TWRP 3.2.3-1 for Pixel Devices

Search This thread

Arvarkr

Sep 24, 2019
Milan
Does TWRP 3.3.1-2.img/zip ( Marlin - 10/12/2019) work with Android 10?
To me no. 3.3.0-0 works for me but I still can't mount vendor and system.

---------- Post added at 11:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 PM ----------

0-0. Any of the other fail mount for system and vendor
I use 3.3.0-0 and cannot mount system and vendor. Went back to Android 10 stock flashing everything manually then installed again 3.3.0-0. As previously it sticks, flashes (root ok with Magisk) but doesn't mount system and vendor. What's wrong?

Homeboy76

Recognized Contributor
Aug 24, 2012
Google Pixel 8 Pro
That's too bad. If it was available through an update.zip, that might work directly from the bootloader so a second device isn't required...

I'm still on P and I believe there were /system mounting issues with Magisk in Q so I held off. There's a new version of Magisk out so if it addresses the full root issues in Q, I'll try it out once more Xposed modules work with Q.

I'm really liking the features in GravityBox, in EdXposed SandyHook variant, on P. Fingerprint tap screen off feature is awesome. I'm not sure if edXposed or GravityBox are fully available for Q yet.

EDIT: I just figured out how to boot to the inactive slot while running Android, without TWRP or fastboot. I can't believe that the answer was staring at me the whole time. In Magisk select "Install to Inactive Slot (After OTA)". upon reboot, inactive slot will be selected and I can get to TWRP recovery from the bootloader on slot b.
If you are were talking about Magisk when you wrote "If it was available through an update.zip..." I believe Magisk-20.0.zip is flashable.

---------- Post added at 11:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:29 PM ----------

I use 3.3.0-0 and cannot mount system and vendor. Went back to Android 10 stock flashing everything manually then installed again 3.3.0-0. As previously it sticks, flashes (root ok with Magisk) but doesn't mount system and vendor. What's wrong?
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Last edited:

jdmst77

Feb 19, 2012
If you are were talking about Magisk when you wrote "If it was available through an update.zip..." I believe Magisk-20.0.zip is flashable.

Not Magisk in an update.zip, just the ability to change slots without a 2nd device. I was thinking that an update.zip might work until I realized that Magisk's framework natively does that boots to the inactive slot. I wasn't able to find any instructions for changing slots without fastboot or TWRP anywhere

Last edited:

Soooperstar

Dec 14, 2013
Charlotte

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191016-164246_Settings.jpg
    Screenshot_20191016-164246_Settings.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 308

fiveighteen

Sep 30, 2014
No its the real 10 flashed on Android 10 firmware
Huh? The developer of Liquid Remix wrote:,"This is a Liquid Remix 10.1 (Android 10 build). This build includes gapps. Enjoy!"
Ah, thanks. I was going crazy searching the forum and re-reading the OP of that thread until figuring out it's just a link on a post on the last/most-recent page lol. Maybe will get put on OP or a new thread when more features are added. Sorry for the confusion, but happy I'm wrong so I can try this out! :laugh:

flash713

May 7, 2015
Google Pixel 6
Not from my experience with trying to install for LOS 17.
I had to reinstall LOS to get root back..... Magisk wouldn't stick.
More experienced people might have better luck?

I've been using Magisk Canary on LOS 17 about a week and a few days and never lost root. I only have used twrp 3.3.0-0 and none of the other twrp recoveries. I read over and over how 3300 works best so I've been setting on that waiting to see if we end up getting something else. Seeing how we don't have a twrp that can mount vendor and system it must be an extremely hard thing to do because these twrp guys are very smart and know their stuff!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    TLDR: It's here and it may eat your data, and you will lose SuperSU root if currently installed. READ the install instructions carefully!

Pixel XL

Pixel

DO NOT RESTORE DATA FROM alpha builds of TWRP using RC1. You will probably lose all data including internal storage. If you need to restore a data backup from an alpha build, reinstall the alpha and restore using the alpha and make a new backup using RC1.

Note: Do not use if you have multiple users (including a guest user)

File Based Encryption (FBE) can be a bit tricky. If a restore doesn't work correctly, it can trigger an automatic wipe of your data. Sometimes TWRP will fail to prompt you to enter your password or otherwise fail to set up decrypt properly. If this happens, reboot TWRP. It seems to be some kind of timing issue and I haven't had time to track it down yet.

Pixel devices have 2 "slots" for ROMs / firmware. TWRP will detect whichever slot is currently active and use that slot for backup AND restore. There are buttons on the reboot page and under backup -> options to change slots. Changing the active slot will cause TWRP to switch which slot that TWRP is backing up or restoring. You can make a backup of slot A, switch to B, then restore the backup which will restore the backup of A to slot B. Changing the slot in TWRP also tells the bootloader to boot that slot.

The zip install method installs TWRP to both slots.

Installation:
    If you already have TWRP installed: Download the latest zip and install the zip using TWRP.

If you do not already have TWRP installed: Download both the img and the zip. Copy the zip to your device. You will need to have fastboot binaries and the correct drivers installed. Power off your device completely. Hold volume down and turn on the device. Your device should now be in the bootloader. Connect the device to your PC. Open a command window and run the following command from the proper location:

fastboot boot path/to/twrp.img

This will temporarily boot TWRP on your device. If you are using a lockscreen pin/pattern/password and do not get prompted to enter your passord, reboot to the bootloader and try again. Go to install and browse to the zip and install the zip. If you are currently rooted with SuperSU, you will need to reflash the stock boot image before installing TWRP. After installing the stock boot image, follow the instructions for installing TWRP. Once TWRP is installed, grab the very latest SuperSU released on 2015-11-15 or later and install SuperSU.

If you accidently flash TWRP to your device using fastboot instead of temporarily booting the image, you will need to download the latest factory image for your device and reflash the boot image.

NOTE about 3.2.1-0: This version will decrypt Android 8.1, however the new image is built in Android 8.1 and may not be compatible with SuperSU and/or Magisk until they update their stuff. I have not tested. Good luck.

3.2.1-1 has working decrypt with the February security patch!
    3.2.1-2 fixes some zip install errors
    3.2.3-1 supports decrypting Android 9.0 Pie even with a pin / pattern / password set
    How to install SuperSU SR5 on TWRP RC1: In TWRP tap on Advanced -> File Manager and scroll to and select the fstab.marlin or fstab.sailfish file and then delete it.
    How to install SuperSU SR5 on TWRP RC1: In TWRP tap on Advanced -> File Manager and scroll to and select the fstab.marlin or fstab.sailfish file and then delete it.
    SuperSU v2.79-SR1 was just released.

It works for me on my Pixel XL running 7.1 with TWRP RC1, but I have not updated my device to 7.1.1 yet. I suggest you try again and let me know.

Note that I don't really follow this thread, so either specifically mention me ( @Chainfire ) or post your results in the SuperSU BETA thread ( http://xdaforums.com/apps/supersu/2014-09-02-supersu-v2-05-t2868133 ).