[TWRP][3.0.2-0][Huawei G8 & GX8 ][Update 28/12/2016]

Search This thread

xeeth

Jun 22, 2009
Touchscreen not working in TWRP

Ciao guys, I installed TWRP but my touchscreen is not working.. tried to downgrade TWRP to 2.8, then tried 3, 3.02 etc but still, nothing change.. I can't proceed even to unlock the phone when it boot in TWRP in recovery, the phone boot perfectly but as I get to the TWRP lock screen, there is no way my touch respond.. I am quite new in flashing huawei, I just did it as a favor for a friend but now I can't get it work.. anyone can help?
Tried to reinstall, reboot, uninstall, erase recovery and reinstall.. nothing, seems not working at all!

What I can do to extract any log that can help you in understanding better the situation?

Thanks to anyone can help me solve this

dockaos

Oct 6, 2012
Hola, alguien tiene el toro en mega o en algún otro servidor? Por mucho que intento descargarlo o me sale en formato .iso o corrupto, no hay manera.

Enviado desde mi HUAWEI RIO-L01 mediante Tapatalk

grungle25

Jul 27, 2016
How to download this file

TWRP Update for Android N !

This release is compatible Android N and also Android MM .

Downloads : twrp-recovery-N.img - 30.17 MB

Installations : fastboot flash recovery twrp-recovery-N.img

Screensots :

Screenshot_2016_12_28_15_51_10.png

Hi surdu_petru

I can't for the life of me work out how to download this file. From my Googling I am meant to press the blue download button but whatever i try i get popups trying to get me to download dodgy malware. Have tried both Chrome and Firefox. I am sure there is a simple answer but I can't find it?

Thanks

mrkenv

Feb 13, 2017
False download

Hi, I m tried to download this twrp n for huawei g8. i want flashed os lineage rom , but i cant do it because the link (about twrp n) its not work good, download only false file. Can i have the link to really file? thanks

Alv4ro

Feb 22, 2016
Hi guys, I wanted to download the latest version of twrp because I'm going to try a Nougat rom but after I flashed via the link provided by Surdu my phone was stuck in fastboot/rescue mode and it still is. I heard about malware and virus in the earlier messages so I'm freaking out a bit. The always boots on fastboot mode but I managed to boot on the huawei force update thing and that's all I can do.
When I plug it to my PC it seems to detect it but I can't see it in the file explorator. Any idea how to make it work properly ?

PS : My phone is Rio L01 if I remember correctly, Android MM (Rom from another thread on this foeum).

Last edited:

anthony099

Feb 8, 2017
hi surdu_petru can you give me flashable kernel for my huawei g8? because after i install your superSU with kernel and ramdisk i finally install Linage and i want to install my stock 6.0 can you help me to get back my stock? i try your stock but always fail my screen is crashing and i dont know how to fix it i try what i know and nothing change

tehfoxtrotzulu

Sep 16, 2012
Still gets stuck in bootloop, but I have found two solutions for that:

1. In TWRP go to >> REBOOT >> BOOTLOADER [cable not connected and do not install TWRP app on exit] >> When in bootloader press power button until the phone turns itself off >> Press power button to turn the phone on

... if that fails:

2. In TWRP go to ADVANCED >> TERMINAL >> type in these commands (after you enter the first one it will take few moments for it to end):

dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/fota
dd if=/dev/zero of=/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/misc
reboot

Hope this helps someone :)

Last edited:
Reactions: mutari_dirk

Alv4ro

Feb 22, 2016
My phone is still stuck on fastboot & rescue mode with FRP locked. Does anyone have a solution to this problem ? I respect your work Surdu, but I am a bit disgusted by the fact that your latest twrp messed my phone up.

surdu_petru

Recognized Contributor
Feb 3, 2010
Paris
My phone is still stuck on fastboot & rescue mode with FRP locked. Does anyone have a solution to this problem ? I respect your work Surdu, but I am a bit disgusted by the fact that your latest twrp messed my phone up.

Sorry, but first you must ensure that FRP is unlocked - so can't be my fault ;)

EDIT :

BTW, I don't understand why you don't try to recover your device by flashing full UPDATE.APP by pressing all the three hardware key ?

