• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

Twinview missed opportunity...?

Search This thread

carnagecjb

Jul 19, 2007
Lexington, KY
I've done a lot of internet searching, and had a couple of chats with Asus support, but I could still be missing something. So, please, correct me if I'm wrong (especially if you have hands-on knowledge).

LG has a couple of phones that support adding a secondary screen with a case. When doing so, that secondary screen becomes able to be a touchscreen gamepad for the game on the top screen. Or a keyboard for the application on the top screen.

Everything I've found so far (and confirmed from support) indicates this is not possible with the Twinview. And support can't/won't comment on if it will become at all possible in the future.

It seems to me that this could be a pretty big selling point, especially considering the lack of game support currently in place...

NajimKiSaad

Dec 2, 2014
Bari
I am pretty sure it will be possible, since you will use ROG PHONE 2 as a keyboard, and the second upper screen as the main screen, since it is 120Hz and got the same resolution of Rog Phone 2.

But I don't think it could be possible, or else they won't sell their KUNAI GAME PADS, since you can use a virtual pad on the lower screen, isn't it? But, a combo with virtual keyboard and main screen, morphing the rog phone into a laptop is very cool, in my opinion!

Sep 26, 2019
This would be a great feature/option for the twinview. But from hands-on experience, both screens independently work as its own. Unless supported like Asphalt 9.

YS9niJG.jpg

QGKlrAY.jpg

0Fx1Guv.jpg

LnLfhFp.jpg

Annie the Eagle

Feb 8, 2011
Classified
dsr.annietheeagle.com
This would be a great feature/option for the twinview. But from hands-on experience, both screens independently work as its own. Unless supported like Asphalt 9.

YS9niJG.jpg

QGKlrAY.jpg

0Fx1Guv.jpg

LnLfhFp.jpg

Do you happen to have Pokemon GO? Can you tell me if you can use the TwinApps feature + Split Screen, and the TwinView dock to get 2 full size Pokemon GO? If you could try this (you don't need to register for it, just in the login screen is good enough) I'd be so appreciative.

Jake.S

Oct 9, 2017
Stockholm
Do you happen to have Pokemon GO? Can you tell me if you can use the TwinApps feature + Split Screen, and the TwinView dock to get 2 full size Pokemon GO? If you could try this (you don't need to register for it, just in the login screen is good enough) I'd be so appreciative.

Only few games are currently supporting twinview accessory. Such as Asphalt 9 supports it, so it ads a map/GPS type on phone screen with your controls and then actual driving screen on 2nd display above.

So it's up to the app developer to support this or not, it does not have anything to do with Asus or so.

Windfurian

Oct 25, 2019

I can confirm this works, i do this with my ROG 2 and twinview, two independent accounts running simultaneously

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

YS9niJG.jpg

QGKlrAY.jpg

0Fx1Guv.jpg

LnLfhFp.jpg