Twrp 3.3.1 v12 (with arm64 support) and working gapps

Search This thread

randomblame

Recognized Developer
May 18, 2009
Freshly built for cepheus twrp 3.3.0

Now working with standard builds of opengapps no need for the custom build.

Known issues:
Global FW only unless you flash matching dtbo and boot.img
Does not support encryption

Instructions: unzip and flash the image via fastboot.

Changelog:
v11 hope this fixes backup/restore issues some were having

TWRP v12 Download:
https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=6006931924117882399

Kernel source
https://github.com/randomblame/android_kernel_xiaomi_sm8150/tree/twrp

Last edited:

doggydog2

stuck at logo screen..then bootloop. flashed recovery-mi9-3.2.3.img right away and i'm back to recovery.

:( impressive gapps arm64 compatibility with all recoveries collected:
recovery-mi9-3.2.3.img - nope
twrp-3.2.3-6-cepheus-mauronofrio.img - nope
twrp-3.2.3-10-cepheus-mauronofrio.img - nope
Twrp_3.3.0_Cepheus.img - nope
twrp_cepheus.img - nope
twrp_en.img -nope

Last edited:

randomblame

Recognized Developer
May 18, 2009
stuck at logo screen..then bootloop. flashed recovery-mi9-3.2.3.img right away and i'm back to recovery.

:( impressive gapps arm64 compatibility with all recoveries collected:
recovery-mi9-3.2.3.img - nope
twrp-3.2.3-6-cepheus-mauronofrio.img - nope
twrp-3.2.3-10-cepheus-mauronofrio.img - nope
Twrp_3.3.0_Cepheus.img - nope
twrp_cepheus.img - nope
twrp_en.img -nope

I'll throw the stock kernel in and that should fix it. This one seems to have an issue with some devices that I haven't figured out

randomblame

Recognized Developer
May 18, 2009
thanks. the upstream kernel you published also bootlooped. is it the one you will push in it?

New build is up with the stock kernel. Should be more compatible. I still have people running off revos who say it will not boot. I believe there is a partition layout difference. This has been tested to work with GLOBAL firmware and gsi's on top

Last edited:

portfolio

Dec 4, 2015
New build is up with the stock kernel. Should be more compatible. I still have people running off revos who say it will not boot. I believe there is a partition layout difference. This has been tested to work with GLOBAL firmware and gsi's on top
v2twrp is not booting with revos, stucking at bootlogo, will go back to previous twrp

randomblame

Recognized Developer
May 18, 2009
v2twrp is not booting with revos, stucking at bootlogo, will go back to previous twrp

Revos and anything based on the china firmware kills it dead. I'm gonna try to pull the kernel out of the china fw next and see if that is compatible with both global and china firmware layouts

randomblame

Recognized Developer
May 18, 2009
Please be sure encryption has been disabled before testing otherwise it's not going to load

Last edited:
Reactions: 00day

mauronofrio

Recognized Developer
Jun 29, 2012
Castellana Grotte
toolaio.tk
Hi @randomblame for the decryption/encryption problems, if it doesn't work just disable it in compilation process hiding TW_INCLUDE_CRYPTO := true and others crypto flags.
For the clock you can see this commit: https://github.com/mauronofrio/andr...mmit/3647d514f905764e2d095a54213e4d52085d28da
Maybe you will need to set it to 84 more or less.
For adb, you should build the twrp with -eng and not with -userdebug, userdebug build is not more used since android 8.1

I didn't find a device tree source so i decided to write here.
Hope this will help you fix your problems

FaserF

Oct 23, 2014
Munich
www.youtube.com
Thank you so much, finally a recovery with working gapps installation :) :) WOHOO!
Tested with https://treble.andro.plus/ FolokoROM with newest opengapps mini package

EDIT: Sorry its not working, the gapps package was flashed successfully, but after a reboot there were no gapps installed. ?
MindtheGapps works but there is no faceunlock :(

Last edited:

randomblame

Recognized Developer
May 18, 2009
Hi @randomblame for the decryption/encryption problems, if it doesn't work just disable it in compilation process hiding TW_INCLUDE_CRYPTO := true and others crypto flags.
For the clock you can see this commit: https://github.com/mauronofrio/andr...mmit/3647d514f905764e2d095a54213e4d52085d28da
Maybe you will need to set it to 84 more or less.
For adb, you should build the twrp with -eng and not with -userdebug, userdebug build is not more used since android 8.1

I didn't find a device tree source so i decided to write here.
Hope this will help you fix your problems

Hey thanks for the tips clock needed an offset of 80, adb is fixed and hopefully encrypted devices will not fail to boot and allow /data to be formatted. Backup seems to be working.

The problem with the opengapps packages is that it is not set up for system as root I'm pulling down their git and I'll build one to host as well

Last edited:

doggydog2

v4 test:
MTP: working (auto mount)
ADB sideloading: working
OTG: no :((( -> only one time setup via sdcard or PC sideloading
Encryption: no
OpenGapps64: yes (after resize thou)
Backup: not tested
Reboot to fastboot: ok
Reboot to recovery: ok (not with fastboot thou, don't know why this is common)
Advanced functions={Copy log,ADB sideload,Terminal,File Manager,Reload Theme,Fix Contents}
Partitions mountable={System,Vendor,Data,Cache,persists,cust,metadata,sdcard}

randomblame

Recognized Developer
May 18, 2009
The problem with the open_gapps package is here:
https://github.com/opengapps/opengapps/commit/82538ba5b07e3093a11d583463b07a848a4a32b9#diff-4b4d756dd3b2a232970b47588e486edd

The device is not detected as system as root or a/b I'm gonna try to put together a package for us.

if [ -n "$(cat /proc/cmdline | grep slot_suffix)" ];
then
ui_print "- AB DEVICE DETECTED";
device_abpartition=true
SYSTEM=/system/system
VENDOR=/vendor/vendor
elif [ -f /system/system/build.prop ];
then
ui_print "- SYSTEM_AS_ROOT DEVICE DETECTED";
device_abpartition=true
SYSTEM=/system/system
VENDOR=/vendor/vendor
else
device_abpartition=false
SYSTEM=/system
VENDOR=/vendor
fi

this should work

*edit ok toolbox is not properly linked in twrp so these changes will do nothing for now. I did compile a version of opengapps that DOES install through this recovery and will link it in the OP I also modified it so that it should pass the architecture test that it fails in the china twrp if anyone prefers that one. It is only micro but if there is demand maybe I can make a couple options but I would prefer to find a better fix.
The working version of gapps is here: https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=1395089523397955923

Last edited:
Reactions: tbv2005 and FaserF

randomblame

Recognized Developer
May 18, 2009
also started working on this for fun
D5XraQPUEAA9PkE.jpg

portfolio

Dec 4, 2015
v4 still not booting into recovery with ROS :rolleyes:

ok, I have to correct, it is working with ROS, this time I flashed v4 over fastboot and it boots into recovery (1st I flashed v4 in my previous TWRP, so one has to use fastboot command to flash this TWRP).
Also this TWRP is really nice to understand and to handle, Thx for that, I'll try corrected gapps later, also no problem to mount system and seeing gapps have to install into /system/system
:good::good::good:

anyway strange: booting into recovery only succeeds when usb-connected to a PC over adb command/vol up+pwr/on-off menu,
when not usb-connected, no way to boot into recovery, always boots into system after a short waiting time showing the mi logo
???

also: other TWRPs show the partition /system/system as /system_root/system and /vendor/vendor just as /vendor and I suppose
the downloadable opengapp-version will only work with v4 twrp and not with other twrps mounting partitions in a different way

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts