[TWRP] {2021-10-02} TicWatch Pro 3 GPS / LTE (rubyfish/rover)

Search This thread

BadWolfYe

Hello people!​

Im glad to present the first 100% functional TWRP for our smartwatches

IMG_20211002_161100_788.png

WARNING: YOU NEED YOUR OWN DIY CABLE FOR IT

For install:
- Download attached file...
rover = Ticwatch Pro 3 LTE
rubyfish = Ticwatch Pro 3 GPS
- Put device on fastboot mode (press and hold both buttons on the side until fastboot appears)
- fastboot flash recovery "DEVICE"_recovery.img
If you dont wipe anything (system, vendor ...) The stock recovery back when u reboot to SYSTEM (Therefore you will always have the recovery stock)
- Reboot to recovery and play with it!

Bugs:
- NO DECRYPTION (for now no way for it... If any know how Fix please tell)
- No appear all on backup menú (only, system, boot, cache and internal memory, no know why)
*fixed thanks to @xSylla

CHANGELOG:
2021-10-02:
- Changed kernel to Compiled from @theOriginalSuperl2
- Reworked all device Tree
- Fixed Encryption
- Now can backup all partitions

2021-10-01:
- Initial version with no decryption

SOURCE CODE: https://github.com/ONE-WearOS/device_mobvoi_rubyfish and https://github.com/ONE-WearOS/device_mobvoi_rover
Versión: android-9.0

@Encoh
@theOriginalSuperl2
@Atarii
@xSylla

PXL_20211002_160843237.jpgPXL_20211002_143804871.jpgPXL_20211002_143724116.jpgPXL_20211002_143649746.jpgPXL_20211002_143632320.jpgPXL_20211002_143525224.jpgPXL_20211002_143510520.jpgPXL_20211002_143455173.jpgPXL_20211002_143445784.jpgPXL_20211002_143429589.jpgPXL_20211002_143358287.jpgPXL_20211002_143334104.jpgPXL_20211002_143213193.jpgIMG_20211002_132516.jpgIMG_20211002_143000.jpg

Attachments

• rubyfish_recovery.img
    26.1 MB · Views: 459
  • rover_recovery.img
    26.1 MB · Views: 518
Last edited:

BadWolfYe

Damn, that was quick bro. Been watching this develop for the last 2 days and BAM, here it is. I should have my cable this weekend or Monday. Once i get it rearranged and connecting to my TWP3, i will be available to help if any is needed.

Thanks for the update!
hahahahaha, we've been testing for a long time, but it wasn't until encoh facilitated the dump that I contacted him to see how he did ... and as a result of that we were able to advance much more ...yesterday we already had a semi-functional twrp (it did not mount anything xD)what I don't think I will achieve is decrypting ... I've been with that all day with no results

Reactions: _Sherrif

PlayHarder

Oct 2, 2021
Glad to see this! Thank you guys and ladies for your efforts! (y)

Waiting for 100% TRWP, international rom, and full guide for rover :oops:

k27079024

Feb 9, 2014
is working!! and i try flash the ota update.zip test
because my watch is dev.keys rom but i dont know why

_Sherrif

Jul 15, 2015
Texas ?
OnePlus 9 Pro
Need a little help folks.
Not sure if i am doing something wrong, but i cannot get TWRP to load/boot on my TWP3 (GPS). Here was my steps. I am attaching a copy of my console if it helps.

1. Fastboot unlocked bootloader "fastboot oem unlock". TWP3 is now unlocked.

2. After the watch formats and restarts, i reconnect the DIY cable and ran this command "adb reboot bootloader" the watch reboots to bootloader/fastboot mode.

3. Once the watch gets to the bootloader menu, I then flash the ruby fish TWRP img with this command "fastboot flash recovery rubyfish_recovery.img" Console shows it writes the recovery OK.

