I was able to get the block names, but as you know there is no external sdcard so it makes it difficult to backup partitions or anything else. I was able to connect to it via adb wifi with no issue.

Attachments

• Blocks by Name TVision Hub.txt
      2 KB · Views: 11