• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[TWRP 3.0.2-1] [ROOT] Samsung Galaxy J2 SM-J200H

Search This thread

HatMan22

Oct 8, 2017
Dharan
Oct 21, 2016
Port Louis
sorry , im trying to install TWRP on my j200h so i can root it cause all forums required TWRP , but whenever i tried to install nothing happens . CWM(installed recovery) is still installed not TWRP. i think i tried everything on XDA but none of them works . dont know what to do now :(
It happened to me once when i installed an OTA update of my stock firmware. I just flash another firmware via odin and then flash twrp. Try doing that download a firmware on sammobile, flash it via odin and then after the phone boot up flash twrp again via odin.

Last edited:

iceykel17

Jan 12, 2018
As previously advised this recovery is TWRP.
If you have previously installed CWM then I suggest you consult the thread where you downloaded it.

its already installed on my phone since it was given to me

---------- Post added at 02:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

If he means stock recovery then this method should work. I even can't understand.

---------- Post added at 03:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

Do u have unchecked auto reboot in odin?

no . i check it

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

It happened to me once when i installed an OTA update of my stock firmware. I just flash another firmware via odin and then flash twrp. Try doing that download a firmware on sammobile, flash it via odin and then after the phone boot up flash twrp again via odin.

okay ill try it . ill give you a feed back . thank you

HatMan22

Oct 8, 2017
Dharan
its already installed on my phone since it was given to me

---------- Post added at 02:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

no . i check it

---------- Post added at 02:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 PM ----------

okay ill try it . ill give you a feed back . thank you

Oh man uncheck that button... you have to manually turn off mobile by removing battery then reinsert it. press and hold power + vol up+ home to go to twrp and flash super su. if did not install super su at that time then twrp will automatically removed.

iceykel17

Jan 12, 2018
Oh man uncheck that button... you have to manually turn off mobile by removing battery then reinsert it. press and hold power + vol up+ home to go to twrp and flash super su. if did not install super su at that time then twrp will automatically removed.

its fixed!!! . thank you so much for helping me

---------- Post added at 05:51 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 AM ----------

its fixed!!! . thank you so much for helping me

AUShamim

Aug 29, 2017
Cox's Bazar
Hi !!!
In my j200G i installed TWRP and rooted.
But i accidently turned Off develouper setting.
And when i restarted it showed custom binary blocked by FRP.
Then I had to flash stock firmwere!!
Is there any way to unlock bootloader permanently ???

Reactions: LGMS500

rubengeo

May 5, 2015
unable to use mobile data after flashing TWRP

HI, i tried to root my J200g and got odin and the TWRP file and tried to flash it but it said FRP lock prevents the flashing. so i found a file from the internet to remove the FRP lock in download mode. after flashing that i flashed the TWRP and was successful then i proceded to flash the SuperSU in TWRP. but after tat process i am not able to get my mobile data. dont know what happened and where i made the mistake. after tat i tried to reset the device and even flashed the stock rom but still cannot get the moblie data to work. please help me guys.

Seagold

Dec 17, 2016
Lagos
HI, i tried to root my J200g and got odin and the TWRP file and tried to flash it but it said FRP lock prevents the flashing. so i found a file from the internet to remove the FRP lock in download mode. after flashing that i flashed the TWRP and was successful then i proceded to flash the SuperSU in TWRP. but after tat process i am not able to get my mobile data. dont know what happened and where i made the mistake. after tat i tried to reset the device and even flashed the stock rom but still cannot get the moblie data to work. please help me guys.
Mobile ? data (network) or mobile ? data (backup)

Reactions: rubengeo

rubengeo

May 5, 2015
Mobile data (network) or mobile data (backup)
Thank you for the reply.
Mobile data (network) - i found a work around and fixed it.. it was the access point.
now there is another problem. it is the camera. when ever i open the camera app it says, Warning: camera failed.

i would appriciate it you could help me in this.

mac2304

Feb 4, 2018
Buj

---------- Post added at 06:44 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:44 AM ----------

Rootear

JilaniBabu

Feb 14, 2018
Can not install Android Samusung J2 phone capabilities without the computer. Please help me if anyone can

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    teamwin-recovery-project-twrp-logo.jpg

TWRP custom recovery for the Samsung Galaxy J2 SM-J200H. Spreadtrum SC8830A.
    Latest build is 3.0.2-1

Disclaimer: you flash these at your own risk. Knox counter will be tripped. Having the stock firmware to hand is also advised.

