TWRP 2.7.1.0 Galaxy Tab 4 7.0

Search This thread

tgalal

Jul 27, 2014
github.com
Quote from General TWRP description by Dees_Troy:

Team Win Recovery Project 2.x, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Recovery image for Tab 4 7.0 uses Linux kernel 3.10.0

Screenshot:

DF5J.png

XDA:DevDB Information
TWRP 2.7.1.0 Galaxy Tab 4 7.0, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4

Contributors
tgalal, Dees_Troy, bigbiff, ketut.kumajaya
ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
Based On: twrp

Version Information
Current Stable Version: 2.7.1.0
Current Beta Version: 2.7.1.0

Created 2014-07-27
Last Updated 2014-07-27

tgalal

Jul 27, 2014
github.com
Reserved

Attached is TWRP 2.7.1.0 for Tab 4 7.0 (SM-T230)
Configuration for building: https://github.com/tgalal/android_device_samsung_degaswifi
Compiled kernel source for SM-T230_EUR_XX from http://opensource.samsung.com/

Install instructions:

For some reason odin 3.09 fails to flash the device. If it's the same case for you, you can give it a try with heimdall it works fine.
Extract the tar file then,
heimdall flash --RECOVERY recovery.img

Here is also another method by nointer. I haven't verified it though.

Feel free to submit changes/ report any bugs/enhancements

Attachments

• recovery.tar
    8.5 MB · Views: 23,166
Last edited:

404-Not Found

Sep 12, 2012
Phoenix
Woah.... Hold on there. Are we talking about the TWRP for the Galaxy Tab 4 7.0 (SM-T230NU). I thought it wasn't possible since it uses Marvell Hardware.

Sent from my SM-T230NU using XDA Free mobile app

nowinter

May 19, 2008
OnePlus Nord N100
Yyyiiii-haaaa!!!:laugh:
flashed with adb, looks perfect!!! SM-T230 Wi-Fi

jic there's someone in need of exact instructions, here's how I did it (needs root)

extract the tar, put recovery.img on device's sdcard

adb shell
su
ls /dev/block/platform/soc.2/by-name/RECOVERY -l
<produces "lrwxrwxrwx root root 2014-07-28 13:34 RECOVERY -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p9>
dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0p9 of=/sdcard/original.recovery.img
dd if=/sdcard/recovery.img of=/dev/block/mmcblk0p9
exit
exit
adb reboot recovery

c'est tout!

ShinySide

Inactive Recognized Developer
Nov 30, 2013
IHB
Install instructions:

For some reason odin 3.09 fails to flash the device. If it's the same case for you, you can give it a try with heimdall it works fine.

You HAVE to add an md5 to flash thru odin on this device. If its not in tar.md5 itll get stuck and eventually fail. I figured that out flashing my kernel

Here ;)

https://mega.co.nz/#!ktcGhD5C!fH2wGFvoS2ljKHkLglb7eWcMATYERiErfbTH9fIZVYs
3052e1d405afffc98e810bcfbc790758

Last edited:
What do you mean about "yet"?

Sent from my SM-T230NU using XDA Free mobile app

I have the S4 and it didn't have Knox until the latest 4.4 Android update and since then it hasn't stopped development, but it might have slowed it down. I don't care if my phone shows the Knox has been tripped for the kernel, recovery, or rom. So if they do implement it on the Tab 4, which I doubt they will (its more of a cheap device for normal people, not businesses), the worst Samsung has done is just scare us with telling us the warranty is void. I wouldn't worry. I doubt it really is coming. I haven't heard it from anyone, so don't take me word for or against it

jokowi

Jun 24, 2014
@tgalal i've been try to build twrp using your code, but always end with error :confused:

Target ram disk: /home/ubuntu1404/cyanogenmod/out/target/product/degaswifi/ramdisk.img
make: *** No rule to make target `/home/ubuntu1404/cyanogenmod/out/target/product/degaswifi/kernel', needed by `/home/ubuntu1404/cyanogenmod/out/target/product/degaswifi/recovery/root.ts'. Stop.

at out folder there's a ramdisk.img with tiny size 367kb only and there is no recovery.img
and i unpack and repack boot.im and get a boot-new.img where i must place this boot-new.img?
thank you

tgalal

Jul 27, 2014
github.com
@tgalal i've been try to build twrp using your code, but always end with error :confused:

