[TWRP][3.4.0-10][raphael]Off/Unoff TWRP for Xiaomi Mi 9T Pro/Redmi K20 Pro (Stable)

Search This thread

tsvikrn

Jul 23, 2008
Sure, you didn't specify which rom in the previous post, so we need to guess. As I said f2fs maybe the culprit. A member with a different phone as the same issue, here.
formatted /data to ext4 but twrp is still not able to decrypt.
also clean flashed with the same results: after encryption twrp is unable to decrypt.
any idea?
Im using password not pin to encrypt.

mauam

Jan 26, 2011
formatted /data to ext4 but twrp is still not able to decrypt.
also clean flashed with the same results: after encryption twrp is unable to decrypt.
any idea?
Im using password not pin to encrypt.
No idea. The guy I told you before already solved the problem. Talk to him here.

Saswata Chakraborty

So, I was on PE+ with OrangeFox recovery installed. Was thinking of switching back to Arrow OS latest December (Android 10) build. I decided to start from scratch. Flashed MIUI 12.0.3.0 fastboot ROM, then flashed latest TWRP 3.5.0 and boot into it, formatted data and wiped system, data, cache and flashed Arrow OS. Everything went good and device booted into system. However, later on when I went back to TWRP to take a backup, first it showed me the swipe to modify screen which I already swiped after flashing TWRP. Afaik, it only asks once and after acknowledging, it doesnt ask again. That was the first bug I noticed. Second is, everytime I reboot to TWRP, my preferred settings (like time zone, brightness etc) gets reset to default. Before someone says I did something wrong, let me tell you when I had TWRP 3.4.0 (the last version), I didn't have any of these bugs.

Update: NM, after a few reboots to TWRP, my problem is fixed as of now.

Last edited:

Danacy

Jan 7, 2014
So, silly question perhaps but what does this version of TWRP do over the one from the official website? If I download it from the official site, it also works right? Any benefits from this one? Which one recommended?

mootmetal

Apr 9, 2011
casa
When trying to take a backup i get a msg in red " not all users are decrypted" if i click decrypt i get asked for a password all passwords i tried are wrong, i do get an option to continu anyway but i dont know if i take a backup if i can restore it later or it will be damaged.
Did anyone had similar issu ?

Redsandro

Jul 17, 2012
www.Redsandro.com
I flashed a firmware with TWRP 3.5.0 that won't boot. I can still boot into TWRP using fastboot from my laptop, but now it no longer asks for decryption password so I cannot restore my backup.

This is new for me. It always just works even though I don't understand why it works, and now I don't understand why it does not work.

There is a chance - although I am not certain - the firmware I flashed was Android 11 in stead of Android 10.

When I enter adb shell twrp decrypt '******' on the terminal, I get:

Attempting to decrypt data partition or user data via command line.
Failed to decrypt data.

Any ideas as to how I can decrypt my sdcard contents again so I can restore my backup?

Last edited:

64ashg

May 18, 2014
Redmi K20 Pro
I flashed a firmware with TWRP 3.5.0 that won't boot. I can still boot into TWRP using fastboot from my laptop, but now it no longer asks for decryption password so I cannot restore my backup.

This is new for me. It always just works even though I don't understand why it works, and now I don't understand why it does not work.

There is a chance - although I am not certain - the firmware I flashed was Android 11 in stead of Android 10.

Failed to decrypt data.

Any ideas as to how I can decrypt my sdcard contents again so I can restore my backup?
Try the lastest unofficial twrp in the op..

2VJ5

Sep 27, 2013

Failed to decrypt data.

You can also try the DFE (Disable Force Encryption) zip, search for it

Redsandro

Jul 17, 2012
www.Redsandro.com
Try the lastest unofficial twrp in the op..
I did, I tried the following:

twrp-3.4.0-10-raphael-mauronofrio.img
twrp-3.5.0_9-0-raphael.img
twrp-3.5.A9-raphael-geoanto555.img

Neither one can decrypt my file, although importantly, the first two could decrypt my files before flashing.

I think the newly flashed ROM changed something relevant that this TWRP doesn't take into account. I think it's because latest ROM was Android 11 and ROM on phone was Android 10.

You can also try the DFE (Disable Force Encryption) zip, search for it
But this disables encryption/decryption. I need my old decryption back.

Anton_Chigurh

Jul 13, 2019
Venice
I did, I tried the following:

twrp-3.4.0-10-raphael-mauronofrio.img
twrp-3.5.0_9-0-raphael.img
twrp-3.5.A9-raphael-geoanto555.img

Neither one can decrypt my file, although importantly, the first two could decrypt my files before flashing.

I think the newly flashed ROM changed something relevant that this TWRP doesn't take into account. I think it's because latest ROM was Android 11 and ROM on phone was Android 10.

But this disables encryption/decryption. I need my old decryption back.
This could be a problem with Dfe or custom recovery..... Something say OrangeFox does not have any problem and maybe is better then Twrp

Dec 2, 2012
I cannot boot into TWRP. What I do:
Boot device.
$ sudo ./adb reboot bootloader
Reboots into fastboot.
$ sudo ./fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.4.0-10-raphael-mauronofrio.img
Sending 'recovery' (65536 KB) OKAY [ 1.606s]
Writing 'recovery' OKAY [ 0.325s]
Finished. Total time: 1.935s
$ sudo ./fastboot boot twrp-3.4.0-10-raphael-mauronofrio.img
Sending 'boot.img' (65536 KB) OKAY [ 1.619s]
Booting OKAY [ 0.135s]
Finished. Total time: 1.798s

Then... blank screen. When manually booting into recovery I see the original recovery, not TWRP.

Robbo.5000

Dec 8, 2016
Redmi K20 Pro
I cannot boot into TWRP. What I do:
Boot device.
$ sudo ./adb reboot bootloader
Reboots into fastboot.
$ sudo ./fastboot flash recovery twrp-3.4.0-10-raphael-mauronofrio.img
Sending 'recovery' (65536 KB) OKAY [ 1.606s]
Writing 'recovery' OKAY [ 0.325s]
Finished. Total time: 1.935s
$ sudo ./fastboot boot twrp-3.4.0-10-raphael-mauronofrio.img
Sending 'boot.img' (65536 KB) OKAY [ 1.619s]
Booting OKAY [ 0.135s]
Finished. Total time: 1.798s

Then... blank screen. When manually booting into recovery I see the original recovery, not TWRP.
From the OP
Code:
fastboot oem reboot-recovery
Do this immediately after flashing, whilst still in fastboot mode.

mauam

Jan 26, 2011
Latest Twrp gives error at the end of backup process
Did a backup with latest twrp & all went smooth. Always disable the pin/pattern before taking a backup. I'm on los 18.1 if that matters.

Attachments

• S1.png
    S1.png
    221.7 KB · Views: 47

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone