[TWRP][3.4.0-14][instantnoodle]Unofficial TWRP for OnePlus 8/8 Pro Unified(Stable)

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
If you are just trying to install Magisk, you don't need TWRP. See for example https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/guide-how-to-root-oneplus-8-pro-without-twrp.4083981/
Agreed. There's a tonne of guides out there..I've done a few myself..in short just do the following

1. Extract payload.bin from the ROM /firmware
2. Run it within payload dumper on Windows.
3. Copy the boot.img to your phone from the output folder.
4. Install magisk, change channel to beta, install beta version.
5. Click install in magisk manager, click select and patch a file, choose the boot.img
6. Once patched, copy it from your phone to your computer and pop it in your adb / fastboot folder.

note* the magisk patched image is in downloads.

7. Run from CMD: Adb reboot bootloader
Press enter
8. Run from CMD: fastboot boot magisk_patched
Press enter
9. Once your phone is booted, open magisk and click install once more, select install directly.

adonim1985

Sep 24, 2017
Gniezno
www.instagram.com
Gentlemen, I broke something .. I have played in my OP8 incompatible TWRP with
android 11 (3.4.0.14) and now my WiFi does not work. It turns them off in a few seconds. LTE works normally. And the smartphone itself takes a long time to start now. How can I fix it as soon as possible? in a sense - to go back to stock recovery.

mattie_49

Feb 4, 2010
Seymour Tn
Gentlemen, I broke something .. I have played in my OP8 incompatible TWRP with
android 11 (3.4.0.14) and now my WiFi does not work. It turns them off in a few seconds. LTE works normally. And the smartphone itself takes a long time to start now. How can I fix it as soon as possible? in a sense - to go back to stock recovery.
Msm tool for your variant. And never flash twrp to these devices ever. Only boot twrp through fastboot.

adonim1985

Sep 24, 2017
Gniezno
www.instagram.com
Generally, I have removed the bootloader and root (the one via Magisk). But I don't move TWRP. However, I wanted to play with a few OC kernels and I can see that they can (I think) only be uploaded via TWRP. Am I wrong. There are those that I can download from the Magisk level or the original TWRP and if it is possible to upload them under the original TWRP, how then?

Attachments

FreshlyBaked 420

Nov 10, 2014
Kamloops
Generally, I have removed the bootloader and root (the one via Magisk). But I don't move TWRP. However, I wanted to play with a few OC kernels and I can see that they can (I think) only be uploaded via TWRP. Am I wrong. There are those that I can download from the Magisk level or the original TWRP and if it is possible to upload them under the original TWRP, how then?
Kernels can be flashed with a kernel manager as long as you have your phone rooted.

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
Not sure I'm understanding your English.

Removed means - deleted / gone / no longer there.

But if you want to install kernels then all you do is the following.

1. Unlock bootloader
2. Root your phone
3. Install a kernel manager like ex kernel manager.
4. Copy the kernel to the phone (unless it ex)
5. Install via the kernel manager.

No need for TWRP.

If it's elemental X you want to install then you only need the app, the kernel can be downloaded directly

There's work being done. You can follow along in the Slack group link here in the thread.
I'm glad to know it is still being worked on. But have a question, if i may. What is so different in A11 (v A10) that is making it so difficult to implement? I was once told it had something to do with how A11 was packaged but I was told I didn't know what I was talking about (in no uncertain terms). Just curious, no judgement.

Lossyx

Jan 14, 2014
I'm glad to know it is still being worked on. But have a question, if i may. What is so different in A11 (v A10) that is making it so difficult to implement? I was once told it had something to do with how A11 was packaged but I was told I didn't know what I was talking about (in no uncertain terms). Just curious, no judgement.
It's not about android 11. It's android 10. Mauronofrio has previously used Android 9 trees for A10. But devices launched with A10 basically has to have a entire new tree, which includes a lot of changes.

adonim1985

Sep 24, 2017
Gniezno
www.instagram.com
Not sure I'm understanding your English.

Removed means - deleted / gone / no longer there.

But if you want to install kernels then all you do is the following.

1. Unlock bootloader
2. Root your phone
3. Install a kernel manager like ex kernel manager.
4. Copy the kernel to the phone (unless it ex)
5. Install via the kernel manager.

No need for TWRP.

If it's elemental X you want to install then you only need the app, the kernel can be downloaded directly
I have root, and bootloader unlocked ;)

And a kernel made for android 10 will work on android 11? For example, such ElementalX was by default made for Android 10. And this one is by default compatible with EX Kernel Manager, so I wanted to try it at the start.

(1) [KERNEL] [August 2] OnePlus 8 ElementalX 1.08 (Android 10) | XDA Developers Forums (xda-developers.com)

I also wanted to try it (900 MHz clock speed on Adreno). But I don't know if it will work under this kernel manager and Android 11.

(1) [KERNEL][GPU OC] SmurfKernel 1.1.0 [OOS 10/CUSTOM UNIFIED] | XDA Developers Forums (xda-developers.com)