Last edited:

qunx

May 26, 2014
Can anyone help me ? I've succesfully flashed the twrp image provided in this thread for android nougat, i get no error message when I "fastboot flash recovery twrp-recovery-N.img", my bootloader is unlocked. But when I boot into recovery immediately after flashing twrp I get the stock recovery, and not twrp. Been stuck for hours now.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello !

TWRP.jpg

Permanent TWRP Recovery 3.0.2-0

Huawei - G8 & GX8

Changelog :

Code:
    [URL="https://twrp.me/site/update/2016/04/05/twrp-3.0.2-0-released.html"]What’s new in 3.0.2-0[/URL]
    What’s new in 3.0.1-0:
    [LIST]
    [*]    support new CM 13.0 pattern encryption (sultanqasim)
    [*]    fix slow flashing issue due to modprobe (present on only some devices) (#twrp)
    [*]    libtar updated to latest upstream and fixes (jcadduono)
    [*]    fixes for loading custom themes (_that)
    [*]    TWRP will now detect and install TWRP themes automatically through the normal zip install process (Dees_Troy)
    [*]    translation updates - added Italian, Czech and Polish and significant updates to Dutch
    [*]    progress bar improvements - progress bar updates during image flashing and better tracks progress during file system backups (tar) (Dees_Troy)
    [*]    fix input box text display (Dees_Troy)
    [*]    reboot option after zip install complete (bigbiff)
    [*]    other mostly invisible bug fixes and improvements
    [/LIST]
    What’s new in 3.0.0-0:
    [LIST]
    [*]    Completely new theme - Much more modern and much nicer looking (by z31s1g)
    [*]    True Terminal Emulator - Includes arrow keys, tab and tab completion, etc. (by _that)
    [*]    Language translation - It won’t be perfect and especially some languages that require large font files like Chinese & Japanese won’t be availble on most devices. Also some languages may only be partially translated at this time. Feel free to submit more translations to OmniROM’s Gerrit. (mostly by Dees_Troy)
    [*]    Flashing of sparse images - On select devices you will be able to flash some parts of factory images via the TWRP GUI (by HashBang173)
    [*]    Adopted storage support for select devices - TWRP can now decrypt adopted storage partitions from Marshmallow
    [*]    Reworked graphics to bring us more up to date with AOSP - includes support for adf and drm graphics (by Dees_Troy)
    [*]    SuperSU prompt will no longer display if a Marshmallow ROM is installed
    [*]    Update exfat, exfat fuse, dosfstools (by mdmower)
    [*]    Update AOSP base to 6.0
    [*]    A huge laundry list of other minor fixes and tweaks
    [/LIST]
    What’s new in 2.8.7.0:
    [LIST]
    [*]    Initial ground work for software drawn keyboard (_that)
    [*]    Fix handling of wiping internal storage on datamedia devices (xuefer)
    [*]    Allow DataManager to set and read values from the system properties (xuefer)
    [*]    Fix crash when taking screenshots on arm64 devices
    [*]    Fix error message after an ORS script completes (Dees_Troy)
    [*]    Fix crashes / error when creating encrypted backups (_that, Dees_Troy)
    [*]    Add system read only option – more details below (Dees_Troy)
    [*]    Add resize2fs and GUI option to run resize2fs (Dees_Troy)
    [*]    Fix crash loop caused by empty lines in AOSP recovery command file (_that)
    [*]    Prevent duplicate page overlays such as multiple lock screens (mdmower)
    [/LIST]
    What’s new in 2.8.6.0:
    [LIST]
    [*]    Fix daylight savings time rules for USA and Europe (_that)
    [*]    Allow mulitple overlays for popup boxes (Dees_Troy)
    [*]    Add pattern style password entry for decrypt (Tassadar)
    [*]    Keyboard improvements (_that)
    [*]    Update AOSP base to 5.1 (Dees_Troy)
    [*]    Reduce theme count to 5 and rely on scaling (Dees_Troy)
    [*]    Various scaling improvements (Dees_Troy)
    [*]    Improved handling of resources in the GUI (_that)
    [*]    Make scroll bar size proportional to list size (_that)
