[TWEAK] Status Bar Tweak for Game Compatibility

Search This thread

qwerty007

Jun 4, 2008
This was made for CM7 A3.5, not sure if it'll work right on other builds.

What this does specifically:
1) It makes the status bar 168 in height.
2) It adds 133 padding to the top of the status bar to align the status bar contents back to the bottom.

What it achieves:
1) 16:9 App Space, if a game was designed to compensate via stretch, scale, etc..., for the status bar. A lot of games do.
2) It makes quite a number of games made specifically for 16:9 tablets have better or functional touch UI's so you can actually play them. Dungen Hunter 2 for example will require this. Majesty: Fantasy Kingdom works better with this. Exitium: Saviors of Vardonia needs this to have a fully functional UI in all menu's etc...

Downside:
1) You will have a huge chunk of black space on your status bar. :( Maybe someone more bord can go elaborate and write a toggle button for this or something. I'm not there yet. Lmao. & I've gotten used to it, so it's not that ugly anymore. I rather have functionality over pretty until ICS comes out.

Instructions:
Back up your
/system/framework/framework.apk
/system/app/SystemUI.apk

copy provided framework.apk to /system
copy provided SystemUI.apk to /system

change permissions of provided framework.apk to RW-R--R--
change permissions of provided SystemUI.apk to RW-R--R--

move provided framework.apk to /system/framework and overwrite
move provided SystemUI.apk to /system/app and overwrite

dungeon hunter 2 and exitium are the best example of what this tweak makes work.
for dungeon hunter 2: the graphics and touch control graphics are aligned to the bottom of the screen while their respective touch location on the screen is aligned to the top. the offset between touch location and graphic makes the game unplayable.
for exitium: the menus and stuff overlaps, you can't even access your cash account online to grab your free coins for buying the game. a lot of menus are overlapped, armor screens are overlapped, etc... because the aspect ratio the GUI was designed for is 16:9.

Game List that this tweak helps on (more 2 come):
Dungeon Hunter 2 Samsung GP1000 version + must have ChainFire3D and Reduce Texture to 16bit.
Exitium: Saviors of Vardonia
Asphalt 5 Samsung GP1000 version

Attachments

• framework-res.apk
    2.7 MB · Views: 126
  • SystemUI.apk
    344.2 KB · Views: 101
  • screen_20111219_1948.jpg
    screen_20111219_1948.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 1,056
  • screen_20111219_1950_1.jpg
    screen_20111219_1950_1.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 1,002
  • screen_20111219_1952_2.jpg
    screen_20111219_1952_2.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 715
  • screen_20111219_1954.jpg
    screen_20111219_1954.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 838
  • screen_20111219_2008.jpg
    screen_20111219_2008.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 748
  • screen_20111219_2009.jpg
    screen_20111219_2009.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 671
  • screen_20111219_2011.jpg
    screen_20111219_2011.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 661
  • screen_20111221_0509.jpg
    screen_20111221_0509.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 820
Last edited:

rogabean

Sep 9, 2008
Chicago
I'm assuming this wouldn't work on the MIUI ROM.

But you did answer my question about why I couldn't get Dungeon Hunter 2 or Sacred Odyssey working.

qwerty007

Jun 4, 2008
I'm assuming this wouldn't work on the MIUI ROM.

But you did answer my question about why I couldn't get Dungeon Hunter 2 or Sacred Odyssey working.

well, you need ChainFire3D to get some of the gameloft games working.
toggle 16bit textures on. & try the Nvidia and THD plugins.

