• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[TWICEWEEKLY][ROM][2.3.7][GWK74] Unofficial CM7 "nightly" builds for AT&T Samsung S2

Search This thread

sam3000

Jul 11, 2009
Seattle
[TWICEWEEKLY][ROM][2.3.7][GWK74] Unofficial CM7 "nightly" builds for AT&T Samsung S2

Hi,

I've been posting new unofficial "nightly" builds in the official CM7 nightly thread roughly twice per week for a while now. Many people seem to have appreciated their availability so I'm spinning out a separate thread to distinguish them from "official" builds and make them easier to locate.

Builds are performed (and uploaded) automatically every Wednesday and Saturday evening and should be visible by around 21:00 PST. The most recent commit included in the build is listed in the download table (link below) and the changelog can be found here.

They are pure, unadulterated CM7 (compiled with CYANOGEN_NIGHTLY=1). update-squished.zip is then renamed based on the build name taken from ro.modversion in system/build.prop and then uploaded to the webpage referenced below.

For further information on CM7 and how to install etc, please view the beginning of the official nightly thread .

If you want to use a different kernel, flash it on top of the nightly (though you probably want to consider using the Kernel Cleaning Script in between the nightly and kernel zip flashes).

Enjoy your flashing fix :) (I know I do)

Download page:
https://s3.amazonaws.com/cyanogenmodbuild.s3.mortimer.me.uk/index.html

attachment.php

Attachments

• screenshot-1327885673603.jpg
    screenshot-1327885673603.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 17,206
Last edited:

kokice

Jul 21, 2007
I've been running your builds for about a month. Thanks for everything you contribute to the community and for organizing your work into its own thread.

K Rich

Aug 2, 2011
SoCal
These are the fastest ROMs I've ever run. Please keep them up and if there is anything I can do, please ask!

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

weird, the last two nightly's I've tried to flash, it gets stuck at the "galaxy s II" screen?
wiped dalvik

Last edited:

ou812bkewl

Dec 11, 2010
Orange
Are you coming from a hellraised rom? Try flashing a stock based rom and then cm7.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using xda premium

that was my problem too. the op might want to add this to the instructions on the page with the download links. I'd hate to have followed the instructions only to find it don't flash after formatting my system folder. :eek: otherwise, great work!!

daddioj

Jul 23, 2011
Poconos
actually did a full wipe of the phone. coming from a stock rom. if have the recovery from the SiyahKernel v2.6.11 installed

daddioj

Jul 23, 2011
Poconos
Last edited:

RockRatt

Aug 1, 2010
have to use a kernel cleaning script even when doing a full wipe? i wouldnt think so right? but opinions would be appriciated

no matter what i do i get staus 7 aborted installation. but i never tried flashing a rom clearing cache then flashing on top. but hopeing not to do that.

any other rom installs perfect

What rom are you coming from? If is one that makes it think it is a i9100 then that is the cause. Give me a few minutes and i will put a link to flash just the kernel and cleaning script all in one so you get past it. Then once you flash it while still in recovery flash the full kang build.

Sent From My KickAss ATT SGS2 SPORTING CM7

daddioj

Jul 23, 2011
Poconos
not coming off of no rom. except stock. but i am wiping the phone completely clean. system. cache. d cache etc.

rvt1000

Feb 27, 2008
Oxnard
Please don't castrate me if thie ? has already been asked but are you nightlies wipe or non-wipe? Sounds like non wipe coming from older cm7 builds right?

Thanks for doing this buddy!!

Crymson

Apr 24, 2008
Thanks for the update!

I noticed the "Fast Connection" option in the Bluetooth settings, which seemed to fix my bluetooth problem... is it new or did I just miss it before?

Turning that on, then turning bluetooth off/on, and connecting to Ford SYNC, media ONLY, seems to work...hopefully it continues to.

Edit:

Oops, looks like i spoke too soon... still having same issue.

It was working briefly though, until I connected again. It is only Google Listen, Google Music is not affected...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Hi,

I've been posting new unofficial "nightly" builds in the official CM7 nightly thread roughly twice per week for a while now. Many people seem to have appreciated their availability so I'm spinning out a separate thread to distinguish them from "official" builds and make them easier to locate.

Builds are performed (and uploaded) automatically every Wednesday and Saturday evening and should be visible by around 21:00 PST. The most recent commit included in the build is listed in the download table (link below) and the changelog can be found here.

They are pure, unadulterated CM7 (compiled with CYANOGEN_NIGHTLY=1). update-squished.zip is then renamed based on the build name taken from ro.modversion in system/build.prop and then uploaded to the webpage referenced below.

For further information on CM7 and how to install etc, please view the beginning of the official nightly thread .

If you want to use a different kernel, flash it on top of the nightly (though you probably want to consider using the Kernel Cleaning Script in between the nightly and kernel zip flashes).

Enjoy your flashing fix :) (I know I do)

Download page:

attachment.php
    A new build today CyanogenMod-7-01292012-NIGHTLY-Galaxys2ATT is now available:
    Just to let everyone know - now that build+upload is automated (see first post in this thread), I don't plan to post every time a new build gets put up.

Please just check the download page every wed and sat night.

I could move the build hour slightly earlier so it's not so late for east coasters. Currently, it will finish uploading shortly before 21:00 PST (on wed and sat).
    Hi,

These are the fastest ROMs I've ever run. Please keep them up and if there is anything I can do, please ask!

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

weird, the last two nightly's I've tried to flash, it gets stuck at the "galaxy s II" screen?
    wiped dalvik

I've had problems too - updating CM7 whilst running siyah. It's always fine without siyah installed.

The very handy cm7 stock kernel reverter that RockRatt just posted can be use to work around this by making your overall update procedure as follows:

1) revert to CM7 stock kernel (using RockRatt zip)
    2) update CM7
    3) reinstall siyah
    I have never run a CM& build but am running MIUI now. Anyone cre to chime in on the pluses or minus of this rom versus MIUI?

I was running MIUI for a while, awesome ROM, beautiful as hell.

I personally like CyanogenMod a bit more because it is closer to vanilla Android than MIUI. MIUI customizes absolutely everything giving you an iOS-ish experience. I love how easy it is to customize it and find beautiful themes for it within the ROM itself. It is also very fast. The status bar is completely different in MIUI. I personally like it very much.

Cyanogen is also very fast and easy to customize, but MIUI wins by a mile on how easy it is. Cyanogen has a DSP manager and its own settings section under the regular settings menu.

There's an ICS framework based MIUI but you won't see any ICS features, just the speed improvement. Also not all apps are currently compatible. Dragon Go wouldn't install on it.

I doubt MIUI will get all the ICS features since they have their own experience, Cyanogen in contrast will have all ICS features and then some.

Hope this was helpful. Try them both and decide for yourself! :)

Sent from my SGH-I777 using XDA App