4. After the rubyfish_recovery.img has flashed i run this command "fastboot reboot recovery" and it brings me back to bootloader/fastboot mode. I have even flashed the rubyfish_recovery and toggled on the watch to recovery and selected and it brings me back to bootloader/fastboot.

Any guidance would be appreciated with flashing TWRP.

Also, the comment in the OP
If you dont wipe anything (system, vendor ...) The stock recovery back when u reboot to SYSTEM (Therefore you will always have the recovery stock)
I read this as, TWRP will not stay unless you wipe system, vendor and ???. Once i finally get TWRP to boot do i need to wipe anything specific to keep TWRP other than system and vendor? A little confused on this one. Sorry for this newb question.

Thanks

Attachments

• RubyFish-ADB_Console.png
    RubyFish-ADB_Console.png
    57.4 KB · Views: 200

BadWolfYe

Need a little help folks.
Not sure if i am doing something wrong, but i cannot get TWRP to load/boot on my TWP3 (GPS). Here was my steps. I am attaching a copy of my console if it helps.

1. Fastboot unlocked bootloader "fastboot oem unlock". TWP3 is now unlocked.

2. After the watch formats and restarts, i reconnect the DIY cable and ran this command "adb reboot bootloader" the watch reboots to bootloader/fastboot mode.

3. Once the watch gets to the bootloader menu, I then flash the ruby fish TWRP img with this command "fastboot flash recovery rubyfish_recovery.img" Console shows it writes the recovery OK.

4. After the rubyfish_recovery.img has flashed i run this command "fastboot reboot recovery" and it brings me back to bootloader/fastboot mode. I have even flashed the rubyfish_recovery and toggled on the watch to recovery and selected and it brings me back to bootloader/fastboot.

Any guidance would be appreciated with flashing TWRP.

Also, the comment in the OP

I read this as, TWRP will not stay unless you wipe system, vendor and ???. Once i finally get TWRP to boot do i need to wipe anything specific to keep TWRP other than system and vendor? A little confused on this one. Sorry for this newb question.

Thanks

For enter to recovery use bootloader menú. No commands.
When u see "recovery Mode" enter on It
No wipe nothing because actually no exist ROM for recover It (working on it)
When u reboot to SYSTEM the custom recovery no work. Because system patch the custom recovery to stock.

Reactions: _Sherrif

kamalski

Jan 11, 2022
Hello everyone. Hope you are all healthy ... I have a Ticwatch 3 pro GPS and would like to root with twrp and then play a custom Rom on it. Root rights are important to uninstall unnecessary apps
I've been researching here in the forum for 2 days. How can I unlock the bootloader without the cable. Is there a good guide for a beginner that explains everything from bootloader to custom installation? Would be very grateful to you. First of all, I really took the time to find what I was looking for here.

Hello everyone. Hope you are all healthy ... I have a Ticwatch 3 pro GPS and would like to root with twrp and then play a custom Rom on it. Root rights are important to uninstall unnecessary apps
I've been researching here in the forum for 2 days. How can I unlock the bootloader without the cable. Is there a good guide for a beginner that explains everything from bootloader to custom installation? Would be very grateful to you. First of all, I really took the time to find what I was looking for here.
First of all, there is no way to unlock bootloader without a cable

Reactions: kamalski

kamalski

Jan 11, 2022
Don't understand why you have to make things so difficult. Life with Covid is hard enough. Why doesn't anyone help them .... Don't deny that. Is it too much to ask to say yes there is an alternative to rooting or not. My apologies for the inconvenience when I ask. If it only works with cable then I would be happy to receive instructions

So there are no other way to get root and unlock the boatloader of the ticwatch pro 3
Like said in the opening post, you can unlock bootloader, but only with do-it-yourself cable, like modified TicWatch S/E cable. Consult this guide: https://www.reddit.com/r/WearOS/comments/p3oj8i
Once you manage to unlock bootloader, you can try to follow this instructions: Post in thread 'TicWatch Pro 3 development' https://xdaforums.com/t/ticwatch-pro-3-development.4312327/post-86176943

Of course, all you do is on your own responsibility 😉
PS. Remember that rooting the watch can compromise OTA updates. Personally I did not root my watch

kamalski

Jan 11, 2022
Tip Top. Schukran Katir Said. Thank you very much for this answer I will buy a cable on ebay and do this. Good bless you and your family and push covid away

Reactions: Lord Sithek

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No i didn't. I gave up after a couple try's.

