[Tweak][Script][Lollipop support] New Zipalign script for init.d (07.Aug.2015)

Search This thread

Joeisgood99

Jan 4, 2015
Melbourne
okay, I added new .apk directory and new command for new devices. And I also fixed some bugs from original script, It will work correctly.

I also updated zipalign binary file, it can work on 5.x and 4.4.

You can try;)

Thanks.
When you say that you updated the 'zipalign binary' do you mean the 'updater script & binary' in the META-INF folder? Or dd you mean the binary that is installed in the xbin folder? Because if you mean the zipalign binary ( system/xbin/zipalign.) Then I would like to know how you updated it.
:)

Last edited:
Reactions: Startrek852

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello, I'm the first time to write scripts, and I also attempt to add some mod for Lollipop devices support. Today I will release a new Zipalign script for Lollipop and Kitkat devices support, I hope everyone can like this mod.:)

Introduction
    This is a new script, it can support Android 5.x and 2.3 ~ 4.4. Though there are many kinds of Zipalign scripts in some mod, most of them are not support for Lollipop devices. Therefore, I write this Zipalign script for new devices, it can also support Lollipop system and work fine.

07.Aug.2015 Update
    1. Log error fixed

Features
    1. Add Zipalign script for Lollipop support
    2. Fixed some bugs and it works fine at every boot

What you need before flash this mod
    1. Root access
    2. init.d support
    3. busybox
    4. CWM Recovery

How to install
    1. Download Zipalign_mod_LP_KK.zip (For 4.4 and 5.x) or Zipalign_mod_GB_ICS_JB.zip (For 2.3 to 4.3) into your SD card.
    2. Reboot into CWM Recovery and flash it.
    3. Enjoy;)

It works fine on my Z Ultra, and I use 5.0.2 stock rom:D

Traditional Chinese/繁體中文 說明
    2015/08/07緊急更新:
    1. 修正Log顯示錯誤的問題

特點:
    1. 新增Zipalign腳本對Android 5.0系統的支援
    2. 修復一些原有的Bug

事前準備:
    1. 取得Root權限
    2. 具備init.d的支援
    3. 具備busybox的支援
    4. 已經安裝Recovery

安裝方式:
    1. 請先下載Zipalign_mod_LP_KK.zip (4.4和5.x專用)或是Zipalign_mod_GB_ICS_JB.zip (2.3 ~ 4.3專用)並放進SD卡中 (決定於您的系統版本)
    2. 重開機進入Recovery並刷入
    3. 完成

Screenshots

Screenshot_2015-08-05-20-30-48.jpg

1438917492405.jpg

Download

View attachment Zipalign_mod_GB_ICS_JB.zip

View attachment Zipalign_mod_LP_KK.zip
    Hi @judy4302
    Thanks for your great contribution to xda!
    Thanks for looking at this anew as aposed to kanging it from a past custom rom whos dev most likely kanged it from an even older rom who did the same.
    I have been looking for a "new" zipalign module for ages.
    EVERY custom rom for my phone (HTC m7) has zipalign modules that were compiled for android 2.0, hence they don’t work despite the script updating the zipalign log stating it has, AND the scripts have not been changed since 2009. For example in the zipalign script its better to have :

Code:
    for DIR in /data/app /system/app /system/priv-app /system/framework ; do 
    cd $DIR  
    for APK in *.apk **/*.apk ; do
     zipalign -f 4 $DIR/$APK /what/ever

if you just have
    Code:
    for APK in *.apk ; do 
    whatever

The script will miss most of the .apk files.

Question I hope you can answer!
    Can you please tell me how you compiled the zipalign module?
    I would love to be able to compile the various modules that go in xbin for my phone.

Thanks!

okay, I added new .apk directory and new command for new devices. And I also fixed some bugs from original script, It will work correctly.

I also updated zipalign binary file, it can work on 5.x and 4.4.

You can try;)
    I did this a month ago for operation killjoy. Just saying :)
    By the way, in order to avoid conflict with other cleaner script, I have modified zipaligned apk directory to sdcard

If I have something wrong, please correct me, thanks:)

What? Avoid conflict with what? Moving files doesn't make this better its just adjusting a general location for the log file. Its fine though, like I said previously. Zipalign is useless on KitKat and Lollipop and only reason I include it is because there are users that are on Gingerbread and Ice cream sandwich.
    Hi @judy4302
    Thanks for your great contribution to xda!
    Thanks for looking at this anew as aposed to kanging it from a past custom rom whos dev most likely kanged it from an even older rom who did the same.
    I have been looking for a "new" zipalign module for ages.
    EVERY custom rom for my phone (HTC m7) has zipalign modules that were compiled for android 2.0, hence they don’t work despite the script updating the zipalign log stating it has, AND the scripts have not been changed since 2009. For example in the zipalign script its better to have :

Code:
    for DIR in /data/app /system/app /system/priv-app /system/framework ; do 
    cd $DIR  
    for APK in *.apk **/*.apk ; do
     zipalign -f 4 $DIR/$APK /what/ever

if you just have
    Code:
    for APK in *.apk ; do 
    whatever

The script will miss most of the .apk files.

Question I hope you can answer!
    Can you please tell me how you compiled the zipalign module?
    I would love to be able to compile the various modules that go in xbin for my phone.

Thanks!
Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone