Tweak to hide the keyboard SIP on screen (include cab)

Search This thread

iPeP

Feb 5, 2006
Sorry for my bad english ... google english ...

Then that same one, time towards which was looking for the way to completely hide the keyboard that appears to us in the screen in the Qtek 9000 and Qtek 9100 (also the trick with other WM5 would be compatible, but must have physical keyboard).

That keyboard did not do more than to bother to me, see at the most inopportune moments cut the screen, and was almost half of her the one that in oblong way, so I put myself to navigate and to look for by the registry until I gave with the key...

We took hold the publisher of registry and we go away to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sip key where they will appear to us some keys, those that interest to us they are these DWORD:

- AllowChange with value of 1 that we will change to 0
- DragStyle with a value of 0 which we will change to 1
- MenuBarHeight with a value of 52 (Qtek 9000) or 26 (Qtek 9100) which we will change to 1

Soft-Reset and, already we will have the totally hidden keyboard, to return to activate it we would have to the values of origin.

Regards

Attachments

• hide_the_keyboard.cab
    385 bytes · Views: 708

zago187

Mar 14, 2006
We took hold the publisher of registry and we go away to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\ControlPanel\Sip key where they will appear to us some keys, those that interest to us they are these DWORD:

- AllowChange with value of 1 that we will change to 0
- DragStyle with a value of 0 which we will change to 1
- MenuBarHeight with a value of 52 (Qtek 9000) or 26 (Qtek 9100) which we will change to 1
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What I want is disable the automatic appereance of the keyboard (like when I open IE), so can I use the keyboard (on display) if I just tap the icon below??? Or is it all gone after these reg tweaks???

vijay555

Retired Moderator
Jun 4, 2005
Witch Space
www.vijay555.com
zago187: it sounds like this is physically shrinking the size of the window. But I guess it will require a reboot to show it again.

If you just click on the normal keyboard icon, it should hide it. Otherwise, use a null keyboard SIP. Otherwise, use VJSipSwitch and hide keyboard. Otherwise, use this registry hack if it works ok for your needs.

V

zago187

Mar 14, 2006
vijay555 said:
zago187: it sounds like this is physically shrinking the size of the window. But I guess it will require a reboot to show it again.

If you just click on the normal keyboard icon, it should hide it. Otherwise, use a null keyboard SIP. Otherwise, use VJSipSwitch and hide keyboard. Otherwise, use this registry hack if it works ok for your needs.

V

Allright,tnx mate. But what I want is disable the automatic keyboard apereance. Does this registry hack cancel the keyboardfunction? anyone tried it yet???