    [*]    Allow scoll lists to render without a header (_that)
    [*]    Make console scroll per pixel with kinetic scrolling (_that)
    [*]    Support styles in XML to reduce XML size and improve consistentcy (Dees_Troy)
    [*]    Various other fixes and improvements (mdmower, bigbiff, codelover, etc)
    [/LIST]
    What's new in 2.8.1.0 :
    [LIST]
    [*]    MTP fixes and improvements - you can now copy zips to the root of storage - thanks to _that
    [*]    TrueType Font support - optional as it takes up a decent amount of space so may not be available on all devices - thanks to Tassadar
    [*]    Temperature support - thanks to bigbiff
    [*]    Various other bugfixes and tweaks
    [/LIST]
    What's new in 2.8.0.0 :
    [LIST]
    [*]    Add MTP support to recovery thanks mostly to bigbiff with a little help from Dees_Troy
    [*]    Add command line capabilities - you can now execute various TWRP features via adb instead of the touchscreen
    [*]    Add support for color in the console and give error, warning, and highlight lines different colors
    [*]    Track backup and restore progress based on file sizes to provide a much more accurate indication of progress
    [*]    Improve handling of /misc thanks to mdmower
    [*]    Improve setting of time on Qualcomm devices thanks to [NUT]
    [*]    Allow using images on slidervalue GUI objects thanks to Tassadar
    [*]    Allow using variables and addition and subtraction in variables for easier theming
    [*]    Add support for 1440x2560, 280x280, and 320x320 resolutions and update 240x240
    [*]    Allow ui.xml file to include additional xml files to help break up the theme and make TWRP easier to maintain
    [*]    Other minor fixes and improvements
    [/LIST]
    What's new in 2.7.1.0 :
    [LIST]
    [*]   Add GUI option to change or repair file systems on individual partitions. The change is destructive so backup your data including internal sdcard first. This option should make it a little easier to migrate a device from ext4 -> f2fs, for instance. You will find this option under Wipe -> Advanced Wipe, then select only one partition and then press the Repair or Change File System button. If a developer has added f2fs support for your device and we don't have it in TWRP, please contact me via PM to arrange for it to be added.
    [*]   Various bugfixes to backup and restore
    [*]   Improvements to USB storage handling
    [*]   Added a class to search for files to make finding the correct brightness file automatic in most cases
    [*]   Various other bugfixes and tweaks
    [/LIST]
    What's new in 2.7.0.0 :
    [LIST]
    [*]    Faster graphics rendering by disabling alpha blending on fully opaque objects thanks to Tassadar
    [*]    Allow sideloading from /tmp on encrypted devices
    [*]    Check for a crypto footer before asking for a password to prevent user confusion
    [*]    Additional checks for validity to auto generated backup names
    [*]    Text wrap in the console output
    [*]    Proper caps lock support in the keyboard
    [*]    Mouse support via USB OTG for devices with a broken digitizer
    [*]    Improve scanning of storage locations for OpenRecoveryScript
    [*]    Haptic feedback for buttons, keyboard, and vibration at the end of longer running actions
    [*]    Fixed ext4 wiping when no selinux contexts are defined for that partition (e.g. sd-ext)
    [*]    Update SuperSU to 1.93 and improve installation process
    [*]    Added selinux contexts restoration to fix permissions
    [*]    Load RTC offset on Qualcomm devices to fix the date/time in recovery
    [*]    USB Mass Storage fixes Add SELinux support checking
    [*]    Add Disk Usage class to better handle excluded folders (e.g. Google Music cache)
    [*]    Add 4.4 AOSP decrypt support
    [*]    Add some toolbox utilities to TWRP (namely to support SELinux functions not supported in busybox)
    [*]    Various SELinux fixes and bug fixes
    [/LIST][CENTER][/CENTER]

