How To Guide Two ways to backup TB-J706F without unlocking bootloader.

Search This thread

f1tm0t

Jan 1, 2022
Lenovo P11
For many users, unlocking the bootloader is unacceptable, because the tablet will stop updating via OTA. However, there are ways to save important partitions without unlocking them, which can be useful in case of damage during flashing or update.
1. The first method is described here. It works, I tested it. The Read button reads the partition to a file, the Load button writes from the image file to the partition.
Disadvantages: you can't copy the whole FS of the tablet at once, you have to copy the partitions one by one.
2. The second way goes here. It works on Linux, Windows, and MacOS. I checked it on the Live CD Mint 20.2. The tablet was recognized, the partition table was read and I successfully copied one boot partition.
Disadvantages: Difficult for Windows users.
Cons: You can copy selected partitions in any combination or the whole tablet at once.
---
It is very likely that these 2 methods will work for other models of tablets as well...

f1tm0t

Jan 1, 2022
Lenovo P11
Tested fixed version some days ago - now --skip option works fine. Dump of all partitions in one folder (except biggest userdata:
Dumps.png

Top Liked Posts