TWRP 3.2.1-0 port

levone1

Dec 28, 2014
Ported TWRP 3.2.1-0 from official X performance build.
You must have patched boot img with dm-verity and forced encryption disabled to flash anything or modify /system. Use rootkernel method posted in guides forum.
Note that I don't know anything about this stuff, I just followed a guide and it happened to work. I couldn't tell you anything technical.

https://mega.nz/#!Qs1CFSgZ!BVGolTbK6CRH0LBTw5By2p9yHAdUfjAjfq5KLyKB6cQ
Update - now working on O with root - https://forum.xda-developers.com/x-compact/how-to/stock-8-0-root-recovery-t3747479
Note - decrypt data not working, but system mods working normally.

Attachments

Last edited:

pw1nce

Oct 12, 2013
mardan
Ported TWRP 3.2.1-0 from official X performance build, if anyone wants to try. I was wondering if it might work on our new O, but its doesn't, (same issues as 3.1.1). Anyway, besides that, it seems working pretty good on N, so figured I'd share...
Note that I don't know anything about this stuff, I just followed a guide and it happened to work. I couldn't tell you anything technical.

https://mega.nz/#!Qs1CFSgZ!BVGolTbK6CRH0LBTw5By2p9yHAdUfjAjfq5KLyKB6cQ
Did you install it on your x compact? Did it work?

trewelu

Aug 14, 2010
Does this one support decrypting an encrypted partition? I set a pin lock on the system and have encryption enabled. Entering the pin doesn't decrypt ir in twrp

levone1

Dec 28, 2014
Does this one support decrypting an encrypted partition? I set a pin lock on the system and have encryption enabled. Entering the pin doesn't decrypt ir in twrp
Haven't tested encryption, but according to twrp changelog, issues on O were improved in 3.2, so probably won't work with anything older. Test and let us know...

levone1

Dec 28, 2014
BTW - you know that you have to patch boot img to disable dm-verity and forced encryption? Use rootkernel method.

trewelu

Aug 14, 2010
BTW - you know that you have to patch boot img to disable dm-verity and forced encryption? Use rootkernel method.
I know. I just intentionally keeping the force-encrypt. I tried all of pin, password on swipe/none. None of them work on twrp. I am not sure whether I did something wrong or it is not supported.

Next time I flash I would consider disabling the force encrypt.

levone1

Dec 28, 2014
I know. I just intentionally keeping the force-encrypt. I tried all of pin, password on swipe/none. None of them work on twrp. I am not sure whether I did something wrong or it is not supported.

Next time I flash I would consider disabling the force encrypt.
I don't think it will work as long as Sony force encrypt is active. You can encrypt device through settings if you want. Maybe a more official TWRP will be able to do it...