• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

Two New Android Gaming Devices, Xperia Play alternatives

Search This thread

BensJammin

Feb 15, 2008
I had an Xperia Z + Gameklip combo and something just didnt feel right about it. Maybe I just hate the PS3 controller. I really like the look of the x360 layout on the moga though. Might get a new moga when I find out what phone my missus had got me for xmas!

I have to say that I do love my Much i5 though. Despite its size, it does me well for everything.

iRhyiku

Jan 23, 2011
Right after reviewing all the sites, I'm thinking of getting the iReadyGo Much i5.
The battery looks good, it looks comfortable and has an analogue stick.

What got me though was a video of it playing Zelda: OOT in full speed with analogue sticks and all!
Unfortunately I wont get paid until January, so it'll have to wait till then, but on ebay they are selling them for around £120, I can afford that ^^

Now is there any custom ROMS for this phablet thing? I do like my Cyanogenmod :rolleyes:

BensJammin

Feb 15, 2008
Right after reviewing all the sites, I'm thinking of getting the iReadyGo Much i5.

What got me though was a video of it playing Zelda: OOT in full speed with analogue sticks and all!
Unfortunately I wont get paid until January, so it'll have to wait till then, but on ebay they are selling them for around £120, I can afford that ^^

Now is there any custom ROMS for this phablet thing? I do like my Cyanogenmod :rolleyes:

I may be reluctantly selling mine just after Xmas as my missus has bought me a new phone for Xmas (which was quite annoying but nice at the same time) and I have a jxd s7800b in the post so can't justify all devices. I don't really want to though as I love this phone.

Sent from my MUCH i5 using Tapatalk

insane5125

Jun 5, 2013
Dubach

No custom rims sadly, but I. Hoping that the phone will get bigger publicity. So we can get some developers working on it.

Sent from my HTC One X using xda premium

iRhyiku

Jan 23, 2011
I may be reluctantly selling mine just after Xmas as my missus has bought me a new phone for Xmas (which was quite annoying but nice at the same time) and I have a jxd s7800b in the post so can't justify all devices. I don't really want to though as I love this phone.

So it's a good phone then?

No custom rims sadly, but I. Hoping that the phone will get bigger publicity. So we can get some developers working on it.

That's a shame, maybe I should develop for it lol
I am taking a programming course in Uni and have dual booted Linux which I'm not really using atm... ;)

BensJammin

Feb 15, 2008
So it's a good phone then?

That's a shame, maybe I should develop for it lol
I am taking a programming course in Uni and have dual booted Linux which I'm not really using atm... ;)

I would definitely say its a good phone. And to be honest, I don't feel custom Roms are needed. With jxd for example, custom Roms are a necessity, but ireadygo has made a really good one here. Not only that but they release updates frequently, one more today actually, that are done via WiFi painlessly. Can't recommend this phone enough, provided you don't mind the size.

iRhyiku

Jan 23, 2011
I would definitely say its a good phone. And to be honest, I don't feel custom Roms are needed. With jxd for example, custom Roms are a necessity, but ireadygo has made a really good one here. Not only that but they release updates frequently, one more today actually, that are done via WiFi painlessly. Can't recommend this phone enough, provided you don't mind the size.

Yeah I understand that it is just I have a love for theming mainly :eek: Guess i could download the update .zip and theme that... hmm...

It's hard to get reliable information on the size, would you mind sharing the dimensions of the product? :)

BensJammin

Feb 15, 2008
Yeah I understand that it is just I have a love for theming mainly :eek: Guess i could download the update .zip and theme that... hmm...

It's hard to get reliable information on the size, would you mind sharing the dimensions of the product? :)

I don't have exact sizes to hand but I'd say its just a bit smaller than a PS vita as I keep mine in a vita case and its a very good fit. Hope that helps

Reactions: iRhyiku

BensJammin

Feb 15, 2008
Hate to necro but DealExtreme has the JXD S7800B on sale with free shipping for $48

http://dx.com/p/jxd-s7800-7-capacit...-4-2-smart-handheld-game-console-black-255065

Buying one now.

---------- Post added at 02:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:01 AM ----------

Lame, price went to $98 in the last 10 minutes

Too late.... ordered one. Got my confirmation email, then a email detailing that the price listed was in error, figures, and that my order was cancelled/refunded. Although I read some were able to get there's at the price of $48 with free standard shipping...

Look what arrived yesterday @ozzmanj1 :laugh:

DX actually honoured some of their orders! Absolute steal at £29! Seems DX have done some product testing too as the units came well charged and with a QA PASSED sticker attached, which the Willgoo and other resellers didnt have. Everything seems to work, screen is responsive all over, all sticks and buttons work. DX have really been good here. :victory:

Still might sell it though as I love my Much i5.