Downloads :

Code:
    [CENTER]
    [B][I][COLOR="Blue"]New Update : [/COLOR][/I][/B] For CM-14.1/LOS-14.1 : [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=70296158&postcount=79"] twrp-recovery-N.img[/URL]

* Update [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=67179568&postcount=56"]TWRP 3.0.2-0[/URL]

* Update [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=66171376&postcount=37"]TWRP 3.0.1-0[/URL]

* Update [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=66002614&postcount=33"]TWRP 3.0.0-0[/URL]

* Update [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=65817315&postcount=18"]TWRP 3.0.0-0[/URL] !

* [URL="https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=24421527759889994"]openrecovery-twrp-3.0.0-0.img[/URL] md5 : 23cb0c91aa3a577e24fb183b23ebf62c
    [/CENTER]

Installation :

Code:
    [CENTER]
    * [FONT="Arial Black"]Your Device Must Have A Unlock Bootloader ![/FONT]

*[FONT="Arial Black"] Image File ( openrecovery-twrp-3.0.0-0.img ) :[/FONT]
    [LIST]
    [*] boot your device in bootloader mode by :> adb reboot bootloader
    [*] flash custom recovery :> fastboot flash recovery openrecovery-twrp-3.0.0-0.img
    [*] reboot your device :> fastboot reboot
    [/LIST]
    [/CENTER]

Boot into TWRP :

Code:
    [CENTER]
    * > adb reboot recovery 

* keep pressing at the same time : power off button and volume up - as soon as your device vibrate , please relase power off button and keep pressing volume up -> your device will enter very soon into TWRP recovery ! 
    [/CENTER]

Source :

Code:
    [CENTER]* [URL="https://github.com/TeamWin/Team-Win-Recovery-Project/tree/twrp2.7"]TeamWin GitHub[/URL] !

* TWRP G8 : [URL="https://github.com/Huawei-Dev/TWRP-G8"]GitHub[/URL] 

[/CENTER]

Credit :

Code:
    [CENTER]* [URL="http://teamw.in/project/twrp2"][B]Team[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]Win[/B][/COLOR][/URL]

* [URL="http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1943625"]Dees_Troy[/URL]

* [URL="http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=4878287"]_that[/URL]

[/CENTER]

FAQ :

Code:
    [CENTER]
    * please perform a Backup with this version of TWRP - after that, you'll be able to restore successfully !

* do not perform a Restore from a Backup performed with other version of TWRP - your device will end with boot loop into TWRP !
    [/CENTER]

SHARE :

Code:
    [CENTER]
    * [B][I]please, if you want to share or your work is basend on my source code - first, you should ask my permission via PM ![/I][/B]
    * [B][I]also on your OP, you must provide adequate credit, for my works ![/I][/B]
    * [B][I]you are always free to use & improve my works ![/I][/B]
    * [B][I]thanks for understanding ![/I][/B]
    [/CENTER]

regards,
    Surdu Petru

XDA:DevDB Information
    TWRP, Tool/Utility for the Huawei GX8

Contributors
    surdu_petru
    Source Code: https://github.com/Huawei-Dev

Version Information

Created 2016-02-27
    Last Updated 2017-03-24
    Twrp cm-14.1 !

TWRP Update for Android N !

This release is compatible Android N and also Android MM .

Downloads : twrp-recovery-N.img - 30.17 MB

* twrp-recovery-N.img md5 : ea2cafc6cd0ed31ff292418237ffbc9a

Installations : fastboot flash recovery twrp-recovery-N.img

Screensots :

Screenshot_2016_12_28_15_51_10.png
    Update TWRP 3.0.1-0 !

Hello !

Here is a new update TWRP 3.0.1-0 for all Huawei G8 & GX8 !

Change log :

- build on the last update source : omnirom bootable_recovery !

- What’s new in 3.0.1-0 !

Downloads : TWRP-3.0.1-0.zip md5 : 26108a286258f6440b379d30e3f1e880

Installations : install via twrp , no wipe required !

If you currently use TWRP, you are invited to make this update !

Screenshot_2016_04_03_04_37_36.png

Best regards !
    Update : TWRP 3.0.2-0 !

Hello !

Here is a new update TWRP 3.0.2-0 for all Huawei G8 & GX8 !

Change log :

* build on the last update source : omnirom bootable_recovery !

* What’s new in 3.0.2-0 !

Downloads :
    * TWRP-3.0.2-0.zip md5 : 5f09c5c4a325653dc5f6de996efe8b24
    * twrp.img md5 : 37ddc7eab875af568c15f0df899491dc

Installations :
    * .zip archive : install via twrp , no wipe required !
    * twrp image via fastboot ( into bootloader mode ) : "fastboot flash recovery twrp.img"

Screenshot_2016_06_05_06_41_28.png

Best regards !
    New Update TWRP !

Hello !

Here is a new update TWRP 3.0.0-0 for all Huawei G8 & GX8 !

Change log :

- build on the last update source : omnirom bootable_recovery !

- fixed battery percentage - thank you very much to EarlyMon !

Downloads : TWRP-3.0.0-0_Update02.zip md5 : 5faae5721208a855ce0b19995dd17341

Installations : install via twrp , no wipe required !

Best regards !

Edit :

Source code already updated : GitHub !