NOTE: BEFORE MAKING MODIFICATIONS, ON SOME ANDROID 5.1.1/6.0 DEVICES IT IS NECESSARY TO GO TO:
    Settings -> Developer Options -> OEM unlocking
    AND ENABLE OEM UNLOCK FIRST OR YOU MAY ENCOUNTER 'BLOCKED BY FRP LOCK' WHEN FLASHING.

To install TWRP:

Boot to DOWNLOAD mode.
    Flash with ODIN in the AP slot.
    Uncheck Auto reboot.
    Load the respective file below into the AP slot and hit start.
    After flashing when ODIN says PASS immediately reboot to recovery by holding POWER + HOME + VOL DOWN.
    As soon as the screen goes blank change to VOL UP whilst still holding the other buttons.
    You should now see TWRP recovery.

twrp_3.0.2-1_sm-j200h_fb_271016

For Systemless Root with SuperSu.

1. Install Supersu via TWRP
    SR1-SuperSU-v2.78-SR1-20160915123031

2. Reboot

3. Check you have root

PLEASE LEAVE FEEDBACK IF YOU FIND MY WORK USEFUL. THANKS.

DONATE ME HERE IF YOU WANT TO BUY ME A BEER OR HIT THE THANKS BUTTON IF I HELPED YOU

Credits: Samankh for testing.

@ashyx can we hope twrp 3.1.0 for this device
    I'm currently ploughing my way through all my builds and updating, there are many and my time is limited, but I'll get to it soon.
    thanks

teamwin-recovery-project-twrp-logo.jpg

TWRP custom recovery for the Samsung Galaxy J2 SM-J200H. Spreadtrum SC8830A.
    Latest build is 3.0.2-1

Disclaimer: you flash these at your own risk. Knox counter will be tripped. Having the stock firmware to hand is also advised.

NOTE: BEFORE MAKING MODIFICATIONS, ON SOME ANDROID 5.1.1/6.0 DEVICES IT IS NECESSARY TO GO TO:
    Settings -> Developer Options -> OEM unlocking
    AND ENABLE OEM UNLOCK FIRST OR YOU MAY ENCOUNTER 'BLOCKED BY FRP LOCK' WHEN FLASHING.

To install TWRP:

Boot to DOWNLOAD mode.
    Flash with ODIN in the AP slot.
    Uncheck Auto reboot.
    Load the respective file below into the AP slot and hit start.
    After flashing when ODIN says PASS immediately reboot to recovery by holding POWER + HOME + VOL DOWN.
    As soon as the screen goes blank change to VOL UP whilst still holding the other buttons.
    You should now see TWRP recovery.

twrp_3.0.2-1_sm-j200h_fb_271016

For Systemless Root with SuperSu.

1. Install Supersu via TWRP
    SR1-SuperSU-v2.78-SR1-20160915123031

2. Reboot

3. Check you have root

PLEASE LEAVE FEEDBACK IF YOU FIND MY WORK USEFUL. THANKS.

DONATE ME HERE IF YOU WANT TO BUY ME A BEER OR HIT THE THANKS BUTTON IF I HELPED YOU

Credits: Samankh for testing.

Will it work for j200gd???

Only Samsung Galaxy SM-J200H is Spreadtrum others is Exynos. Hence this TWRP will not work. Find TWRP for your model then follow remaining procedures.
    More details please. [emoji52]