On another note, how was the Xiaomi phone in the end? I know you didnt like the over saturated nature of the screen but in general how was it?

I'm really tempted to go for the Xioami Mi3.... Tegra 4 in a phone....... its an ANIMAL!!!!! lol

Attachments

• IMG_20140106_183624.jpg
    IMG_20140106_183624.jpg
    250.5 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_20140106_183714.jpg
    IMG_20140106_183714.jpg
    255.3 KB · Views: 136
  • IMG_20140106_183851.jpg
    IMG_20140106_183851.jpg
    254 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_20140106_184951.jpg
    IMG_20140106_184951.jpg
    231.4 KB · Views: 202
Reactions: ozzmanj1

iRhyiku

Jan 23, 2011
Okay so I'm getting my Much i5s tomorrow!
Anybody who's got this phone give me any tips of what I should do first to set it up? is it gonna be already in english or do i need to go into settings etc.

I'll record both my PLAY and MUCHi5s playing games and that later tomorrow and upload them then for comparisons for people, any games you want me to play for you say now so I can sort that out asap ^^

BensJammin

Feb 15, 2008
Where and how much are you going to sell it?

Sorry for the late reply mate. It went on Friday. It lasted less than 2 weeks. Quality was atrocious compared to my much i5. Screen had a weird deep warm hue to it, buttons were cheap as hell, dpad was spongy. Overall, despite being less powerful, I prefer my much a hundred times over and although I no longer use it as a phone it still gets used daily, and battery life is immense!

Sent from my Mlais MX58 Air using Tapatalk

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Nothing like xplay!!!

Sent from my R800i using xda app-developers app
    So earlier this week I bought a Xiaomi Mi-1s on eBay. Xiaomi is the company that created the Miui from android. So I have been playing with this phone. It is way more powerful then the Play. I loaded up the same game and thebacreen on the mew phone is so much brighter and sharper. High and bright colors. Never mind the CPU/gpu. Bit anyways tried to play the game on the touchacreen and instantly remembered how much I hate touchscreen. So I loaded up. A moga game. MC4 to be exact. But then I realize how horrible and a pita it is to use android carry the moga controller. Also the moga kept disconnecting and them would not reconnect. So just to setup to play a game with touchsreen is terrible. The Play. Load the game slide out the controls and play. Easy as that. No additional steps or seperate device require. Needless to say I will be selling the Xiaomi phone. Or perhaps. I will sell my wife's phone and give her this phone as it is a Chinese phone imported here.

So again. Of you game and don't want to deal with Bluetooth devices that wont work. The Play is still the best option 2+ years later.

Sent from my R800at using xda premium
    Okay so I'm getting my Much i5s tomorrow!
    Anybody who's got this phone give me any tips of what I should do first to set it up? is it gonna be already in english or do i need to go into settings etc.

I'll record both my PLAY and MUCHi5s playing games and that later tomorrow and upload them then for comparisons for people, any games you want me to play for you say now so I can sort that out asap ^^
    Just wanted everyone to know that some videos were posted of the JXD s7800A (the weaker one), and it looks so freaking awesome. It seems to handle everything very well, and this is the weaker model. The device also goes portrait view no problem, which is totally sweet. Check this forum post http://boards.dingoonity.org/jxd-devices/jxd-s7800-quad-core-will-be-released!/ to see some vids of emulation, the unboxing, and some nice photos of the device. I bought my s7800B a few weeks ago, and apparently it's delayed, which sucks, but I'm willing to wait since this thing is going to rule so much. Enjoy! I'm stoked to get mine!
    I'm agree with you %100

i put my post before ( http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2440381&page=2 post #19 ) reading your comments here and found out how much your opinion is same as me :highfive:

xperia play is still the one ! me , same as you , can't use MOGA or any other external gamepad (( specially on my office !!! ))
    the best phone for game is a phone with a hidden dedicated gamepad

i hope someday sony or samsung or any other famous brand produce that

edit :
    I NEVER TRUST CHINESE COMPANIES

90+% of the worlds products are made in China, the PLAY was made in China. And just becuase its not a Sony or Samsung doesnt mean its automatically garbage. In fact this phone is extremely well built, the Xiaomi Mi-1S. I am very impressed with it. And I wasnt saying it was junk, just saying that if I want to play games the PLAY is the way to go.

So again, not saying everything made in CH is good but very few items now a days are not made in China.

All major manufactures use China to build their products.

Edit - My wife was born in China. They made her pretty good.... lol.