There is a telegram channel that may be able to help, if it is still active. Not sure if it is. The link would be in this thread or another Tic Pro 3 thread started by badwolfye or one the other dev's working on this project.

Hope you have better luck.
    For anyone that is having a similar issue. Since I could not get into the custom recovery, I flashed the stock fastboot rom from the wear one os website. Then I tried flashing the custom recovery from fastboot and it worked this time. I'm not sure where I screwed up the first time. Possibly a bad connection with the homemade data cable corrupted something, or an issue with the software version I was running at the time.
    Hello people!​

Im glad to present the first 100% functional TWRP for our smartwatches

IMG_20211002_161100_788.png

WARNING: YOU NEED YOUR OWN DIY CABLE FOR IT

For install:
    - Download attached file...
    rover = Ticwatch Pro 3 LTE
    rubyfish = Ticwatch Pro 3 GPS
    - Put device on fastboot mode (press and hold both buttons on the side until fastboot appears)
    - fastboot flash recovery "DEVICE"_recovery.img
    - Reboot to recovery and play with it!

Bugs:
    - NO DECRYPTION (for now no way for it... If any know how Fix please tell)
    - No appear all on backup menú (only, system, boot, cache and internal memory, no know why)
    *fixed thanks to @xSylla

CHANGELOG:
    2021-10-02:
    - Changed kernel to Compiled from @theOriginalSuperl2
    - Reworked all device Tree
    - Fixed Encryption
    - Now can backup all partitions

2021-10-01:
    - Initial version with no decryption

SOURCE CODE: https://github.com/ONE-WearOS/device_mobvoi_rubyfish and https://github.com/ONE-WearOS/device_mobvoi_rover
    Versión: android-9.0

@Encoh
    @theOriginalSuperl2
    @Atarii
    @xSylla

PXL_20211002_160843237.jpgPXL_20211002_143804871.jpgPXL_20211002_143724116.jpgPXL_20211002_143649746.jpgPXL_20211002_143632320.jpgPXL_20211002_143525224.jpgPXL_20211002_143510520.jpgPXL_20211002_143455173.jpgPXL_20211002_143445784.jpgPXL_20211002_143429589.jpgPXL_20211002_143358287.jpgPXL_20211002_143334104.jpgPXL_20211002_143213193.jpgIMG_20211002_132516.jpgIMG_20211002_143000.jpg
    Post Updated!!!!!
    Soon i update with 100% functional TWRP
    Today or tomorrow
    Yeah sure but it is for the pro 3 gps not the pro 3 ultra gps , so the ftsn customization are not there we cant switch colors , and i cant find the ultra stock fw anywhere! Why? Are they afraid of the pro 3 owner to flash it and get all the new features with9ut upgrading to the ultra hardware?
    Ps: iflashed all the mobvoi stock apps but nothing changed , we need specific vendor for the ultra
    Sure, good to know. I'll get the Ultra 3 LTE dump soon
    No i didn't. I gave up after a couple try's.

There is a telegram channel that may be able to help, if it is still active. Not sure if it is. The link would be in this thread or another Tic Pro 3 thread started by badwolfye or one the other dev's working on this project.

Hope you have better luck.
    For anyone that is having a similar issue. Since I could not get into the custom recovery, I flashed the stock fastboot rom from the wear one os website. Then I tried flashing the custom recovery from fastboot and it worked this time. I'm not sure where I screwed up the first time. Possibly a bad connection with the homemade data cable corrupted something, or an issue with the software version I was running at the time.