TWRP 3.2.1 FOR BLACKBERRY KEYONE(None bootloader version)

Search This thread

sinkoo1979

Hey man, 1st of all - thank you so much for all the hard work you've done

I tried doing as you've said

That's what I get:

fastboot devices

1164180706 fastboot

fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.2.1-0-keyone.img

Sending 'recovery' (25532 KB) FAILED (remote: 'authboot command permission denied')
fastboot: error: Command failed

Some kind of permission error

I really need to get root access on my BlackBerry keyone - I hope I can make it with Magisk after installing TWRP

any suggestions?
remove password or passcode and retry. Didn't work for me either.
Anybody got this to work other than OP?

Last edited:

RipenedCoconut

Feb 28, 2021
It's only test on blackberry keyone none bootloader version

fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.2.1-0-keyone.img

Sending 'recovery' (25532 KB) FAILED (remote: 'authboot command permission denied')
I'm guessing you mean the Keyone in the video is a rare development device and has a factory unlocked bootloader.... so we can't flash this TWRP image on retail devices. If so, huge bummer.

OP did nice work porting it though! Maybe one day we'll figure out how to get the bootloader unlocked.

nmlsdev

May 21, 2022
Edit for context:
My device is a brand new BlackBerry KeyOne model BBB100-3 that has not been patched yet. I unwrapped this one about a week ago, and have a spare still in the shrink-wrap ready to go as a backup.

Screenshot_20220521-160229.png

OP, thank you kindly for your hard work. I am currently able to flash the image successfully, but I can't quite figure out how to actually boot into it. Trying to boot directly using the fastboot utility results in an error (see below). Any tips?

Code:
sudo fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.2.1-0-keyone.img
Sending 'recovery' (25532 KB)                      OKAY [  0.810s]
Writing 'recovery'                                 OKAY [  0.394s]
Finished. Total time: 1.250s

Code:
sudo fastboot boot twrp-3.2.1-0-keyone.img
Sending 'boot.img' (25532 KB)                      OKAY [  0.774s]
Booting                                            FAILED (remote: 'unknown command')

datlaunchystark

May 27, 2022
Are you going to post instructions/documentation on how to install/boot this recovery on the keyone and what roms work with it? I would really like to run a newer version of android on this phone.
I have BBB100-1 keyone.

nmlsdev

May 21, 2022
Are you going to post instructions/documentation on how to install/boot this recovery on the keyone and what roms work with it? I would really like to run a newer version of android on this phone.
I have BBB100-1 keyone.
If I can get things working I'd love to. I've had a Pixel XL running Lineage since around 2018 and this keyone is the replacement I wound up with. Frankly, I find it unacceptable that you can NOT use 90% of the apps that come with the phone without a Google account or requiring Google services being enabled (not even mentioning the outdated BlackBerry services nonsense...). Now that I have a version of TWRP that I can at least *write* to the device, even if it doesn't boot, I plan on unpacking it and trying to work out exactly what they changed to see if I can fix this issue. I've posted the only two commands I've run on this thing that resulted in anything interesting, but if anyone else has anything of note I'd love to hear it. I've basically run my eyes over every post regarding root on the keyone at this point so I'd love some more input on everything!

datlaunchystark

May 27, 2022
If I can get things working I'd love to. I've had a Pixel XL running Lineage since around 2018 and this keyone is the replacement I wound up with. Frankly, I find it unacceptable that you can NOT use 90% of the apps that come with the phone without a Google account or requiring Google services being enabled (not even mentioning the outdated BlackBerry services nonsense...). Now that I have a version of TWRP that I can at least *write* to the device, even if it doesn't boot, I plan on unpacking it and trying to work out exactly what they changed to see if I can fix this issue. I've posted the only two commands I've run on this thing that resulted in anything interesting, but if anyone else has anything of note I'd love to hear it. I've basically run my eyes over every post regarding root on the keyone at this point so I'd love some more input on everything!
I'm honestly new to the whole android modding scene so I don't know a lot about it honestly. I found this video which shows the keyone booting into 'bootloader mode' which might bring you into TWRP?
Let me know if that works as I'm curious.

nmlsdev

May 21, 2022
I'm honestly new to the whole android modding scene so I don't know a lot about it honestly. I found this video which shows the keyone booting into 'bootloader mode' which might bring you into TWRP?
Let me know if that works as I'm curious.
Thanks for the try, but unfortunately on my device "fastboot mode" doesn't actually bring me anywhere, and the only way for me to get into fastboot is to use the command line to reboot the phone manually from my computer. The other options work as expected, but alas are mostly unhelpful. I'll update the post later when I have another camera to demonstrate what manually rebooting into the bootloader via adb does for me, but don't wait on the edge of your seat for it (spoiler, it's a picture of a dead android and an error message)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hay guys this is the first TWRP for blackberry
    It's already can use keyboard touch and none bug
    For some reason i cant open source my code,im sorry about it
    How to flash it?
    1.make your keyone into fastboot mode
    2.use fastboot.exe to flash twrp
    3.fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.2.1-0-keyone.img
    maybe someone don't think this is real,so i provide a video
    TWRP ON BLACKBERRY KEYONE
    DOWNLOAD LINK
    Hay guys this is the first TWRP for blackberry
    It's already can use keyboard touch and none bug
    For some reason i cant open source my code,im sorry about it
    How to flash it?
    1.make your keyone into fastboot mode
    2.use fastboot.exe to flash twrp
    3.fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.2.1-0-keyone.img
    maybe someone don't think this is real,so i provide a video
    TWRP ON BLACKBERRY KEYONE
    DOWNLOAD LINK
    Is it possible to install custom rom if you already install TWRP?