I haven't looked at your tree. I am using my branch and trying to figure out why the device doesn't work with the legacy encryption option mode.Awesome, yeah I figured as much - I forked your branch which is only two days old!
I'm really super keen to get it working though, I don't mind doing parallel work - you know the "official" rules better than I do, I'm just happy to help.
So take a look at my fork for some tips if you like, I made a push recently.
EDIT: Nevermind the following rant. Things started being predictable and sane now that I'm using android-11.0.0_r46 tag for dependencies (latest October 2021 update is built against r46).Recent findings, and some questions for you if you don't mind:
- Is it a requirement (or even possible?) to have SELinux enforcing under Recovery? I've been trying to get that working for stock kernel compat (obviously can't add permissive to commandline) but now I'm wondering if it we should just call
setenforce 0early - is that enough? I did notice the permissive.sh script but I have't investigated when/where that's called yet.
- I was talking to flex and he said he thinks it's practically impossible to "fastboot boot" a modified stock kernel; you need some kernel hacks to get it to mark as a successful boot. Is this something TWRP can fix, or does everyone build TWRP with a custom zImage (like I'm already doing)?
- I removed some prebuilts in the tree and added some required dependencies. Namely missing sepolicy for pixel and the included kernel modules for touch. Do you know where those touch modules came from? Are they source-built from CAF maybe? Using the modules from crosshatch-kernel instead like I do seems to work fine, regardless of kernel I'm using. Not a big deal, but I'm curious if there's better/newer blobs compared to crosshatch-kernel prebuilts from android11-release branch.
Anyway, take a look at recent commits: the commit messages should be descriptive enough for you to decide if anything is interesting or not: https://github.com/cosmicdan/android_device_google_crosshatch/commits/android-11
If you could take a look at these two commits, I believe they're both important:
For building TWRP for the Pixel 3 and 3 XL ONLY. Contribute to cosmicdan/android_device_google_crosshatch development by creating an account on GitHub.github.comFor building TWRP for the Pixel 3 and 3 XL ONLY. Contribute to cosmicdan/android_device_google_crosshatch development by creating an account on GitHub.github.com
The immediate two problems I can see are:
- Data not being mounted (I might take a look at that)
- Fastbootd not working (no USB device). I noticed you did a lot of the work for that in TWRP so you'll probably figure that out before I do
Thanks for your work!
EDIT: Just to be clear, I'm more than happy for you to re-author my changes as your own - no stress or drama here, it's not my original code or anything lol all I want is a working TWRP