TWRP 3.2.3-2 for Pixel 3

Search This thread

Spannaa

Recognized Contributor / Themer
Sep 13, 2010
Cardiff
Huawei Nexus 6P
Google Pixel 5
nor does it seem to allow for backing up/restoring apps and data separately, or handling system apps distinctly from user apps.
It's off topic here but Swift is different to TiBu.
You can backup and restore apps, splits, data, external data and expansion both in bulk and/or individually for both user and system apps.
Read the Swift FAQ.

klemi71

Jun 6, 2018
Google Pixel 3
I updated my Pixel 3 Android 11 from May to June. So far, so good. But flashing patched Magisk boot.img doesn't work, my device doesn't boot up. Reflashing stock boot to both slots works, but root is lost.
I can use fastboot to boot into twrp-3.4.0-0-test6 build, but data partition is encrypted though I set no password. Is there a way to fix this? I don't want to flash TWRP, just boot into it to solve my issue without having to set up my complete phone again after clean install.
Please try to help.

dcarvil

Apr 20, 2016
I updated my Pixel 3 Android 11 from May to June. So far, so good. But flashing patched Magisk boot.img doesn't work, my device doesn't boot up. Reflashing stock boot to both slots works, but root is lost.
I can use fastboot to boot into twrp-3.4.0-0-test6 build, but data partition is encrypted though I set no password. Is there a way to fix this? I don't want to flash TWRP, just boot into it to solve my issue without having to set up my complete phone again after clean install.
Please try to help.
I don't think any TWRP builds work on Android 11. You may have a Magisk module causing your boot problem. Try disabling all modules. See https://www.didgeridoohan.com/magisk/MagiskModuleIssues, section "Disabling/uninstalling modules manually".

I had no problems with the June update, but have no modules.

lunalsmojo

Mar 26, 2019
Ypsilanti
For v3.5, is there an installable zip file? The link posted connected me to a download for img, but no zip. Thank you for the hard work on this.

To everyone else:
Come on guys, @bigbiff and @rawstar11 (and anyone else, I only went back one page) are spending their personal time building this for us. Let's do less hating and show a little bit more gratitude

I understand it's frustrating when it's not working how you want, or it doesn't immediately solve your issue. It's your phone, I get it. We live on our phones. But if we're so dependent on the people building these things that we can't ever solve any of our own issues, especially things like figuring out that the build is for Android 10 and therefore won't work on Android 11, then we probably shouldn't be flashing our devices in the first place.

Thank any/all developers that have built something that you have enjoyed. They work hard, they have lives outside of xda, and they are people too. People appreciate hearing a simple "thank you" from time to time

laffin_boy

Dec 15, 2021
I'm hoping for guidance in installing a TWRP boot image. My goal is to install TWRP, Magisk & then LinkageOS 17.1 - having no Google anything on this phone

I have a Pixel 3 with a newly installed version of A10 on it. (downgraded from A 11) The bootloader is unlocked. I have ADB, USB drivers, etc on my Win 7 computer.

From my Win console I reboot into bootloader mode and then send: "fastboot boot twrp.img" (twrp.img is renamed from "twrp-3.3.0-0-blueline.img" and is in the ADB folder). (I've checked the file's SHA-256 & it's good)

The console says:
"Sending boot.img (65536 kb) OKAY [ 0.328 s ]
Booting OKAY [ 16.526s ]
Finished. Total Time 17.009s

and then it reboots into the Android OS !

What am I doing wrong ?

dcarvil

Apr 20, 2016
Reactions: curiousrom

bigbiff

Senior Recognized Developer
Jun 8, 2010
No problems found on my P3 with LOS 18.1 and a PIN. Did a backup and cruised through the menu options. I didn't try to install anything, as I can't risk being without my phone at the moment.

Great work, thanks for it. I had given up on TWRP for this phone.
Thanks, I am going to make a new thread for supporting blueline since @Dees_Troy is busy these days.

Reactions: dcarvil

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    MTP does not work in TWRP on the Pixel 3 and will not work until we have time to update the TWRP MTP implementation. You may still use adb to push and pull files.

Pixel devices have 2 "slots" for ROMs / firmware. TWRP will detect whichever slot is currently active and use that slot for backup AND restore. There are buttons on the reboot page and under backup -> options to change slots. Changing the active slot will cause TWRP to switch which slot that TWRP is backing up or restoring. You can make a backup of slot A, switch to B, then restore the backup which will restore the backup of A to slot B. Changing the slot in TWRP also tells the bootloader to boot that slot.

The zip install method installs TWRP to both slots.

Installation:
    If you already have TWRP installed: Download the latest zip and install the zip using TWRP.

If you do not already have TWRP installed: Download both the img and the zip. Copy the zip to your device. You will need to have fastboot binaries and the correct drivers installed. Power off your device completely. Hold volume down and turn on the device. Your device should now be in the bootloader. Connect the device to your PC. Open a command window and run the following command from the proper location:

fastboot boot path/to/twrp.img

This will temporarily boot TWRP on your device. If you are using a lockscreen pin/pattern/password and do not get prompted to enter your passord, reboot to the bootloader and try again. Go to install and browse to the zip and install the zip. If you are currently rooted, you will need to reflash the stock boot image before installing TWRP. After installing the stock boot image, follow the instructions for installing TWRP. Once TWRP is installed, you will need to reflash root.

If you accidently flash TWRP to your device using fastboot instead of temporarily booting the image, you will need to download the latest factory image for your device and reflash the boot image.

3.2.3-0: Initial release for the Pixel 3 devices

Pixel 3:
    https://twrp.me/google/googlepixel3.html
    https://dl.twrp.me/blueline/

Pixel 3 XL:
    https://twrp.me/google/googlepixel3xl.html
    https://dl.twrp.me/crosshatch/
    @Dees_Troy:

Any chance for an updated version of TWRP with the fix for the infamous "Error applying update: 18 (ErrorCode:: DownloadPayloadPubKeyVerificationError)" issue? I think the version for crosshatch (Pixel 3XL) already has those fixes included.
    In my opinion as we all have one I'm sure
    Just disappointed coming back to Google after being a nexus fan and flashaholic. Seems oneplus is the unofficial new nexus in terms of mods/rom flashing. Really like the craftsman ship of the samsung flagships. But again just my opinion ??*♂️

Having been an owner of every Nexus device, the OnePlus 5, and now the Pixel 3. I would never buy another OnePlus device ever again. Pixel it is from here on out. Your issue, it seems, has nothing to do with Google but more to do with the custom development of the device, which honestly isn't struggling at all. There is plenty of solid work out there available for the Pixel 3.

You're unfortunately just suffering due to Ethan's (deestroy) inability to provide timely updates for the device.

In any event, it's a Pixel. You don't NEED to rely on TWRP. You have the ability to flash images via fastboot. Use that and bypass the headaches that come from the lack of QA on the TWRP side.
    Great news, twrp 3.3.0.0 is out https://dl.twrp.me/blueline/

For information and changelog https://www.xda-developers.com/twrp-3-3-0-release/

Sent from my Pixel 3 using XDA Labs