:) this is in addition to ChainFire3D. like Dungeon Hunter 2 was unplayable even when working due to the touch positions being displaced from the visual UI. this helps the put the visual UI @ their touch positions.

also, after you purchase the game from gameloft, you'll have to search the net for the Samsung Galaxy P1000 Tablet apk of the game. there's a thread at rootzwiki on game compatibility that gives a lot of info on how to get some of these games working.

http://rootzwiki.com/topic/7709-gameloft-compatibility-thread-with-working-version-s/

Last edited:
Reactions: sl0play

Sychodrama

Nov 28, 2011
Ok so when I play asphalt 6 it looks like the borders are cut off. I cant see the whole car or other things around the border. Is this what this will fix? Sry for the newbism.

madflava54

Jun 7, 2010
well you guys should really post what's wrong with it when you play it if you're gonna ask questions like this. lol. tested, it seems to be working fine.

Sorry. The game loads and you can log in if you actually signed up and the screen is just black and you can hear music. I also went into settings and disabled the status bar when an app wants full screen and this did not fix the game from staying just black and having music.

Last edited:

qwerty007

Jun 4, 2008
Sorry. The game loads and you can log in if you actually signed up and the screen is just black and you can hear music. I also went into settings and disabled the status bar when an app wants full screen and this did not fix the game from staying just black and having music.

hmm. im not having this problem. using CM stock A3.5. with ChainFire3D installed but default options only. the initial log in, i had to press hide status bar. then worked fine after that.

Crsdr37

Aug 3, 2010
Concord
I open asphalt 6 and it says incompatible device request refund

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

madflava54

Jun 7, 2010
hmm. im not having this problem. using CM stock A3.5. with ChainFire3D installed but default options only. the initial log in, i had to press hide status bar. then worked fine after that.

Interesting. Maybe I will clean install or something. I tried using chainfire but I am not sure if I am installing the plugins properly. Nothing seems to happen when I try to enable a plugin. Do I need pro?

And you can see your "kingdom"? I'm shocked that the game is working for you.

qwerty007

Jun 4, 2008
Interesting. Maybe I will clean install or something. I tried using chainfire but I am not sure if I am installing the plugins properly. Nothing seems to happen when I try to enable a plugin. Do I need pro?

And you can see your "kingdom"? I'm shocked that the game is working for you.

yeah, works perfectly fine as far as i can tell. i planted crap and got to level 5 so far, working fine. menu's fine on the patched up systemui and framework-res.

madflava54

Jun 7, 2010
yeah, works perfectly fine as far as i can tell. i planted crap and got to level 5 so far, working fine. menu's fine on the patched up systemui and framework-res.

Whoa, I tried reinstalling without doing anything different and I am stuck on a "Loading" screen. I've been on it for about 10 minutes. About how long did it take you to get past this screen?

Yeah, the game is stuck on the Loading screen. It should be saying "Downloading content" or something like that. Bummer. Not sure what is going on.

I even uninstalled xron and installed CM 7 3.5 and I am stuck on the "loading" screen.

Last edited:

qwerty007

Jun 4, 2008

ok, googled the issue, and read complaints about not being able to connect & apparently the game makers of this game are retarded; this game has an issue, not device specific, where people can't connect to the content servers. & are SOL because the game developer is completely ignoring the issue. some people complained about un-install, then re-install, and bricked the game. so I tried that, and bam! stuck at loading screen like you. lmao! i guess try to make a new account and see if that'll let you in. the first time i tried it was with a new acct. obviously it's a server or major development problem if you can get in with new accounts but can't get in with an already active one.

add: no luck with new account either. maybe it's just random luck to get into the content download server? lmao. :) sry, i didn't think ahead and titanium back my app data for you & me before i un-installed and re-installed. lol. i guess if someone out there could provide titanium back up data on this apps external data we could just restore that and avoid having to connect to download it. :)

Last edited:

dtwconsulting

Sep 19, 2006
I open asphalt 6 and it says incompatible device request refund

Sent from my PC36100 using xda premium

I get this on Backstab too and don't know how to resolve the issue. Also have a problem with Bejeweled 2, it won't even start to download the 40MB of extra data that is needed :( just sits there are 0%. Actually the 0% changes to NaN!!

Top Liked Posts