[TWRP 3.0.2-1][ROOT] Samsung galaxy A9 pro SM-A910F/9100 - 26/7/2016

Search This thread

Paulo Cabral

Dec 30, 2013
Rio de Janeiro
I Follow These Steps BOOT TO TWRP 2. FORMAT DATE 3. FLASH MAGISK 4. FLASH THE BOOT IMAGE PATCHER 5. REBOOT TO OS I was using Nougat. Today I tested the custom rom Elite pass the zip we are talking about and caused the delay on the lock screen, I went to rom again and returned to normal.

Paulo Cabral

Dec 30, 2013
Rio de Janeiro
Then it's likely Magisk root causing the issue.

Yes it may be that in conjunction with the boot patcher because I am using the root Magisk in the Rom Elite Stock and I do not have this delay problem on the lock screen, however when I put the Boot Patcher on Rom with the root Magisk the problem came back, When I took the Boot Patcher back to normal. But anyway thank you for your excellent work by bringing TWRP to our device. I'm just leaving my personal experience. Would you have thought of a pure Android for our A9?

Reactions: AbbadonDahaka

HARVEYHOANG

Feb 9, 2017
I lost my 4G connection after flashed QH1 latest firmware.

Now it just shows E - Edge?

Could someone please tell if it's because of the firmware?

mvdi

Jun 8, 2016
Füllinsdorf
Should I remove all SIM cards before flashing?
I don't know why you would need to do that, but it won't harm anything if you remove them. Start your system without SIM cards if you want.

My suggestion is just meant to see if the problem is firmware related or a hardware problem.

Maybe you need to check your SIM settings? It's possible to restrict a SIM card to 3G or even 2G

Last edited:
Reactions: HARVEYHOANG

HARVEYHOANG

Feb 9, 2017
I don't know why you would need to do that, but it won't harm anything if you remove them. Start your system without SIM cards if you want.

My suggestion is just meant to see if the problem is firmware related or a hardware problem.

Maybe you need to check your SIM settings? It's possible to restrict a SIM card to 3G or even 2G

I tried all the way, even reset all APN to default value, but no luck. 4g/3g/2g is auto connect by default.
Any suggestion?

Thank you.

edit

May 25, 2006
I experienced a very strange bug that made my phone USELESS for a while.
I have the Latest firmware/rom A9100ZCU1AQH1 and used the latest TWRP twrp_3.0.2-1_sm-a910_a9100_7217
I did NOT use the no-verity-no-encrypt_ashyx and instead of SuperSu I used the latest Magisk V14 with the latest Magisk Manager 5.4.3
I have set up a screen lock password because I use the fingerprint.

I have Google Photos installed, latest version, used the upper left button and selected "Add partner account" and went to the selection and at the end you have to enter the Google Account Password in order to be able to share the photos and it DID not accepted my password and I introduced it till it gave me 1 minut timeout... then tried it again 2 more times and gave up.... After a few days I restarted the phone and at restart it asked for my screen lock password as usual... entered it and SURPRISE, is said that it is wrong, desperately I entered it till my phone got locked for good

The ONLY way I could unlock my phone was when I got home, entered google device manager on the web from my computer... locked the phone with a phone and message... used the locked phone to call someone... and ONLY then it accepted my screen lock password.

This combination might be really bad if you don't have access to a computer !

Later edit : It turns out that it needed the SCREEN lock password for confirmation not Google account password... Even if I tried the same app from other phones (Huawei that also has lock screen password and fingerprint enabled) it asks for Google account password

Last edited:
Reactions: mvdi

st.dan

Dec 24, 2017
I have a small problem.
Got from a friend as gift an A9100 ( China = No GAPPS / just 3 languages / lots of China APP's )
There is a chance to put a A910F ROM on it ? Want to give it as a gift to someone ...
Thank you in Advance

edit

May 25, 2006
I have a small problem.
Got from a friend as gift an A9100 ( China = No GAPPS / just 3 languages / lots of China APP's )
There is a chance to put a A910F ROM on it ? Want to give it as a gift to someone ...
Thank you in Advance

Unfortunately it's not possible to put a 910F rom on it... But with a bit of work you can install gapps on the A9100 and make it quite an nice and usable phone.

Oct 21, 2017
I am unable to root my samsung galaxy a9 pro
I tried flashing twrp but it is stuck on twrp logo and again and again booting into twrp
please help me

Sent from my SM-A910F using Tapatalk

Oct 21, 2017
thats the main problem
when i try to boot into recovery it boots in twrp but it is stuck on logo
and then again rebooting into twrp and this process is happening again and again

---------- Post added at 07:50 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 AM ----------

thats the main problem
when i try to boot into recovery it boots in twrp but it is stuck on logo
and then again rebooting into twrp and this process is happening again and again

the buttons such as install,etc do not appear only the logo appears

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TWRP 3.0.2-1. for the Samsung Galaxy A9 pro SM-A910/9100 - Qualcomm MSM8976
    Please note I don't own this device.
    Stock Recovery is posted below if required.

