[CLOSED][TW][7.1.1] Cardinal J3 [G530H/F/FZ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

CaelestisZ

Jan 2, 2018
Hey guys, I'm closing this thread. (It's not abandoned)
I'm still under development of this project, now with a custom kernel (stable)
If any of you guys are interested,
Follow development here: CaelestisZ/AetherAura
Any queries/deets related to the same, join us on Telegram: G530* Project: Aether
It would be more than great if you could help us with the remaining bugs too! ;)

P.S. The bugs that persist are Bluetooth, Torch and Camera (ROM sided bugs). See ya!
i found the bug is rotation.it cant rotate.i think is not from kernel because i flash tw nouget kernel(rotation work) but it cant rotate
sorry for my english
Hey there!
The links have been updated with the latest fixes. ;)
Try it again: CaelestisZ/AetherAura

See ya!

Hey there!
The links have been updated with the latest fixes. ;)
Try it again: CaelestisZ/AetherAura
See ya!
Hi, it's been a while since the last time I used my grand prime, and I almost forgot about installing ROMs and this stuff.
I'm running a LineageOS ROM with android 10 on it so I should wipe it before installing this one, obviously.
Here are my questions : Should I install Gapps with this ROM or they are already included?
And as I remember there was a bug that doesn't let users put any kind of screen lock, does that bug persist? And is there any major bugs left?

Sorry for asking a lot of questions, but I want to make sure this ROM will work fine.
Thanks in advance ! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CARDINAL J3

DISCLAIMER
    You are NOT authorized to take, modify, use, upload ANY file or the whole ROM without my permissions.
    I am NOT responsible for what YOU flash. This ROM works on the G530H, G530F and the G530FZ variants.

SCREENSHOTS
    Screenshot_20180401-232155.jpg Screenshot_20180401-232222.jpg 1522607592679.jpg Screenshot_20180401-232123.jpg Screenshot_20180401-232239.jpg Screenshot_20180401-232348.jpg Screenshot_20180401-232245.jpg Screenshot_20180401-232259.jpg Screenshot_20180401-232322.jpg Screenshot_20180401-232422.jpg

FEATURES
    • Android 7.1.1 Nougat
    • Based on J3 2016 Verizon
    • Powered by Explosion kernel
    • Pre-rooted with MagiskSU
    • Extremely debloated and deknoxed
    • Google apps included

BUGS
    • Freezes when updating/installing apps via WiFi
    • Mobile data
    • Camera and Torch
    • SD card and other storage issues
    • Bluetooth

HOW TO INSTALL
    • Download ROM zip into Device
    • Boot into TWRP
    • Flash TLDCJ3N-E1.zip
    • Reboot to system

XDA:DevDB Information
    Cardinal J3, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime
    Contributors
    Lumière896
    ROM OS Version: 7.x Nougat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.10.x
    ROM Firmware Required: LP Bootloader and Modem
    Version Information
    DOWNLOADS
    Temporarily disabled

CREDITS
    @ClydeVen for the entry to fix
    WiFi not remembering passwords.
    @Jovic77 for RIL fix on dual SIM variants.
    @Carlos Arriaga for his Explosion Kernel.
    @mdmaher for early testing
    and giving clear reviews.
    Thanks again!
    Congrats! I'm sure this will be another awesome ROM of yours! :D

Gonna test really really soon.
    Best wishes on your new project! ;)

- Wi-Fi, works. Bluetooth dosen't. Keeps turning off and on again and again by itself Didn't tested RIL.

- Performance is not bad. RAM is ok. Although there are some random freezes. Browsing through system and animation is super smooth.
    EDIT - Forgot to mention, The rom became silky smooth after 2 hour. Now its like S8.

- There are some random reboots and deadlock too while charging and screen off.

- Wallpaper is impossible to change. Wallpaper scalling app freezes to reboot (for most time). Storage permission keeps turning off by itself. Had to use a 3rd party app to change wallpaper.

- SD Card dosent works.

- Battery is not great.

- Camera dosent works.

- Setting is messed up. There are two battery section. One of them is the working one. And the other one is glitched battery menu with showing that battery is on max saver mode while its not and the phone dosent goes to max saver mode either.

- A feature called Direction Lock (found under Accessiblity menu) has problem. It force closes when setting one. This also messes up security lock too. Setting up the direction lock puts the lock even on security lock page (while the lock is not even turned on) and putting the lock force closes the lock menu. This makes setting pin or pattern lock impossible to set. (*ALTHOUGH - I don't know if its a problem in general)

- Gallery album dosen't shows photos from DCIM, screenshots or from anywhere. Photos does shows up taken from different roms. But these dosen't shows in album.

-GPS dosen't works. Turns on but dosen't shows location.

Searching for more. Attached alot of screenshot. I had more.. but cant post more than 20 ss on xda labs (despite adding less.). BTW i wrote the entire comment on the rom and the battery dropped from 40% -> 28%.

Edit - The rom is super smooth now. Really. Just waiting for remaining bugs to be fixed and ill be switiching here. Animation is super smooth and awesome!