[TWRP 3.0.2-1] [ROOT] Samsung Galaxy J3 (2016) SM-J320H

Search This thread

tslim2696

Dec 5, 2014
i second the SM-J230G version request. Does it work with this version of twrp? spec as below:
Chipset: Spreadtrum SC9830
CPU: Quad-core 1.5 GHz Cortex-A7
GPU: Mali-400

Couch Potato Sniper

Sep 20, 2017
Hey all. I typically creep posts because I never have a new enough phone to be in on helping with rooting anything. That being said, has anybody built a custom recovery for the J3 Luna Pro SM-S337TL?

Goamon

Nov 23, 2017
I have a J320h. I used this guide, and was able to get TWRP working. I couldn't get the superuser link here to work, so I downloaded v2.82 SR5 from another site. I flashed it to my phone with TWRP, and now my phone wont boot, it just stays on the Samsung j3 screen. I can still enter TWRP. I have tried a factory reset with no luck. How can I fix this? Is the next step to flash the stock rom? If so, where can I find the stock rom? Any help would be appreciated.

ashyx

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2012
I have a J320h. I used this guide, and was able to get TWRP working. I couldn't get the superuser link here to work, so I downloaded v2.82 SR5 from another site. I flashed it to my phone with TWRP, and now my phone wont boot, it just stays on the Samsung j3 screen. I can still enter TWRP. I have tried a factory reset with no luck. How can I fix this? Is the next step to flash the stock rom? If so, where can I find the stock rom? Any help would be appreciated.
All links in the OP are working. You need to follow the instructions and flash the files posted.

You may get away with just step 2 if you have flashed SR5.

Reactions: Goamon

Goamon

Nov 23, 2017
Thank you. I can see what I did wrong. I never did step two. Unfortunately in my hast to get my phone working again I did a full wipe in TWRP. I thought that would bring me back to out of the box, but I think I completely removed the OS. I think the only thing I can do now is flash a rom. Where can I find the stock rom, or any compatible rom.

Kaiyum

Sep 22, 2012
Redmi Note 9 Pro
Thank you. I can see what I did wrong. I never did step two. Unfortunately in my hast to get my phone working again I did a full wipe in TWRP. I thought that would bring me back to out of the box, but I think I completely removed the OS. I think the only thing I can do now is flash a rom. Where can I find the stock rom, or any compatible rom.
sammobile has roms for Samsung devices that you can flash via odin.Flash it,flash twrp and u are set!

Sent from the depths of outer space using highly potent telepathically altering mushrooms.

EEEEYAL

Jun 1, 2010
Hello and thank you very much for the files

Hello and thank you very much for the files

I wanted to ask if I could be of use to you

I made a change in the kernel ie in the image

And I want to compress into boot.img

I tried with some tools and the device after burning with Odin remained stuck in the logo

Thank you
Regards Eyal Hadad

AmineHadef

Feb 12, 2017
I flashed twrp to my SM-J320H, but it still boot to the Stock Recovery..
Any idea why?

Update: My bad, I wasn't booting directly to recovery after the flash but after several tries, which caused the stock recovery to be reflashed.
All good now.

Last edited:

ded8

Dec 8, 2016
My device is j320g on 1 december 2017 patch are this twrp work whit my device ..do i have to downgrade patch before instaling this twrp ? Thank you for answer my question
Sory for my bad english

ashyx

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 14, 2012
My device is j320g on 1 december 2017 patch are this twrp work whit my device ..do i have to downgrade patch before instaling this twrp ? Thank you for answer my question
Sory for my bad english
TWRP may work. Patched boot.img may not.
Leave the boot.img and just install twrp then try and install magisk not supersu.
See how that goes.

Make sure you have the stock firmware to hand just in case.

Reactions: oOhVveCk and ded8

0verheat

Nov 15, 2015
Leiria
Hey,

today i was flashing with TWRP and now i cannot boot. I've tried to revert rom to original but with no luck.
I can only open Download mode and TWRP mode. In TWRP mode i've tried a lot to rebiuld original ROM to factory Reset the phone. I can't install the original ROM.
Any help on this?
sucks not having the phone working lol

thanks

Last edited:

Lizarb Rida

Feb 14, 2017
Hey,

today i was flashing with TWRP and now i cannot boot. I've tried to revert rom to original but with no luck.
I can only open Download mode and TWRP mode. In TWRP mode i've tried a lot to rebiuld original ROM to factory Reset the phone. I can't install the original ROM.
Any help on this?
sucks not having the phone working lol

thanks
Try to flash stock rom via odin.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    teamwin-recovery-project-twrp-logo.jpg

TWRP custom recovery for the Samsung Galaxy J3(2016) SM-J320H. Spreadtrum SC8830A.
    Latest build is 3.0.2-1

Disclaimer: you flash these at your own risk. Knox counter will be tripped. Having the stock firmware to hand is also advised.

NOTE: BEFORE MAKING MODIFICATIONS, ON SOME ANDROID 5.1.1/6.0 DEVICES IT IS NECESSARY TO GO TO:
    Settings -> Developer Options -> OEM unlocking
    AND ENABLE OEM UNLOCK FIRST OR YOU MAY ENCOUNTER 'BLOCKED BY FRP LOCK' WHEN FLASHING.

UPDATE 26/10/2016: GUI lag fix.
    Lag in the GUI should now be gone. Please someone confirm.

MTP fix

To install TWRP:

Boot to DOWNLOAD mode.
    Flash with ODIN in the AP slot.
    Uncheck Auto reboot.
    Load the respective file below into the AP slot and hit start.
    After flashing when ODIN says PASS immediately reboot to recovery by holding POWER + HOME + VOL DOWN.
    As soon as the screen goes blank change to VOL UP whilst still holding the other buttons.
    You should now see TWRP recovery.

twrp_3.0.2-1_sm-j320h_261016

For Systemless Root with SuperSu.

1. Install Supersu via TWRP
    SR1-SuperSU-v2.78-SR1-20160915123031

2 . Flash the PRE-ROOTED boot image below with ODIN(AP slot) or TWRP(extract boot.img first from tar file). Current version is [SR1-SuperSU-v2.78-SR1-20160915123031].
    Sm-j320h_patched_boot_211016

3. Reboot

4. Check you have root

XDA SAMSUNG J3 SUPPORT FORUM:
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/t/galaxy-j3-2016

PLEASE LEAVE FEEDBACK IF YOU FIND MY WORK USEFUL. THANKS.

DONATE ME HERE IF YOU WANT TO BUY ME A BEER OR HIT THE THANKS BUTTON IF I HELPED YOU

UPDATE 26/10/2016: GUI Lag fix and MTP fix.

Could someone confirm both fixes are working?

It was my fault, instead of choosing wip cash, i've chosen factory reset. Thank you again

Sent from my SM-J320H using XDA-Developers mobile app
    Sory for my bad english
    TWRP may work. Patched boot.img may not.
    Leave the boot.img and just install twrp then try and install magisk not supersu.
    See how that goes.

Make sure you have the stock firmware to hand just in case.
    working perfectly. 1000 thanks
    ( CPU still shows 0)

---------- Post added at 05:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:50 AM ----------

just a question sir, is there any way to get official samsung updates to a rooted device

You can use ODIN and download the firmware or simply restore the stock boot image. As long as your system partition remains untouched you will then be able to download the ota.