[Tweak]U.S.A.Sv6

Search This thread

knaries2000

Apr 13, 2009
There are 3 optimization that is done by this update. I fine that the change for writeback journal mount option is worthwhile. I wonder why writeback isn't the default mount option for /data and /cache partitions. I am sure the dev have discussed about it though. Anyways, unfortunately the way this patch try to achieve this does not really work. I understand why the dev did it this way though (using remount), probably because he wanted to support many different devices easily. You will have to follow this thread to do it the correct way. Of course do this only if you know what you are doing.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=819580

I did it in recovery using adb with the following commands.

adb shell tune2fs -o journal_data_writeback /dev/block/mmcblk0p27
adb shell tune2fs -o journal_data_writeback /dev/block/mmcblk0p26

mmcblk0p27 is my /cache partition
mmcblk0p26 is my /data partition

Last edited:

Onefast

Feb 24, 2010
Yes it was covered but not answered.

I found if you only push the
/system/etc and /system/lib files (leaving out /system/bin) it will still predict names in
stock SMS app. Still seems a bit snappier when scrolling too...
Sent from my HTC Glacier using xda premium

blahblah1227

Apr 9, 2009
I flashed this.. How can u tell it flashed correctly? Or installed? Cuz I don't notice any improvements and i get same quadrant scores..

Edit: nevermind I got it working had to manual push wit root explorer.. Good stuff

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA App

Last edited:

Onefast

Feb 24, 2010
It's like wut most peepo say.. 300-500 increase wit quadrant.. Is that wut ur gettin?

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA App

Running vu 2.35 with unity v6 oc'd to the max... Pretty good for a sense ROM. And that was with home screens loaded with widgets and everything still running in the background

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1315535755704.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1315535755704.jpg
    44 KB · Views: 495

cnote74

Nov 26, 2010
oklahoma city
I see that there is know a universal v7. Is this compatible with our phone yet?

The universal v7 tweak is compatible just make a nandroid just incase and if it doesn't flash right just push the files with root explorer or super manager.

RavenWulf

Jun 15, 2010
Texas
Very nice, I'm running v7 on VU 2.37 and it is smooth as silk even with me running under clocked to 1017. Just wish this was available for my Acer A500 tablet

xxpada

Nov 27, 2008
phoenix
make sure you clear cache then install zip, then clear dalvik. never lost root using that process bro
Does root still work on this now? Last time I tried this, I lost root for all my apps so had to back out :(

ftw.. (fyi official cool guy setup!)
ROM:: OFFICIAL MIUI.us 1.9.23
KERNEL:: 2.6.35.14 demonSPEED INSANITY v10

Reactions: mackster248

Onefast

Feb 24, 2010
I was having same issue on my g2 with this tweak. It kills auto search feature on sense roms.

Sent from my MyTouch 4G Slide using xda premium

Don't install the libsqlite.so file (under /system/lib/libsqlite.so). Use winRar and erase it from the zip, or just don't install it if you used root explorer to cut and paste... Works for me

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    These are some tweaks created by dsexton702 that offer you a generous performance boost in I/O and giving you the newest fugu mod 3.1. This is a fast growing tweak and needs to be shared with everyone who can benefit from it

This has been tested on MT4G

download the U.S.A.Sv6

OP: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1236779
    Oh wow thanks man. You are quite the dev god in the SGS4G forums. So I know this is some quality stuff that people should give a shot.

BTW, do you wipe cache and dalvik before flashing or just straight up flash it?

I had to push the files to the proper location then fix permissions on unity 2.35

Sent from my SGH-T959V using xda premium
    How do I reverse this tweak?

Reflash your ROM without wiping your data
    That should work and the mod will be removed however any other mods you had will also be removed so you will have to flash them again

how did you flash it ??

manual push or flash thru clockwork recovery??

I am also on Virtuous Unity 2.35.0

I flashed mine through clockwork and it worked fine

make sure you clear cache then install zip, then clear dalvik. never lost root using that process bro
    Does root still work on this now? Last time I tried this, I lost root for all my apps so had to back out :(

ftw.. (fyi official cool guy setup!)
    ROM:: OFFICIAL MIUI.us 1.9.23
    KERNEL:: 2.6.35.14 demonSPEED INSANITY v10