• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!
  • Fill out your device list and let everyone know which phones you have!    Edit Your Device Inventory

TWPR or fastboot not working for DIG-L21HN?

Search This thread

dblokillo

Apr 29, 2019
Hello!
I am following the 'How to root DIG-L21HN' phone thread, and after downloading the images they provided (they are supposed to be modified TWRP for this specific model, or so I understood) and flashing them using the 'fastboot flash recovery 1streco.img' command my computer shows the following:
target reported max download size of 532676608 bytes
sending 'recovery' (21456 KB)...
OKAY [ 0.680s]
writing 'recovery'...
OKAY [ 0.447s]
finished. total time: 1.136s
However, when I try to get into recovery mode on the phone itself, I am greeted with the default Huawei recovery, and not TWRP. I tried downloading another TWRP file from another site, supposedly for the same model, but got the same results...
One other interesting thing I noticed is that the phone does not boot into fastboot mode if I use the command on the PC, but it does if I manually do it (vol down + power).
OEM is unlocked, USB debugging in on, fastboot is enabled and I can see the device using the 'fastboot devices' command... It's like if there was another layer of security that I don't know.
What can this be? Any ideas?

sappi13

May 2, 2020
Hello Dear
How you able to unlock bootloader?
Screenshot 2021-06-16 at 7.16.26 PM.png

IMG_4601.jpg