[TWRP 3.0.2-1][ROOT] Samsung galaxy A9 pro SM-A910F/9100 - 26/7/2016

Search This thread

ashyx

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2012
I am wondering how you were able to root this phone. I have moved on to the A9 2018 SM-A920F and would like to get this phone rooted. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Am willing to try on my device.
You can root with magisk. Got to the magisk thread. Instructions are provided there.

edit

May 25, 2006
Not sure what you mean by how did I get twrp on it?
Do you mean how did I compile it?

Guys a new version showed up "A9100ZCU1BRK3 - GALAXY A9 ⑥ SM-A9100 CHC CHINA (OPEN CHINA) ANDROID 8.0.0"
Did anyone flashed it?
My guess is it does not work with the old TWRP giving that it's Android 8.0 now... jumping from 6.1

I know that it's rather old but @ashyx will you be so kind to further support this ?

Thank you !

Naveenmalik39

Jan 19, 2013
Not sure what you mean by how did I get twrp on it?
Do you mean how did I compile it?
bro @ashyx please make a new custom recovery for new nogut update as old one not working after flasing it in new android version we still get stock recovery please bro spend some of your valuable time and update it if you need anything for it i will try to provide you asap

tiennhu89

Apr 25, 2012
Vĩnh Phúc
bro @ashyx please make a new custom recovery for new nogut update as old one not working after flasing it in new android version we still get stock recovery please bro spend some of your valuable time and update it if you need anything for it i will try to provide you asap

U can use this TWPR for 6.0, 7.0 and 8.0 too. I had tried all of android version and it works as always.

Newbdroidd

Dec 20, 2015
So there's no way to flash SuperSU and the decryption file thingy without an sdcard? Can't see any files in the system after flashing twrp

---------- Post added at 02:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:28 AM ----------

Should warn people that you need an sd card in the first post so they don't waste their time

TrunX93

May 28, 2013
Will the TWRP posted on Original post work for the latest update on SM-A910F with February security patch. My phone has become very slow after this update.. And can i tweak performance after getting root acces?

amirasyraf

Jan 2, 2014
Which version of Magisk work with the device? I flashed Magisk v18.1 before flashing the boot image patcher, it seems to flash fine. But after booting into system, Magisk Manager says Magisk is not installed.

So I rebooted back into recovery to flash magisk again, now it says cannot mount /data and some other stuff. Rebooting into system, now suddenly my device is encrypted and requires PIN to unlock.

Should I flash Magisk BEFORE or AFTER boot image patcher??

G

GuestD2665

Eu tenho umas dúvidas

Tem chance de entrar em bootloop?
Funciona no modelo a9 SM-a910f?
Quais cuidados tenho que tomar ?

Rookierocker

Sep 26, 2015
Hi guys , i just wonder how to flash boot.img patcher? after i wipe and then flash dm encrypted and super su, i got the root but i cant install any apk in my sm-a9100 . Can someone help me with this problem, i always get stuck with that ( cant install any apk). Im still using android 6 btw. thanksa

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TWRP 3.0.2-1. for the Samsung Galaxy A9 pro SM-A910/9100 - Qualcomm MSM8976
    Please note I don't own this device.
    Stock Recovery is posted below if required.

NOTE:
    FLASHING CUSTOM STUFF VOIDS YOUR WARRANTY. THIS WILL TRIP THE KNOX FLAG.

Install:
    Boot to download mode.
    Flash with Odin using the AP slot.
    Uncheck Auto-reboot.
    Reboot to recovery immediately after flashing using POWER + HOME + VOL DOWN, as soon as the screen goes blank change to VOL UP whilst still holding the other buttons.
    TWRP should now boot.

NOTE: ON SOME ANDROID 5.1.1 and 6.01 DEVICES IT IS NECESSARY TO GO TO:
    Settings -> Developer Options -> OEM unlocking
    AND ENABLE OEM UNLOCK FIRST OR YOU MAY ENCOUNTER 'BLOCKED BY FRP LOCK' WHEN FLASHING.

