• Introducing XDA Computing: Discussion zones for Hardware, Software, and more!    Check it out!

[TWRP-3.1.1] Unofficial TWRP for the UMI SUPER

Search This thread

joe2k01

Dec 13, 2015
Cagliari (Sardinia)
Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

CHANGELOG for 3.1.1-0:
-waiting for official docs, looks like any thread has been updated.. Nor official website

CHANGELOG for 3.1.0-0:

-vold decrypt on a few select HTC devices, TWRP will now attempt to use the system partition's vold and vdc binaries and libraries to decrypt the data partition (nkk71 and CaptainThrowback)
-adb backup to stream a backup directly to or from your PC, see documentation here: doc (bigbiff)
-tweak MTP startup routines (mdmower)
-support new Android 7.x xattrs for backup and restore to fix loss of data after a restore (Dees_Troy)
-support POSIX file capabilities backup and restore to fix VoLTE on HTC devices and possibly other issues (Dees_Troy)
-better indicate to users that internal storage is not backed up (Dees_Troy)
-improve automatic determination of TW_THEME (mdmower)
-minimal getcap and setcap support (_that)
-try mounting both ext4 and f2fs during decrypt (jcadduono and Dees_Troy)
-shut off backlight with power key (mdmower)
-timeout during FDE decrypt (Dees_Troy and nkk71)
-support for FBE decrypt and backing up and restoring FBE policies (Dees_Troy)
-boot slot support (Dees_Troy)
-TWRP app install prompt during reboot (Dees_Troy)
-support for AB OTA zips (Dees_Troy)
-support new Android 7.x log command (Dees_Troy)
-update recovery sources to AOSP 7.1 (Dees_Troy)
-numerous bugfixes and improvements by too many people to mention

INSTALLATION:
Most devices can be updated quickly and easily within TWRP if you already have version 2.8.4.0 or higher installed
1) Download the latest version above
2) Reboot to TWRP
3) Hit Install and tap the "Install Image" button in the lower right
4) Browse to the location of the TWRP image on your device and select it
5) Select recovery from the partition list and swipe to flash

To install from SP Flash Tools:
1) Download scatter file attached to this post
2) Load scatter file into SPFT
3) Plug USB cable into device and computer
4) Press download in SPFT
5) Reboot device

Download:
3.1.0: Google Drive
3.1.1: Android File Host

XDA:DevDB Information
Unofficial TWRP for the UMI SUPER, Tool/Utility for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
joe2k01
Source Code: https://github.com/joe2k01/android_device_umi_SUPER/tree/TWRP

Version Information

Created 2017-03-19
Last Updated 2017-05-14

gayfagxxx

Mar 19, 2017
Flashing said OK in Flash Tool but nothing is different in power+volup or power+voldown.
Using the latest March rom from their forum.

rexbauru

Jun 14, 2015
Same problem as the friends above @SerialFlasher33 and @gayfagxxx .

I transfer the TWRP successfully via sp flash tool, pore at the time of loading anything on the screen nothing.

Already tried several versions of TWRP.

Here I have android 7 already with update.

joe2k01

Dec 13, 2015
Cagliari (Sardinia)

I transfer the TWRP successfully via sp flash tool, pore at the time of loading anything on the screen nothing.

Same problem !
any solutions :confused: :crying:

Flashing said OK in Flash Tool but nothing is different in power+volup or power+voldown.

You must boot in TWRP exactly after flashing it: Flash in SPFT then start pressing volup and then press power

Reactions: rexbauru

gayfagxxx

Mar 19, 2017
You must boot in TWRP exactly after flashing it: Flash in SPFT then start pressing volup and then press power

Thanks, this worked.
I used the latest march rom on my phone and loaded the scatter from the same rom. I obtained the rom file and the flash tool on the UMi forums.
Then I un-ticked everything and changed the location to the recovery, pressed download, shutdown my phone, waited for it to be done, unplugged it, held volup+power and now it works.

bastard81

Nov 2, 2010
venezia
Unfortunately for me it does not work ... I tried to start immediately the phone into recovery but after a short flash the display starts the system stock umi :(

bastard81

Nov 2, 2010
venezia
@bastard81 can you try to connect your phone(powered on) and from adb type adb reboot recovery ?