NOTE:
    FLASHING CUSTOM STUFF VOIDS YOUR WARRANTY. THIS WILL TRIP THE KNOX FLAG.

Install:
    Boot to download mode.
    Flash with Odin using the AP slot.
    Uncheck Auto-reboot.
    Reboot to recovery immediately after flashing using POWER + HOME + VOL DOWN, as soon as the screen goes blank change to VOL UP whilst still holding the other buttons.
    TWRP should now boot.

NOTE: ON SOME ANDROID 5.1.1 and 6.01 DEVICES IT IS NECESSARY TO GO TO:
    Settings -> Developer Options -> OEM unlocking
    AND ENABLE OEM UNLOCK FIRST OR YOU MAY ENCOUNTER 'BLOCKED BY FRP LOCK' WHEN FLASHING.

Install with ODIN:
    twrp_3.0.2-1_sm-a910f_25716

Update 8/2/2017
    Fixed build for latest firmware :

twrp_3.0.2-1_sm-a910_a9100_7217

Stock recovery:
    A910FXXU1APFC_stock_recovery

IMPORTANT
    At the moment TWRP isn't working with encryption, this means the DATA Partition and internal storage cannot be mounted.
    To mount the Data partition encryption needs to be removed and the boot image patcher needs to be flashed below
    This can be done via the FORMAT DATA button under the WIPE option in TWRP.
    Please note this will erase all user data.
    The boot image patcher can be flashed with TWRP.
    The boot image patcher MUST be flashed before booting the device to system or the DATA partition will be re-encrypted at boot time.

BOOT IMAGE PATCHER
    Boot image patcher to remove DM-verity and Forced encryption.
    Instead of flashing one of the boot images above flash the zip below with TWRP.

This was built by jcadduono not me, so props to him, I just modified it to work for this device and to remove the SEANDROID ENFORCING message.

Steps:

1. BOOT TO TWRP
    2. FORMAT DATA
    3. FLASH SUPERSU
    4. FLASH THE BOOT IMAGE PATCHER
    5. REBOOT TO RECOVERY
    6. CHECK DATA IS STILL MOUNTABLE

no-verity-no-encrypt_ashyx

TO ROOT
    Flash the file below in twrp.

http://download.chainfire.eu/1021/SuperSU/SR3-SuperSU-v2.79-SR3-20170114223742.zip

FEEDBACK IS APPRECIATED PLEASE.
    THANKS.

DONATE ME HERE IF YOU WANT TO BUY ME A BEER OR HIT THE THANKS BUTTON IF I HELPED YOU

I tried to flash the A910F with Odin and It's give Auth fail on pitfile and stops there. I downloaded the firmware via samfirm 0.36 with binary to get the full 4 firmware files. Extract the pit file, point to it in Odin and BL, CSC, CP, AP in their slots and it always fail. Also does not work with flashfire with a single firmware file.

But now there is another way, I did it yesterday and works great. No Chinese! Credits to @dadimon29. You flash the full A9100 firmware but untick autoreboot. Once finished you boot back in download mode and flash @ashyx TWRP with Odin with no reboot. Reboot again to TWRP, flash the no-verity-no-encrypt_ashyx.zip, reboot again to twrp, now format data not wipe! Mount system and flash Supersu, your own CSC file and GPS.conf for your region and the GAPPS micro package. Now reboot to samsung and you will find everything is English or whatever language you prefer. And Google works out of the box, no permission errors. Now I can keep this phone!
    Hi, I'm on firmware A9100ZCU1APD5 so these boot images wont work right. So now to be able to mount data, what I got is that I'll have to first wipe data in twrp and then flash the boot image patcher in order to get full access to twrp?

TWRP >BOOT IMAGE PATCHER >FORMAT DATA >SUPERSU

DONATE ME HERE IF YOU WANT TO BUY ME A BEER OR HIT THE THANKS BUTTON IF I HELPED YOU

In twrp flash Magisk v6 and then phh-superuser-17-magisk. This will give full root on the new A9Pro PI2 firmware. Works great here. No autoroot needed. Just flash @ashyx excellent twrp. Then in twrp flash the two files above. They can be found here in XDA. SuperSU 2.78 SR1 does Not work!
    I can't remember which partition size error it was as it was a few days ago. So do you know anyone who has done that on this phone successfully? Because if it is possible then thats all I'd want right now.

Sent from my SM-A9100 using XDA-Developers mobile app
    It is possible as I myself have done it with other devices.
    If you can try the flash again with ODIN and then post the output log then we can find out which partition fails.
    Just reflash your stock firmware after the failure.
    By the way I don't own this particular device.
    In the meantime I'm going to download the stock A9100 firmware and check the image sizes against the a910f firmware.