Target ram disk: /home/ubuntu1404/cyanogenmod/out/target/product/degaswifi/ramdisk.img
make: *** No rule to make target `/home/ubuntu1404/cyanogenmod/out/target/product/degaswifi/kernel', needed by `/home/ubuntu1404/cyanogenmod/out/target/product/degaswifi/recovery/root.ts'. Stop.

at out folder there's a ramdisk.img with tiny size 367kb only and there is no recovery.img
and i unpack and repack boot.im and get a boot-new.img where i must place this boot-new.img?
thank you

Have you placed the kernel source at kernel/samsung/degaswifi? If you don't want to compile the kernel you can use a prebuilt one (u can extract it from my recovery.img), but then you need to set TARGET_PREBUILT_KERNEL in BoardConfig.mk instead of TARGET_KERNEL_SOURCE

nl3142

Jun 11, 2011
I have the S4 and it didn't have Knox until the latest 4.4 Android update and since then it hasn't stopped development, but it might have slowed it down. I don't care if my phone shows the Knox has been tripped for the kernel, recovery, or rom. So if they do implement it on the Tab 4, which I doubt they will (its more of a cheap device for normal people, not businesses), the worst Samsung has done is just scare us with telling us the warranty is void. I wouldn't worry. I doubt it really is coming. I haven't heard it from anyone, so don't take me word for or against it

They also break Allshare Cast. To be specific, it will immediately disconnect after you connect rather than stay connected like it should. Apparently it checks that the flash counter is set to 0 and if not then it will refuse to stay connected. Sadly nobody has come up with a patched version yet so the only solution is to wait for Triangle Away to support the Tab 4.

nl3142

Jun 11, 2011
Just wondering, does it work with SD cards yet or does everything have to be done using internal memory?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Quote from General TWRP description by Dees_Troy:

Team Win Recovery Project 2.x, or twrp2 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

Recovery image for Tab 4 7.0 uses Linux kernel 3.10.0

Screenshot:

DF5J.png

XDA:DevDB Information
    TWRP 2.7.1.0 Galaxy Tab 4 7.0, ROM for the Samsung Galaxy Tab 4

Contributors
    tgalal, Dees_Troy, bigbiff, ketut.kumajaya
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    Based On: twrp

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: 2.7.1.0
    Current Beta Version: 2.7.1.0

Created 2014-07-27
    Last Updated 2014-07-27
    Reserved

Attached is TWRP 2.7.1.0 for Tab 4 7.0 (SM-T230)
    Configuration for building: https://github.com/tgalal/android_device_samsung_degaswifi
    Compiled kernel source for SM-T230_EUR_XX from http://opensource.samsung.com/

Install instructions:

heimdall flash --RECOVERY recovery.img

Here is also another method by nointer. I haven't verified it though.

Feel free to submit changes/ report any bugs/enhancements
    Unofficial TWRP 2.7.1.1 for galaxy tab 4 7.0 SM-T231(3G)

Unofficial TWRP 2.7.1.1 for galaxy tab 4 7.0 SM-T231(3G)
    Testing version too :)

I build this TWRP using sample source from Team Win Recovery Project
    and useful degas-unpackbootimg for samsung PXA1088.

what is working :

backup
    restore
    wipe dalvik cache
    fix permissions
    gain root from stock
    backup to external sdcard
    built-in filemanager
    vibration

what is not working :
    can not wipe cache partition & little bit tricky to restore system partition.
    and maybe many more, i didn't test all function

In case failed to restore System backup, "E:Unable to mount /system "

Restart/reboot twrp recovery, just restore SYSTEM (single partition),
    MAKE sure to Tap System checkbox in twrp mount menu + md5 not check, before restore it again.
    then restore other partition one by one.

How to flash :
    extract attachment recovery twrp 2.7.1.1 SM-T231 zip first.

Flash through Odin 3.09 > (recovery.img.tar.md5)
    Since this is testing and Unofficial, flash at your own risk
    Minor update

A minor update for unofficial TWRP tab 4.7 SM-T231

Revert back to TWRP 2.7.1.0 engine ;)

change log :

fixed TWRP original color
    fixed restore system partition problem

@tgalal where are you man?, need you to test my SM-T231 twrp for SM-T230 model
    or anyone who have tested my twrp, please test it again if restore working or not
    Install instructions:

You HAVE to add an md5 to flash thru odin on this device. If its not in tar.md5 itll get stuck and eventually fail. I figured that out flashing my kernel

Here ;)

https://mega.co.nz/#!ktcGhD5C!fH2wGFvoS2ljKHkLglb7eWcMATYERiErfbTH9fIZVYs
    3052e1d405afffc98e810bcfbc790758