Tweak your S4 Mini and enable secret CSC features (requires root)

Search This thread

Dark_Horse

Apr 16, 2008
London
Take a look a this thread for the Note 2 which shows how to enable secret CSC features for the stock Samsung ROM.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2033894

Also works for other Samsung phones, I tried this on my S4 Mini Plus i9195i and it works perfectly :highfive:

There's no feature.xml in System/CSC on the S4 Mini Plus so I put the XML code into the others.xml file in the same directory. The tweaks I tried are these:

Enable sub Symbols on Stock Samsung keyboard
Code:
<CscFeature_Sip_UseSymbolInCMKey>true</CscFeature_Sip_UseSymbolInCMKey>
<CscFeature_Sip_EnableSymbolInSecondary>de;en_US;en_GB</CscFeature_Sip_EnableSymbolInSecondary>

Add exit menu to stock web browser
Code:
<CscFeature_Web_AddOptionToTerminate>true</CscFeature_Web_AddOptionToTerminate>

Confirm whether you want to exit the browser
Code:
<CscFeature_Web_EnablePromptToExit>true</CscFeature_Web_EnablePromptToExit>

Add shutter sound on/off menu to stock camera app
Code:
<CscFeature_Camera_ShutterSoundMenu>true</CscFeature_Camera_ShutterSoundMenu>

All working great but requires root (see my post here for rooting the S4 Mini Plus i9195i).

Don't forget to backup others.xml before editing and if you take a copy to change and then put back, make sure you reapply permissions to the new file to it can be read properly.

Reactions: HemanthJabalpuri

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Take a look a this thread for the Note 2 which shows how to enable secret CSC features for the stock Samsung ROM.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2033894

Also works for other Samsung phones, I tried this on my S4 Mini Plus i9195i and it works perfectly :highfive:

There's no feature.xml in System/CSC on the S4 Mini Plus so I put the XML code into the others.xml file in the same directory. The tweaks I tried are these:

Enable sub Symbols on Stock Samsung keyboard
    Code:
    <CscFeature_Sip_UseSymbolInCMKey>true</CscFeature_Sip_UseSymbolInCMKey>
    <CscFeature_Sip_EnableSymbolInSecondary>de;en_US;en_GB</CscFeature_Sip_EnableSymbolInSecondary>

Add exit menu to stock web browser
    Code:
    <CscFeature_Web_AddOptionToTerminate>true</CscFeature_Web_AddOptionToTerminate>

Confirm whether you want to exit the browser
    Code:
    <CscFeature_Web_EnablePromptToExit>true</CscFeature_Web_EnablePromptToExit>

Add shutter sound on/off menu to stock camera app
    Code:
    <CscFeature_Camera_ShutterSoundMenu>true</CscFeature_Camera_ShutterSoundMenu>

All working great but requires root (see my post here for rooting the S4 Mini Plus i9195i).

Don't forget to backup others.xml before editing and if you take a copy to change and then put back, make sure you reapply permissions to the new file to it can be read properly.