I tried, but even this system seems to not work. The phone will restart, and for a moment I see the display flashing. After it starts immediately with the system but without going into recovery ...
I do not know what else to try .. From the developer options have also enabled the oem unlock. Also tried without. Reinstalled 3 times with spflashtool and everything works perfectly. But the recovery just does not want to work.
Ps thanks for your support :)

joe2k01

Dec 13, 2015
Cagliari (Sardinia)
I tried, but even this system seems to not work. The phone will restart, and for a moment I see the display flashing. After it starts immediately with the system but without going into recovery ...
I do not know what else to try .. From the developer options have also enabled the oem unlock. Also tried without. Reinstalled 3 times with spflashtool and everything works perfectly. But the recovery just does not want to work.

I guess you some how corrupted recovery partition, try to backup your IMEIs and then try the option format all+reflash on SPFT. You'll lose IMEI

GrAlNik

Jun 16, 2015
N.NOVGOROD
Hi joe2k01 from the forum 4PDA. Thanks for the work. Put Your TWRP3.1.0 through TWRP3.0.2 and tested on firmware v7.01_20170123. While there are no errors.

allanjohnkemp

Oct 3, 2016
Cant Get into Anything But TWRP

I Flashed Twrp, Twrp works fine, just nothing else. Even flashed a rom and have no boot just twrp.

TIA

danixx77

Apr 12, 2009
Varese
The same for me:(:(

ruben parra

Oct 26, 2011
TJ
Im on stock v3.02_20161121 odex from silent27 had TWRP 3.02 and just flashed TWRP 3.1.1 super img. over and it worked just fine.
On top of that flashed a twrp theme(310x v.2 hdpi light play theme by z31s1g) wich on TWRP 3.02 themes didnt worked for me.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Team Win Recovery Project 3.x, or twrp3 for short, is a custom recovery built with ease of use and customization in mind. Its a fully touch driven user interface no more volume rocker or power buttons to mash. The GUI is also fully XML driven and completely theme-able. You can change just about every aspect of the look and feel.

CHANGELOG for 3.1.1-0:
    -waiting for official docs, looks like any thread has been updated.. Nor official website

CHANGELOG for 3.1.0-0:

-vold decrypt on a few select HTC devices, TWRP will now attempt to use the system partition's vold and vdc binaries and libraries to decrypt the data partition (nkk71 and CaptainThrowback)
    -adb backup to stream a backup directly to or from your PC, see documentation here: doc (bigbiff)
    -tweak MTP startup routines (mdmower)
    -support new Android 7.x xattrs for backup and restore to fix loss of data after a restore (Dees_Troy)
    -support POSIX file capabilities backup and restore to fix VoLTE on HTC devices and possibly other issues (Dees_Troy)
    -better indicate to users that internal storage is not backed up (Dees_Troy)
    -improve automatic determination of TW_THEME (mdmower)
    -minimal getcap and setcap support (_that)
    -try mounting both ext4 and f2fs during decrypt (jcadduono and Dees_Troy)
    -shut off backlight with power key (mdmower)
    -timeout during FDE decrypt (Dees_Troy and nkk71)
    -support for FBE decrypt and backing up and restoring FBE policies (Dees_Troy)
    -boot slot support (Dees_Troy)
    -TWRP app install prompt during reboot (Dees_Troy)
    -support for AB OTA zips (Dees_Troy)
    -support new Android 7.x log command (Dees_Troy)
    -update recovery sources to AOSP 7.1 (Dees_Troy)
    -numerous bugfixes and improvements by too many people to mention

INSTALLATION:
    Most devices can be updated quickly and easily within TWRP if you already have version 2.8.4.0 or higher installed
    1) Download the latest version above
    2) Reboot to TWRP
    3) Hit Install and tap the "Install Image" button in the lower right
    4) Browse to the location of the TWRP image on your device and select it
    5) Select recovery from the partition list and swipe to flash

To install from SP Flash Tools:
    1) Download scatter file attached to this post
    2) Load scatter file into SPFT
    3) Plug USB cable into device and computer
    4) Press download in SPFT
    5) Reboot device

Download:
    3.1.0: Google Drive
    3.1.1: Android File Host

XDA:DevDB Information
    Unofficial TWRP for the UMI SUPER, Tool/Utility for all devices (see above for details)

Contributors
    joe2k01
    Source Code: https://github.com/joe2k01/android_device_umi_SUPER/tree/TWRP

Version Information

Created 2017-03-19
    Last Updated 2017-05-14

Same problem !
    any solutions :confused: :crying:

@bastard81 can you try to connect your phone(powered on) and from adb type adb reboot recovery ?
    Team Win Recovery Project 3.x
    you ****ing young hacker. you need to make reference to the authors , when you take other people's files...
    you ****ing young hacker. you need to make reference to the authors , when you take other people's files...

WTF is wrong with you man? You are in the credits list on GitHub. I took only your kernel since you are anti-opensource and don't want to explain how you built it.