TWRP 3.2.1-0 for ZB553KL/ZD553KL

Search This thread

Rempoiiii

Mar 2, 2018
Hello guys, I'm sorry for the question but ... I recently blocked the bootloader by fastboot (to get the rom for android 9 but, I didn't know I didn't need it) Now I want to unlock it again, but I can't because the unlocking application says an unknown error is occurring and the oem unlock option is not active (it appears, but in a gray tone) someone has been through this and knows how to solve it, thanks:dedos cruzados:

First of all, are you sure you have a ZD553KL/ZB553KL? Because as far as I know, there is NO LEGAL WAY TO RELOCK THE BOOTLOADER. Even if you did in an unofficial way, it's unadvisable.

If you just needed the latest ANDROID 9 BETA ROM. You can do a manual update even if your bootloader is unlocked. A MANUAL UPDATE WILL STILL WORK REGARDLESS OF BOOTLOADER STATUS.

Just download the rom from their site and flash it manually on a stock recovery

Rempoiiii

Mar 2, 2018
Yes I have a zd553kl and I typed the command (fastboot oem lock) so I said I didn't know, now I'm on the Android 9 rom and the option is there but I can't activate it :(

Then just try to "fastboot oem unlock" it and see if it will reunlock itself.

There is another unlock command but i forgot what it is. Its similar to "fastboot oem unlock" but not the "oem" word

First of all, are you sure you have a ZD553KL/ZB553KL? Because as far as I know, there is NO LEGAL WAY TO RELOCK THE BOOTLOADER. Even if you did in an unofficial way, it's unadvisable.

If you just needed the latest ANDROID 9 BETA ROM. You can do a manual update even if your bootloader is unlocked. A MANUAL UPDATE WILL STILL WORK REGARDLESS OF BOOTLOADER STATUS.

Just download the rom from their site and flash it manually on a stock recovery

Then just try to "fastboot oem unlock" it and see if it will reunlock itself.

There is another unlock command but i forgot what it is. Its similar to "fastboot oem unlock" but not the "oem" word

I tried and appeared (allow oem option in developer settings)

Rempoiiii

Mar 2, 2018
I tried and appeared (allow oem option in developer settings)

Hmm then I think you're stuck. Try clearing the data of your settings app and see if you can tick the oem unlocking option. Otherwise, you can flash back to the stock Asus oreo rom IF you can find a legit copy of its stock rom and IF you know how to use Qualcomm flash tools; cause I never used any of that.

Hmm then I think you're stuck. Try clearing the data of your settings app and see if you can tick the oem unlocking option. Otherwise, you can flash back to the stock Asus oreo rom IF you can find a legit copy of its stock rom and IF you know how to use Qualcomm flash tools; cause I never used any of that.

I've been reading in some forums and it seems that after 168 hours this option comes back to be activated, because I recently blocked it, if it doesn't work I will try to downgrade to nougat rom again

I come here to say that after downloading the zc600kl model unlock tool, it worked on my zenfone 4 selfie and I unlocked the bootloader again, this is a little strange

---------- Post added at 08:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:10 AM ----------

Can anyone tell me why I can't mount data storage on twrp? I tried to format it and also decrypt it, but every time I start on twrp, it doesn't recognize the internal memory

Kumar201801

Jul 17, 2018
TWRP Recovery 3.2.1-0 for Asus Zenfone 4 Selfie Lite/ Selfie

Instructions :
Update your software firmware to 14.0400.1803.192-20180302 [IMPORTANT]

Then Unlock your bootloader using this tool:
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/Ze...47.1956599541.1522883646-782411292.1521405254

After unlocking your bootloader, Flash this twrp via fastboot

type fastboot flash recovery [recoveryname].img

Twrp link (UPDATED AS OF SEPTEMBER 13, 2018 : https://mega.nz/#!Zk4j0SiY!aDzVa43whmy7GNz6Ww8qY-xrbIC1TmRWjGZcliU_l7w

Big Credits to xda user shakalaca for this twrp
and also me for testing and confirming that this twrp is working at its stable!

XDA:DevDB Information
RECOVERY, Tool/Utility for the Asus ZenFone 4 Selfie, Selfie Pro

Contributors
Rempoiiii, shakalaca, Rempoiiii

Version Information
Stable

Created 2018-04-04
Last Updated 2018-04-04

I have ZD553KL, Zenfone selfie 4. I tried to flash using

Code:
sudo fastboot flash recovery twrp321.img

at first boot after flashing if i hold power button and volume down. I am getting a blank screen, instead of TWRP. If I normally boot into Android and then reboot and hold Power button and Volume down, i get default recovery mode, instead of TWRP (Possibly android replaced/repaired the recovery)

Can anyone help

kankanevzat

Jul 9, 2020
Can you update the download link? I really need this file. I searched a lot on the internet but couldn't find it anywhere else.

theskyisviolet

Jun 6, 2023
Hi! I have a Zenfone zd553kl. Can I still unlock the bootloader even the phone is running in android 9 beta? Should I downgrade or what? Pls help 🙂

While unlocking with the unlock device tool, I'm always receiving a network connection error. How do I fix this? My internet connection is stable
ASUS already dropped support for this device thus the reason for that network error. But you can still unlock the bootloader for this device. Do not ask me how I did it but I will provide the tips you will need.

Follow these Tips:
1. Look at github for a known & popular repository tool for qcom EDL.
2. Read and understand carefully the README.md.
3. Setup the tool in your machine and try to execute the command with luck.
4. ** Important ** if the code below fails, do not give up as I previously did, try downgrading or upgrading your ROM using fastboot or adb sideload.
Code:
modules oemunlock enable
fastboot flashing get_unlock_ability (should be 1)
fastboot flashing unlock_critical
fastboot flashing unlock
fastboot oem unlock
fastboot oem device-info

You're welcome!

Detailed Instructions

Last edited:

theskyisviolet

Jun 6, 2023
ASUS already dropped support for this device thus the reason for that network error. But you can still unlock the bootloader for this device. Do not ask me how I did it but I will provide the tips you will need.

Follow these Tips:
1. Look at github for a known & popular repository tool for qcom EDL.
2. Read and understand carefully the README.md.
3. Setup the tool in your machine and try to execute the command with luck.
4. ** Important ** if the code below fails, do not give up as I previously did, try downgrading or upgrading your ROM using fastboot or adb sideload.
Code:
modules oemunlock enable
fastboot flashing get_unlock_ability (should be 1)
fastboot flashing unlock_critical
fastboot flashing unlock
fastboot oem unlock
fastboot oem device-info

You're welcome!

Detailed Instructions
Hi there! About the tools provided, it requires me to use serial port as I'm using windows instead of Linux. However, I don't have it(the serial port). Is there anything I can solve this?

Hi there! About the tools provided, it requires me to use serial port as I'm using windows instead of Linux. However, I don't have it(the serial port). Is there anything I can solve this?
I cannot help you with that as I am not the developer of that tool. Read carefully the Readme.md in that repository, you can try other things written in there. I am also using windows 10 but such trivial matters did not stop me. Here is another tip: Try using the live dvd if you cannot make it work in Windows. As mentioned in the issues page that the latest UsbDk has some issues in windows.

For issues regarding the serial port as you mentioned. You need to put your phone in EDL mode to make it work. If EDL is already detected in Windows try it in the Live DVD Version.

Top Liked Posts