Install with ODIN:
    twrp_3.0.2-1_sm-a910f_25716

Update 8/2/2017
    Fixed build for latest firmware :

twrp_3.0.2-1_sm-a910_a9100_7217

Stock recovery:
    A910FXXU1APFC_stock_recovery

IMPORTANT
    At the moment TWRP isn't working with encryption, this means the DATA Partition and internal storage cannot be mounted.
    To mount the Data partition encryption needs to be removed and the boot image patcher needs to be flashed below
    This can be done via the FORMAT DATA button under the WIPE option in TWRP.
    Please note this will erase all user data.
    The boot image patcher can be flashed with TWRP.
    The boot image patcher MUST be flashed before booting the device to system or the DATA partition will be re-encrypted at boot time.

BOOT IMAGE PATCHER
    Boot image patcher to remove DM-verity and Forced encryption.
    Instead of flashing one of the boot images above flash the zip below with TWRP.

This was built by jcadduono not me, so props to him, I just modified it to work for this device and to remove the SEANDROID ENFORCING message.

Steps:

1. BOOT TO TWRP
    2. FORMAT DATA
    3. FLASH SUPERSU
    4. FLASH THE BOOT IMAGE PATCHER
    5. REBOOT TO RECOVERY
    6. CHECK DATA IS STILL MOUNTABLE

no-verity-no-encrypt_ashyx

TO ROOT
    Flash the file below in twrp.

http://download.chainfire.eu/1021/SuperSU/SR3-SuperSU-v2.79-SR3-20170114223742.zip

FEEDBACK IS APPRECIATED PLEASE.
    THANKS.

DONATE ME HERE IF YOU WANT TO BUY ME A BEER OR HIT THE THANKS BUTTON IF I HELPED YOU

I tried to flash the A910F with Odin and It's give Auth fail on pitfile and stops there. I downloaded the firmware via samfirm 0.36 with binary to get the full 4 firmware files. Extract the pit file, point to it in Odin and BL, CSC, CP, AP in their slots and it always fail. Also does not work with flashfire with a single firmware file.

But now there is another way, I did it yesterday and works great. No Chinese! Credits to @dadimon29. You flash the full A9100 firmware but untick autoreboot. Once finished you boot back in download mode and flash @ashyx TWRP with Odin with no reboot. Reboot again to TWRP, flash the no-verity-no-encrypt_ashyx.zip, reboot again to twrp, now format data not wipe! Mount system and flash Supersu, your own CSC file and GPS.conf for your region and the GAPPS micro package. Now reboot to samsung and you will find everything is English or whatever language you prefer. And Google works out of the box, no permission errors. Now I can keep this phone!
    Hi, I'm on firmware A9100ZCU1APD5 so these boot images wont work right. So now to be able to mount data, what I got is that I'll have to first wipe data in twrp and then flash the boot image patcher in order to get full access to twrp?

TWRP >BOOT IMAGE PATCHER >FORMAT DATA >SUPERSU

DONATE ME HERE IF YOU WANT TO BUY ME A BEER OR HIT THE THANKS BUTTON IF I HELPED YOU

In twrp flash Magisk v6 and then phh-superuser-17-magisk. This will give full root on the new A9Pro PI2 firmware. Works great here. No autoroot needed. Just flash @ashyx excellent twrp. Then in twrp flash the two files above. They can be found here in XDA. SuperSU 2.78 SR1 does Not work!
    I can't remember which partition size error it was as it was a few days ago. So do you know anyone who has done that on this phone successfully? Because if it is possible then thats all I'd want right now.

Sent from my SM-A9100 using XDA-Developers mobile app
    It is possible as I myself have done it with other devices.
    If you can try the flash again with ODIN and then post the output log then we can find out which partition fails.
    Just reflash your stock firmware after the failure.
    By the way I don't own this particular device.
    In the meantime I'm going to download the stock A9100 firmware and check the image sizes against the a910f firmware.