[TWRP 3.0.2-1] [ROOT] Samsung Galaxy J3 (2016) SM-J320H

Search This thread

ashyx

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2012
Either cuz you cant or cause its not a flag ship lol i prob tryed a 100x to compile the kernel for it using the j320r4 source for the j320p i was gonna strip the carrier crap out cause it came with mm 6.01 and j320p only had LL 5.1.1 but would never compile but swapping the ram disks worked, do you have any idea how to add live ota to a rom
I'm a little confused, you tried to compile the J320r4 mm source for the j320p?
The j320p doesn't have a mm firmware as far I can gather.

rick.wardenburg

Jan 1, 2016
Saint Joseph
Google Pixel 3a XL
I'm a little confused, you tried to compile the J320r4 mm source for the j320p?
The j320p doesn't have a mm firmware as far I can gather.
The are same soc i got the verizon and us cellular to boot up with everything working no problems on j320p

Edit... was using MM source to try a cm13 build

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

Last edited:

seanb93

Sep 19, 2016
J320r4 is us cellular? Its boot loader locked samsung dont lock bootloaders but some carriers do us cellular,att for sure, so i dobt have a twrp, i do have a root method for j320r4 in my mega box but you wont have twrp and it was done as a test but confirmed it works

Sent from my SM-J700P using Tapatalk

I've noticed that a lot of them seem to be locked but though it more have got over looked like the s5 did lol

Last edited:

Koleman1312

May 10, 2017
Help?

I get onto TWRP recovery and it asks to Swipe to Allow Modifications.... I try to but the touch screen doesn't work. I can't do anything on recovery... Help?!

Burlisoft

Mar 27, 2013
Rooting daughter's J3V to delete bloatware?

My daughter has Verizon's J3V (SMJ-320V), Android 6.0.1, Hardware Version J320V.04.
She needs to get rid of a ton of the bloatware on this phone. Will rooting it enable me to delete the system-installed apps like Amazon, even if I can't install a recovery mod?
Thanks.

Aboudjah

Jan 3, 2017
Hi,

got the SM-J320H 2016, but ARM Cortex A7 (SC7730SW), is it compatible? Suggestions welcome, can't seem to find any version for my phone.

xx

bjornzon

Jul 7, 2017
Flashed wrong bootloader

Can somebody help me?
i accidentally flashed the wrong bootloader to my j3 and now i can only acces download mode.
Does anyone know how to fix this?

anhnambroz

Jul 13, 2016
I need help. I flashed twrp via odin for my J3 2016 SM-J320H. But when i boot into recovery mode, nothing happened, still stock recovery. How can i flash the twrp recovery? Thx

jnk3344

Apr 5, 2017
Someone has du.zip for j320f?pls stable version.im on the j1 n7 themed rom from badashah99.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    teamwin-recovery-project-twrp-logo.jpg

TWRP custom recovery for the Samsung Galaxy J3(2016) SM-J320H. Spreadtrum SC8830A.
    Latest build is 3.0.2-1

Disclaimer: you flash these at your own risk. Knox counter will be tripped. Having the stock firmware to hand is also advised.

NOTE: BEFORE MAKING MODIFICATIONS, ON SOME ANDROID 5.1.1/6.0 DEVICES IT IS NECESSARY TO GO TO:
    Settings -> Developer Options -> OEM unlocking
    AND ENABLE OEM UNLOCK FIRST OR YOU MAY ENCOUNTER 'BLOCKED BY FRP LOCK' WHEN FLASHING.

UPDATE 26/10/2016: GUI lag fix.
    Lag in the GUI should now be gone. Please someone confirm.

MTP fix

To install TWRP:

Boot to DOWNLOAD mode.
    Flash with ODIN in the AP slot.
    Uncheck Auto reboot.
    Load the respective file below into the AP slot and hit start.
    After flashing when ODIN says PASS immediately reboot to recovery by holding POWER + HOME + VOL DOWN.
    As soon as the screen goes blank change to VOL UP whilst still holding the other buttons.
    You should now see TWRP recovery.

twrp_3.0.2-1_sm-j320h_261016

For Systemless Root with SuperSu.

1. Install Supersu via TWRP
    SR1-SuperSU-v2.78-SR1-20160915123031

2 . Flash the PRE-ROOTED boot image below with ODIN(AP slot) or TWRP(extract boot.img first from tar file). Current version is [SR1-SuperSU-v2.78-SR1-20160915123031].
    Sm-j320h_patched_boot_211016

3. Reboot

4. Check you have root

XDA SAMSUNG J3 SUPPORT FORUM:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/t/galaxy-j3-2016

PLEASE LEAVE FEEDBACK IF YOU FIND MY WORK USEFUL. THANKS.

DONATE ME HERE IF YOU WANT TO BUY ME A BEER OR HIT THE THANKS BUTTON IF I HELPED YOU

UPDATE 26/10/2016: GUI Lag fix and MTP fix.

Could someone confirm both fixes are working?

It was my fault, instead of choosing wip cash, i've chosen factory reset. Thank you again

Sent from my SM-J320H using XDA-Developers mobile app
    My device is j320g on 1 december 2017 patch are this twrp work whit my device ..do i have to downgrade patch before instaling this twrp ? Thank you for answer my question
    Sory for my bad english
    TWRP may work. Patched boot.img may not.
    Leave the boot.img and just install twrp then try and install magisk not supersu.
    See how that goes.

Make sure you have the stock firmware to hand just in case.
    working perfectly. 1000 thanks
    ( CPU still shows 0)

---------- Post added at 05:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:50 AM ----------

just a question sir, is there any way to get official samsung updates to a rooted device

You can use ODIN and download the firmware or simply restore the stock boot image. As long as your system partition remains untouched you will then be able to download the ota.