[TWRP][3.4.0-14][instantnoodle]Unofficial TWRP for OnePlus 8/8 Pro Unified(Stable)

Search This thread

adonim1985

Sep 24, 2017
Gniezno
www.instagram.com
There's other ways to flash roms/kernels.

Well, somehow I can not fully grasp the issue of uploading OC kernels by software.

I only have the CleanSlate kernel installed.
[KERNEL] CleanSlate 🚀 R 2.6.3 |KCal|Dimmer|AdBlock|SafetyNet|FlashLight|Dtap [31Jan] | XDA Developers Forums (xda-developers.com)

And I wanted to try it too (Adreno clock OC):
[KERNEL][GPU OC] SmurfKernel 1.1.0 [OOS 10/CUSTOM UNIFIED] | XDA Developers Forums (xda-developers.com)

Although I have Magisk (21.4) as if to upload.

I also have Franco Kernel and EX Manager pre-loaded.

Somehow, instruction to upload the kernel through: Magisk 21.4 (except for the uploaded CleanSlate) / EX / or Franco is not readable enough for me to take it or I just can't understand it.

FreshlyBaked 420

Nov 10, 2014
Kamloops
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 8 Pro
Well, somehow I can not fully grasp the issue of uploading OC kernels by software.

[KERNEL] CleanSlate 🚀 R 2.6.3 |KCal|Dimmer|AdBlock|SafetyNet|FlashLight|Dtap [31Jan] | XDA Developers Forums (xda-developers.com)

[KERNEL][GPU OC] SmurfKernel 1.1.0 [OOS 10/CUSTOM UNIFIED] | XDA Developers Forums (xda-developers.com)

Somehow, instruction to upload the kernel through: Magisk 21.4 (except for the uploaded CleanSlate) / EX / or Franco is not readable enough for me to take it or I just can't understand it.
Both of those kernels say in the instructions to flash with a kernel manager. M

Both of those kernels say in the instructions to flash with a kernel manager. Both Kernel managers you mentioned do work to flash kernels. If you are on an A11 OS build use an A11 based kernel. Quite simple.

If you have questions about using Kernel managers please ask elsewhere as it's off topic in this TWRP thread

dichandcheck

Aug 23, 2014
Not permanent in A11 as I've flashed the magisk_patched boot image and have alre

Msm back to stock. If your not sure what that is look here in threads. Will return our devices to factory condition. Make sure to use the right one. Verizon Op8(Verizon msm) t-mobile(t-mobile msm)...Unlock bootloader again. Then don't flash twrp to your device for any reason. Download to a folder on your PC. Open your cmd prompt there and fastboot boot twrp.img. Keeps your stock recovery in tact. All you need it for is to flash magisk anyway. It doesn't restore your current rom from a back-up as stated in op. Happy flashing
Ya just needed to enable debugging options. Didn't think about that since I was already in the bootloader after flashing stock image. Dumb mistake.

FreshlyBaked 420

Nov 10, 2014
Kamloops
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 8 Pro
Will have to do it on computer - the XDA app I'm on now sucks - thanks.
I use Chrome on mobile for XDA.Cant stand the app . After you hit the search bar , tap the gear icon it. It gives you the option of searching this thread, all threads, the forum, posts, or everywhere. It's honestly a surprisingly good search function. And I'm not a big fan of the new XDA

Reactions: dladz and gaww

gaww

Oct 4, 2010
Asheville, NC
I use Chrome on mobile for XDA.Cant stand the app . After you hit the search bar , tap the gear icon it. It gives you the option of searching this thread, all threads, the forum, posts, or everywhere. It's honestly a surprisingly good search function. And I'm not a big fan of the new XDA
I should have thought of using internet. I don't use chrome because it lets too much of their adds and other junk through.

Reactions: Helle8855

dladz

Aug 24, 2010
Liverpool
I should have thought of using internet. I don't use chrome because it lets too much of their adds and other junk through.

I use it with adaway and I don't get any ads at all on any page.

The mobile app works perfectly.

In fact I've now deleted Twitter from my phone and any other mobile website I used to use an app for I've added the Chrome bookmarks for.

Bare in mind this isn't my home screen, its the third one along ;)

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210303-130508.jpg
    Screenshot_20210303-130508.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 86
Reactions: SeriesXM
Just saw a post that the newest Samsung phones already have TWRP, yet OnePlus still has nothing for Android 11. I'm not following the Flash business so I don't know what is going on, it just seems like we are falling behind and losing appeal. I don't plan on using custom ROMs, I just like the idea of backing up and restoring as I have regularly done in the past, plus I miss the simplicity of installing magisk which in the absence of TWRP has become challenging. (I don't mean to be nasty or hyper-critical, and I am relatively happy with my finally rooted phone, just making an observation. Don't hate me for speaking out; I intend no harm!)

Reactions: TheDevil259

SeriesXM

Jul 10, 2011
I don't plan on using custom ROMs, I just like the idea of backing up and restoring as I have regularly done in the past, plus I miss the simplicity of installing magisk which in the absence of TWRP has become challenging.

Just being able to make full backups is the same reason I'm waiting for TWRP, so you're probably not the only one. I might even try out a ROM for fun if I can make a full backup and then revert. For now, though, I backup apps and data with Titanium, my SMS with SMS Backup & Restore, and Google takes care of everything else.

As far as Magisk, I followed this guide and it wasn't too difficult.

Reactions: TheDevil259

devsk

Dec 14, 2008
Just saw a post that the newest Samsung phones already have TWRP, yet OnePlus still has nothing for Android 11. I'm not following the Flash business so I don't know what is going on, it just seems like we are falling behind and losing appeal. I don't plan on using custom ROMs, I just like the idea of backing up and restoring as I have regularly done in the past, plus I miss the simplicity of installing magisk which in the absence of TWRP has become challenging. (I don't mean to be nasty or hyper-critical, and I am relatively happy with my finally rooted phone, just making an observation. Don't hate me for speaking out; I intend no harm!)
I don't think this is specific to OP8 or OP8Pro. Android 11 is a general challenge for TWRP.

So, newest Samsung phones may have TWRP only if they are Android 10. At least that's what I gathered so far. Correct me if I am wrong.

Just being able to make full backups is the same reason I'm waiting for TWRP, so you're probably not the only one. I might even try out a ROM for fun if I can make a full backup and then revert. For now, though, I backup apps and data with Titanium, my SMS with SMS Backup & Restore, and Google takes care of everything else.

As far as Magisk, I followed this guide and it wasn't too difficult.
The issue I had was first getting the full source bin for 11.0.4.4 IN11AA, then getting it patched it with Magisk. Once I finally got both done it was easy to flash.

I don't think this is specific to OP8 or OP8Pro. Android 11 is a general challenge for TWRP.

So, newest Samsung phones may have TWRP only if they are Android 10. At least that's what I gathered so far. Correct me if I am wrong.
I assumed newest Samsung phones came with A11 as they keep more up to date than OnePlus. It seems Samsung has in the last few weeks only begun to roll out A11, so just like us, TWRP only works on A10.. I've pretty much abandoned hope for A11 TWRP anytime in the near future, if ever. It was great while it lasted! Too bad A10 isn't supported any longer for the 8 series. I may go back to Lineage 17 (A10) which I hope is still supported. I have had lineage on some older manufacturer adandoned phones and it is super.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

Our Apps
Get our official app!
The best way to access XDA on your phone
Nav Gestures
Add swipe gestures to any Android
One Handed Mode
Eases uses one hand with your phone